Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Can’t stress enough how useful trading/the giveaways channel is. It helps cut down on some of the more tedious quests (I had to collect 100 spiders and just asking in the chat gave me 60 more than I needed)

pubbies are cool and good in this game. I try to do what I can and fulfill their requests too so things balance out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Same. I was doing the last of the big tower unlock quests yesterday/today and it wants 400 dragonfly and 400 grasshoppers, which both pretty much only come from a level 6 lemur. I think I had about 240 dragonflies and 350 grasshoppers and giveaways had me sorted out in in a flash.

I have the tower unlocked now and I have spent all my silver getting to Level 14. The first artifact is nice: 10% faster crops. Corn grows in 24 minutes. I feel like I can ease back on the quests for a bit, put my focus on silver and putting silver into tower levels.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

buglord posted:

Can’t stress enough how useful trading/the giveaways channel is. It helps cut down on some of the more tedious quests (I had to collect 100 spiders and just asking in the chat gave me 60 more than I needed)

How do I cut down on the corn jail sentence? I get that it is a right of passage, but I am already starting the Large Island and Whispering Creek quest chains and I haven't gotten a single corn rune to drop, much less the follow-up hops one to unlock Lake Minerva. Do you know how depressing it is looking at the Flarefin icon with a giant "0/250" every day. I'm about to put some tape over it so I can pretend it's a fish from one of those slow, early lakes that I just "haven't gotten around to yet".

EDIT: Literally just got the corn rune. Praise Jeff.

Moose_Knuck fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 6, 2022

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've got a little analysis paralysis going on with where I am and am not sure what to spend my current $200mm on to progress.

I'm 80/71/86/71 and am currently in Corn Jail while I also work on the Large Island questline (instead of the Whispering Creek questline), which means I'm focusing on fishing nets right now instead of lanterns at the moment.

I'm up to the $1B crop line next, so I'm tapped out there.
Inventory is 522 (bought 4x, Storehouse is at the $1B upgrade next).
Orchard is capped at inventory.
Hayfield is capped at inventory.
Quarry is capped at inventory.
Sawmill is at 1/2 inventory.
Vineyard is at 1/2 inventory, I'm assuming this isn't really a priority, I'm making 2-3 bottles of wine/day.

My only pets are Cat(3), Dog(3), Squirrel(3), Owl(4).

Should I focus on a pet order (getting Owl to 5 first)? Up the Sawmill/Vineyard to cap at inventory? Keep pooling cash to $1B to get the next storehouse upgrade?

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 6, 2022

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fhqwhgads posted:

I've got a little analysis paralysis going on with where I am and am not sure what to spend my current $200mm on to progress.

I'm 80/71/86/71 and am currently in Corn Jail while I also work on the Large Island questline (instead of the Whispering Creek questline), which means I'm focusing on fishing nets right now instead of lanterns at the moment.

I'm up to the $1B crop line next, so I'm tapped out there.
Inventory is 522 (bought 4x, Storehouse is at the $1B upgrade next).
Orchard is capped at inventory.
Hayfield is capped at inventory.
Quarry is capped at inventory.
Sawmill is at 1/2 inventory.
Vineyard is at 1/2 inventory, I'm assuming this isn't really a priority, I'm making 2-3 bottles of wine/day.

My only pets are Cat(3), Dog(3), Squirrel(3), Owl(4).

Should I focus on a pet order (getting Owl to 5 first)? Up the Sawmill/Vineyard to cap at inventory? Keep pooling cash to $1B to get the next storehouse upgrade?

You definitely seem at the point of the game where you can justify Sawmill at 1:1 Inventory, and maybe even pushing Hay Field/Quarry above Inventory, to hit the right ratios you need for Nets or Fancy Pipes or whatever other craft you are targeting, depending on how actively you can play. Owl 5 is also a good call, and getting some of the other cheap pets to Level 3 is also worthwhile. Anything basically that will help you unlock Large Island faster is worthwhile here, because once you start getting to use all those nets you’ve been stocking up on, you’ll gain the freedom to splurge a little more.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

buglord posted:

pubbies are cool and good in this game. I try to do what I can and fulfill their requests too so things balance out.

This is really true, the community is really great. I kinda worry that if this game keeps growing we will lose that.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I need 300 salt, which translates to 15,000 salt rock. I can get that from WC at a rate of like, 50 per arnold palmer, so 300 arnold palmers or like 100,000 stamina or something?

Is there a faster way to get these or is that just how it be sometimes.

I need to do a ton of WC to get to 99 anyway I guess so it's not like it matters.

What do I do with all the materials from WC I'd get on the way to 99? they seem all to be pretty useless aside from the fruit and oak, and I get way more oak than I could ever use. Garnets are nice too I guess, the other stuff doesn't even sell for much, it'd be less work to just void it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

A quest coming down the line is going to require another 300 salt. So almost 600 back to back. Bank on WC getting you there. It’s just a grind

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Agent355 posted:

I need 300 salt, which translates to 15,000 salt rock. I can get that from WC at a rate of like, 50 per arnold palmer, so 300 arnold palmers or like 100,000 stamina or something?

Is there a faster way to get these or is that just how it be sometimes.

I need to do a ton of WC to get to 99 anyway I guess so it's not like it matters.

