Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How the mighty Pratt has fallen (into a pile of money).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Show me where left-leaning people are using soy (boy, face, etc) and it not standing for misogynistic bullshit.

Come on man we're doing it right now, it's being used to refer to a cishet guy getting all exicited over Homelander's crypto speech

It's not the word I'd have chosen but it is just the word now for that particular type of guy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

How the mighty Pratt has fallen (into a pile of money).

He was one of the best.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
noooooo ur not allowed to reclaim words they make me feel bad!!!

i'm an honest to goodness trans woman, i take my estrogen every night. ur all soyfaced cucks hth

ya'll better not being making the ok hand symbol, drinking milk or watching that viking moving because all of them have been "claimed" by the right wing

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

i'm an honest to goodness trans woman, i take my estrogen every night. ur all soyfaced cucks hth

ya'll better not being making the ok hand symbol, drinking milk or watching that viking moving because all of them have been "claimed" by the right wing

Milk and vikings are cool and good though. I'm not sure how to reclaim "this dude is weak and effeminate and bad".

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Milk and vikings are cool and good though. I'm not sure how to reclaim "this dude is weak and effeminate and bad".

twinks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't think its a word worth "reclaiming" - it was never used by leftists and was invented based on nothing but misogyny.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Vintersorg posted:

I don't think its a word worth "reclaiming" - it was never used by leftists and was invented based on nothing but misogyny.

"queer"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Strom Cuzewon posted:

by accepting that someone making a doofy looking face is funny and that humans are allowed to tease each other for looking stupid

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's spanish for "I am face"

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I'd rather have a tiny man become large in my urethra than read any more about soy face.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Misogyny against straight guys with scragly beards and funko collections, disgusting

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

im a proud heterophobe

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
on the other hand, if you do collect funkos, you deserve every slur you get.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

tokin opposition posted:

Don't fart either, pretty sure all right-wingers fart.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
reactionary flatulence

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

christmas boots posted:

reactionary flatulence

don't reveal supersonic's powers

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

by accepting that someone making a doofy looking face is funny and that humans are allowed to tease each other for looking stupid

Yeah, but the whole point of "soy" is the nonsense about feminisation and why weak womanly men are bad. I can think the McElroy's are dorks without calling them low-testosterone.

I don't think it makes someone alt-right if they use it. I don't think it even helps normalise the language of the alt-right, I just think it's gross. It's pretty much entirely an instictive disgust-response.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
drat, this show is still good in its third season. Starr continues to be mesmerizing. In that scene where he sits down with Butcher and growls "Vought" with such venom, I wonder if that's just his voice or they put some effect over it, sounded amazing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Props to whoever job it is to make sure that everyone's eye sockets are in shadow whenever they're being menacing

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
The Boys Season 3: Not all Nazis eat soy.

Seriously though pull up, thread, pull up!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I like to think Stormfront went out like Ian Mckellen in Apt Pupil.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

runaway dog posted:

I like to think Stormfront went out like Ian Mckellen in Apt Pupil.

I like to think they're bringing her back as robonazi but get completely jobbed on this time, like mecha-frieza.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

M_Gargantua posted:

I like to think they're bringing her back as robonazi but get completely jobbed on this time, like mecha-frieza.

she did conveniently seem to have the exact same injuries as anakin at the end of ep 3 so that tracks

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

getting real mad and disgusted at people who don't realize that language is actually static and unchanging

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm really interested to know more about Red River because even in season 1 they mentioned that supes had kids, like Translucent's son. They never really mentioned whether or not those kids were supes too but after Ryan being a thing then I feel like we're going to get a whole huge pile of supe kids showing up to do stuff eventually

Also I really want to know which supe Stillwell hosed to produce Teddy, unless Teddy is another kid who has two normal parents and was injected with V while in the womb

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm really interested to know more about Red River because even in season 1 they mentioned that supes had kids, like Translucent's son. They never really mentioned whether or not those kids were supes too but after Ryan being a thing then I feel like we're going to get a whole huge pile of supe kids showing up to do stuff eventually

Also I really want to know which supe Stillwell hosed to produce Teddy, unless Teddy is another kid who has two normal parents and was injected with V while in the womb
The spinoff episode explored the idea that a lot of the parents that agreed to giving their kids compound V pretty much abandoned them to Red River when their power set was revealed to not be marketable. Like having tits for eyeballs or being stuck in slow motion.

Homelander has all these hangups about being born in a test tube but the reality is that none of the supes got to have 'normal' childhoods.

Kind of surprised they didn't go with the body horror of having a superpowered fetus explode out of their pregnant mom a la Alien. Like when Huey is at Red River I could have totally imagined this happening right in front of him since he is a magnet for getting human giblets all over himself.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

"It's just gamer words"

No bust, it's used by right wing biggots to call men wimps, gay, f-word without outright saying so people like yourself can handwave it away as just jokes.

i hate you so much, lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
stop trying to make fetch happen

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Hope stormfront is the first example of V resurrection in the series.

In the comics, pure V (like the one injected into the boys that increases their strength and endurance by a factor of 50) has the "ability" of jumpstarting dead bodies. It has no way of reversing brain damage due to lack of oxygen though, so any resurrected supes are literal pants-making GBS threads morons.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

Kind of surprised they didn't go with the body horror of having a superpowered fetus explode out of their pregnant mom a la Alien. Like when Huey is at Red River I could have totally imagined this happening right in front of him since he is a magnet for getting human giblets all over himself.

That's how butchers wife bought it in the comics.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Wow, 70 new posts, I bet there's a lot of discussion about the new trailer - oh.

Panfilo posted:

Didn't they depict this in the second season, as a lie to Butcher about what happened to Becca?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Chamale posted:

Wow, 70 new posts, I bet there's a lot of discussion about the new trailer - oh.

Didn't they depict this in the second season, as a lie to Butcher about what happened to Becca?

They did. The show is very good at invoking and subverting the comics, to the point where having read the comics isn’t always a spoiler. I wish more shows did that with source material, but I don’t imagine that many need to. (It makes me laugh that they made a show up up the sex pistols but can’t name the show “the sex pistols“).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Right, I was thinking though even though they didn't have this happen to Becca in the series they could still have the degree of body horror in another scene - like Huey visits Red River and a woman there goes into labor only to have a superbaby explode out of her belly and start chasing Huey around like a Benny hill skit.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

The Boys Season 3: Not all Nazis eat soy.

Seriously though pull up, thread, pull up!

I am sorry :(

Elephant Ambush posted:

I get the feeling Vaught didn't want to waste the opportunity of dosing him after his mother died.

:capitalism:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Wasn't Ryan supposed to be the first example of a kid inheriting supe powers or is that something I just made up?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I'm glad they've scaled back on the edge lord stuff. The show is plenty dark already, but this sounds like something a 14 year old wrote to freak out the squares. Basically Mark Millers entire oeuvre.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
The newest member of The Seven is actually going to be a supe named Dogwhistle, everyone seems mad at him but he seems pretty cool to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/medicom-mafex-black-noir/

:neckbeard:

This company actually understands the show and puts out things that reflect the absurdity of it and I loving love it.

This rules, the tea set I just can’t

Butcher figure having the Laser Baby as an accessory had me cackling

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/mafex-the-boys-no-154-billy-butcher/