Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I dunno. It's like everywhere I work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

gently caress a job.

Ass-penny

Zil posted:

You are not a failure my orb, you just happen to be working for assholes.

Yeah 100% it is that you are working for dummies, who honestly my understanding is that that's an industry problem in brewing. I really think you should pursue doing your own thing in brewing, even if it takes some time to get stuff together.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

I could be home rearranging things so that there is comfort and safety for any new fluffer-hogs I acquire!

:haibrow:

Escape From Noise

Yeah. I really hate this industry sometimes. Very much considering looking for English teaching gigs this weekend.

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Alternatively you could write a successful light novel "So I'm a brewer, so what?" about someone who dies and is reincarnated in another world as a brewer and their brewing skills are OP and they end up being able to brew beer that can save the world from some unspecified evil

You could follow it up with "That time I got reincarnated as a brewer" and "Ascendance of a brewer", and then write the screenplay for critically acclaimed series "The Brewery" about an idiot brewery manager and the staff that have to put up with them

Escape From Noise

As much as brewers like sniffing their own farts...

cruft

NumptyScrub posted:

Alternatively you could write a successful light novel "So I'm a brewer, so what?" about someone who dies and is reincarnated in another world as a brewer and their brewing skills are OP and they end up being able to brew beer that can save the world from some unspecified evil

You could follow it up with "That time I got reincarnated as a brewer" and "Ascendance of a brewer", and then write the screenplay for critically acclaimed series "The Brewery" about an idiot brewery manager and the staff that have to put up with them

Then you could get all Chuck Tingle with it.

xcheopis

NumptyScrub posted:

50 Beer Recipes from the Grand Duke

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

50 Beer Recipes from the Grand Duke

They're all just NEIPAs.

Escape From Noise

Just had a meeting with my boss. Near the end he asked if I could make wine. I mean, yeah, I guess I could. Can't promise it'll be any good though. This place is so cheap they still haven't replaced my broken pH meter and they keep trying to run this brewery well beyond our capacity but I guess a winery is a good idea?

NumptyScrub

Oh my word your management really have no idea what they are doing, do they :ughh:

Not the tiniest hint of a plan

NumptyScrub fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 30, 2022

Finger Prince

Can you even use the same equipment? I know some wineries also make cider, but I've never heard of a place that makes both beer and wine. I imagine you'd need a whole separate fermentation setup.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
yeah i can make wine *lets out a tiny plaintive fart* how do you like that

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

cruft

Hey EFN since you're in the general business of fermentation now, why not make soy sauce too

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I have a craving for some cole slaw too.

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

Can you even use the same equipment? I know some wineries also make cider, but I've never heard of a place that makes both beer and wine. I imagine you'd need a whole separate fermentation setup.

if I was working on the commercial level I'd be worried about contamination between yeast strains, especially as some wine strains have a gene that causes them to kill other strains.

also, i would want a bunch of secondary fermentation tanks that were dedicated to wine, because it needs significantly more time than beer.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

NumptyScrub

cruft posted:

Hey EFN since you're in the general business of fermentation now, why not make soy sauce too

If they want fruit beers just because fruit, make a miso wine :boom:

Finger Prince

Miso smoothie sour stout.
Dry hopped.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Places usually make cider and wine because it's the same license. As MFP mentioned there's also the concern of cross contamination. Beyond that, bottling wine and bottling beer are completely different processes, apparently. I'm not sure you could even legally use brewery equipment for wine, even if you wanted to. I'm pretty sure that using the same fermentation vessels for beer and wine would get you in a lot of trouble and getting the same equipment licensed for both would be impossible. That said, even if it were possible, I don't want to tie up even one of only six FVs for half a year or more on what would be, at best, a mediocre product I'm not sure anyone would be interested in. Beyond that there's the issue of sourcing grape juice meant for winemaking, which is going to be different from grape juice for drinking. That'd be an issue in a country that produces very little domestic wine, even without current supply chain issues caused by the global pandemic and now a major war in Europe. The only real option is juice concentrate. It just sounds like a nightmare.

This from the company that has taken months to replace my cheap pH meter. Apparently, winery equipment is a fair bit more expensive. With how much they keep overextending our volume, I kind of think maybe building a larger facility and transferring over our happoshu license would be cheaper, even if we brewed on that license while applying for a beer license. A wine license seems even more complicated.