What do I do with all the materials from WC I'd get on the way to 99? they seem all to be pretty useless aside from the fruit and oak, and I get way more oak than I could ever use. Garnets are nice too I guess, the other stuff doesn't even sell for much, it'd be less work to just void it.

All that salt took me three days, enjoy!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just need 5 gold carrots

Blergh

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Shinjobi posted:

I just need 5 gold carrots

Blergh

Check your mail

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you

:worship:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Steelworks is gonna make a big difference to me, glad to see that’s out of Beta :hellyeah:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Yeah, steelworks just took my last $50mm. I don't need steel regularly yet, but I'm getting close.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They cut the EC quest requirements in half and it now refreshes in the middle of the day, time to plow through those quests now.

And holy moly those steelworks upgrades get real expensive real fast

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Can someone send me 7 grapes?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm currently 85/90/98/83; what should I be craft to make money? I'm thinking

Green Cloaks, Sturdy Shields (because I have so much wood and boards from the Sawmill), Blue Purse and Fancy Drum.

I'm currently in Misty Forest a lot for green and blue leaves. Or is there something from WC that I should be grinding out for?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

I'm currently 85/90/98/83; what should I be craft to make money? I'm thinking

Green Cloaks, Sturdy Shields (because I have so much wood and boards from the Sawmill), Blue Purse and Fancy Drum.

I'm currently in Misty Forest a lot for green and blue leaves. Or is there something from WC that I should be grinding out for?

Green Cloaks are not good money because they're so resource intensive on their inputs. You'll need some for quests, so not bad to have a few crafted, but they're not a primary moneymaker. Fancy Drums aren't quite as bad, but similar.

Your moneymakers (and you should be doing all of these!) are:

Sturdy Shields
Lanterns
Garnet Rings
Crossbow once you hit crafting 99 to burn off some oak
Spheres once you hit 4x85 for the relevant pets.

Everything else is kind of optional.

Blue Purses are worth making, but only from dye/feathers that pets bring you; I wouldn't go exploring for blue feathers, personally, spend that stamina in WC because exploring XP takes forever.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Lag seems really bad today. Wonder what's up?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Is there any xp bonus to ciders, or is the 40 apples it takes to make them just a straight QOL cost?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rafikki posted:

Can someone send me 7 grapes?

Lemme rummage around

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Koryk posted:

Is there any xp bonus to ciders, or is the 40 apples it takes to make them just a straight QOL cost?

Just a straight QOL tax you have to pay if you want to use Apple Ciders.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Koryk posted:

For whatever reason this is like the one area where a better QoL thing isn’t also more efficient 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Lag seems really bad today. Wonder what's up?

a bunch of people unlocked the new fishing zone and are dumping thousands and thousands of large nets into it at once

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

a bunch of people unlocked the new fishing zone and are dumping thousands and thousands of large nets into it at once

I'd specify that the only way to unlock the Fishing Zone today is to spend likely hundreds of gold on extra wishing well tosses to convert Grasshoppers to Bells, which I wouldn't recommend. Presumably an Exchange Center offer for Bells will show up tomorrow to eliminate the need to do such things.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This already came up in the thread, but I can't stress it enough: the Exchange Center updates every twelve hours now. So you should check it twice a day rather than just the once.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Somebody break it to me gently: theres 99 entire 99 Bottles quests aren’t there?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

buglord posted:

Somebody break it to me gently: theres 99 entire 99 Bottles quests aren’t there?

Yes. :D

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

buglord posted:

Click on the hops in your inventory and look at how many requests are remaining 😃

Thanks shinjobi for the grapes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What goes around comes around, happy to help

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do you get the angler fish for the new fishing zone unlock quest? I'm on the very first step and I can understand that I need to exchange stuff for shark's teeth but I don't know where the angler fish comes from.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Agent355 posted:

How do you get the angler fish for the new fishing zone unlock quest? I'm on the very first step and I can understand that I need to exchange stuff for shark's teeth but I don't know where the angler fish comes from.

Lv.6 Frigate Macaw.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Wow rude.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the macaw pays out tens of millions each day in large nets and blue dye with a variety of other great drops so I’d bump that to your first L6 after the frog if you’re stuck in leaf hell

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Level 97 farming, and foolishly upgraded to the 1B row upgrade on a non-event day. Apart from grape juice and planting beets, any tips to level farming faster?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

the macaw pays out tens of millions each day in large nets and blue dye with a variety of other great drops so I’d bump that to your first L6 after the frog if you’re stuck in leaf hell

Yeah that's the plan. I bought the frog in leaf hell and got out and was up to 800m, but buying the macaw and hitting level 5 set that back a bit. i'll still hit another billion in a couple days or less.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

Level 97 farming, and foolishly upgraded to the 1B row upgrade on a non-event day. Apart from grape juice and planting beets, any tips to level farming faster?

Pretty much just beets. It takes a long time, I only just got it today despite having boosted to 97 in last month's event. You're not really missing out on much that isn't gated behind having all four skills at 99.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Piquai Souban posted:

Non-event day?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Some events (like the game’s release anniversary last month or the upcoming 4th of July) award +20% XP bonuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

Non-event day?

There are regular events that give bonus silver and xp. Last one wrapped up May 18th iirc and gave a 38% bonus. It was also a super cool event.