I told my boss if they went ahead they should hire a vitner and he said okay. If he's lying, that's fine. This company takes forever to get anything done. It took this place three years to get their license. I'm sure before they even committed to building this brewery it was at least a year of meetings and document stamping, if not more. I'd be shocked if a decision is made to move forward on this by the end of this year, or even a year from now. Then, after the decision is made, they'd still need to find a suitable location, build or refurbish a building, buy and set up equipment, apply for a license, etc. Of course, there's the chance this languishes forever/goes nowhere. I guess my boss noticed there was a huge uptick in wineries being built here "post" COVID, which is what my former coworker who now sells winemaking equipment told me. So it may just be a "Look into business thing!" situation. I would advise against it but it's not my money and I'll likely be gone well before anything comes of it.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 31, 2022

Escape From Noise

Stuck sparge today. God I hate this stupid loving beer.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Good lord I do not want to be here at all right now. Work is dumb and I wanna go home.

xcheopis

I loving hate being sleepy at work.

xcheopis

One of the temp people we have may be out the door by tomorrow and it will be their own drat fault.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

One of the temp people we have may be out the door by tomorrow and it will be their own drat fault.

Oh gently caress. poo poo. What happened?

I gave my warehouse guys another tiny raise. I'm incrementally raising their pay as I can and it's been an uphill fight the entire time.

Also my next interview is Friday evening, wish me luck. 4th round for a sales engineer job, in pipeline to director.

xcheopis

Edward Fingerhands posted:

Oh gently caress. poo poo. What happened?

I gave my warehouse guys another tiny raise. I'm incrementally raising their pay as I can and it's been an uphill fight the entire time.

Also my next interview is Friday evening, wish me luck. 4th round for a sales engineer job, in pipeline to director.

Not competent at her job, a lot of tardiness and absenteeism ("I'm working from home today!" - does not respond to calls or emails and no work is done), and very much into creating drama.
She would have been gone weeks ago but her immediate supervisor (not a great person, either!) keeps hand-wringing "oh, she can improve" blah blah blah. She's a temp. There is no "can improve! eventually!" for temp employees.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
IIIIIIIII
don't want to work
I just want to go home and pet my dogs
:banjo:

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I'm here at work on my birthday. I finished the night audit so I'm sitting here shitposting until I have to start the continental breakfast and then go home. My girlfriend wants to take me out for breakfast, I'll probably stay up all day and be Hella tired.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm here at work on my birthday. I finished the night audit so I'm sitting here shitposting until I have to start the continental breakfast and then go home. My girlfriend wants to take me out for breakfast, I'll probably stay up all day and be Hella tired.

Happy Birthday!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Thank you, Client, for cancelling our 4:30pm meeting. I just wish you had bothered to tell me it was cancelled instead of ghosting. :mad:

Finger Prince

Doing a work survey. One of the questions asks "What's something you always wanted to do to make one of our customers feel good, but never had the ability to do because you felt it would not be acceptable or allowed?"
Oral sex? Are they talking about oral sex? I'm confused.

Edit - I should make it clear that I have never desired to perform oral sex on a customer in order to make them feel good, or for any other reason (although technically I have performed oral sex on a customer, though we were dating at the time and the exchange was not done within the context of customer service.)

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 6, 2022

xcheopis

Charles Bukowski posted:

Happy birthday!

Escape From Noise

Happy Birthdayski!

Escape From Noise

So it seems like laying out and having meetings about the production schedule has worked pretty well so far. My bosses have been referring to the one I've layed out for future beers and are seemingly more actively planning ahead. Hopefully this works!

NumptyScrub

Escape From Noise posted:

So it seems like laying out and having meetings about the production schedule has worked pretty well so far. My bosses have been referring to the one I've layed out for future beers and are seemingly more actively planning ahead. Hopefully this works!

Awesome, as long as you can sell the benefits of planning ahead (this should not be a hard sell if they have at least an ounce of sense) you should be on track to smoothing out some of your issues with the place :buddy:

Escape From Noise

Yeah, my boss has referred to my production schedule in our last two meetings to check openings for certain beers and stuff. It helped me understand things better too. Here's to hoping!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*workscrem* I have an interview in 8 minutes and just now walked out the loving door

Escape From Noise

Edward Fingerhands posted:

*workscrem* I have an interview in 8 minutes and just now walked out the loving door

Knock 'em dead!

cruft

I have to go in every day and it is really stressing me out. I wonder if this is similar to the stressed out feeling some folks got when they had to quarantine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
Few things feel better than a last day at work