Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I wonder if they plan on doing them for all of the legions eventually? They do look rad as hell so far and I'd love to see what they come up with for the others.

They said they plan on it, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Ok, i did it. I’m weak. I bought some HH stuff. Now I need good custom Alpha Legion heads and shoulder pads - where do I look that’s not FW?

Either 3d print or you join slack and learn the dark ways

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
According to the MKIV repack page, it's "arguably the most common" armor mark in Age of Darkness, so hence (or BaC) the helmets.

...or just stick them on whichever armor you want, a lot of them look fairly agnostic.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So this uses the same force organization chart as a battalion detachment in 9th? Do Troops choices just tend to be Tactical Marines with Bolters?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are those special and heavy weapon sprues on pre-order meant to work with the Age of Darkness sprues?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Dunno about the first one. Standard compulsory is HQ+ 2 troops, and then idk how much of Elites, FA, HS...

Troops are generally Tacticals (Bolters), Breachers (bolters, shields, SWCs), Assault Marines. I think these can fill compulsory slots - Recon, Scout and Tac Support can't.

Some RoWs turn different units (snoflakes, vehicles) into troops and compulsory troops.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are those special and heavy weapon sprues on pre-order meant to work with the Age of Darkness sprues?

Yes, it's for MK6 armor and have hands molded on forward grips - ones for MK3 and MK4 would just slot into the open left palm.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Also just to clarify so I don't screw myself over - GW said this HH boxed set is going to be around / in production for the foreseeable future, right? I don't have it in my budget to pick one up now, so I just want to make sure it's not gonna be a thing like Indomitus where the good box is only available for a limited time and then they start paring down the contents into new "starter boxes" that aren't nearly as good of a deal.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

JcDent posted:

Dunno about the first one. Standard compulsory is HQ+ 2 troops, and then idk how much of Elites, FA, HS...

Troops are generally Tacticals (Bolters), Breachers (bolters, shields, SWCs), Assault Marines. I think these can fill compulsory slots - Recon, Scout and Tac Support can't.

Some RoWs turn different units (snoflakes, vehicles) into troops and compulsory troops.

Legion Despoiler Squads (basically Assault Squads without jump packs) are also a Compulsory Troops option. They have bolt pistols and close combat weapons instead of bolters and bolt pistols. They can swap their CCWs for Chainswords.

They're great for Legions like the World Eaters who can swap the Chainswords for Chainaxes. Spite of the Legion seems extremely good, too.

DrPop fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 6, 2022

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also just to clarify so I don't screw myself over - GW said this HH boxed set is going to be around / in production for the foreseeable future, right? I don't have it in my budget to pick one up now, so I just want to make sure it's not gonna be a thing like Indomitus where the good box is only available for a limited time and then they start paring down the contents into new "starter boxes" that aren't nearly as good of a deal.

I'm trying to find a direct source from GW, but Sprues and Brews got a copy and I have to assume this is info passed to them from GW rather than conjecture:

quote:

No, this is not a limited time release like Indomitus or Dominion – This is the core Horus Heresy box and you will be able to pick this up from your local store whenever you have the urge to take the plunge into Age of Darkness games, or when you want to start a brand new Legion.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was surprised when I read the change to weapons and squad composition; I'd always considered the restrictions on Primaris some sort of strange stopgap but, no, GW really seems to like it.

I'm going to have a very hard time letting go of the concept of the core infantry foundation being a ten man tactical squad with one assault weapon, one heavy weapon, and one close combat Sargent. However, I'll do my best to try it.

So are things like flamers only going to appear in infantry form as something like a devastator squad?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I gave in to wanting the shiny new thing and pre-ordered the big box and special weapons stuff.

I was tossing a bunch of legions around in my head, but I think ultimately I'm going to go Dark Angels. It was either them or EC but I liked the Dark Angels flavor/rules combo more.

Is there any quick source for a bunch of legion paint scheme examples without digging into old FW books?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

^^ all of the recent Warhammer Community articles spotlighting individual legions have both GW-painted examples and stuff painted by non-GW people.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was surprised when I read the change to weapons and squad composition; I'd always considered the restrictions on Primaris some sort of strange stopgap but, no, GW really seems to like it.

I'm going to have a very hard time letting go of the concept of the core infantry foundation being a ten man tactical squad with one assault weapon, one heavy weapon, and one close combat Sargent. However, I'll do my best to try it.

So are things like flamers only going to appear in infantry form as something like a devastator squad?

Flamers and other "special weapons" (plasma, meltaguns) are carried by your Legion Tactical Support Squads. Heavy weapons like missile launchers, plasma cannons, and so on, are carried by your Legion Heavy Support Squads. And every member of those squads carries one of the weapon.

For per-model weapon choice, you're generally looking at things like Veterans, Terminators, or other specialized units like Destroyers and some unique Legion units.

DrPop fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 6, 2022

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's the size minimum on these Legion Support Squads? Five models?

I'm recalling things like Close Combat, a historical WW2 game, where a squad might be a dozen men but a flame thrower was a one or two man "team". I'd really like to have, say, a pair of flamers, but I suppose the reality of hitting, wounding, etc, means that you really do need several to have an impact.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm recalling things like Close Combat, a historical WW2 game, where a squad might be a dozen men but a flame thrower was a one or two man "team". I'd really like to have, say, a pair of flamers, but I suppose the reality of hitting, wounding, etc, means that you really do need several to have an impact.

I'd be surprised if it changed in the new rules but support squads are minimum 5 maximum 10.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
One more question:

The HH box contains, I think 40 "basic" marines with bolt rifles. I'd like to hear any conversion or accessory sprue plans people have.

For example, someone earlier mentioned converting out a special character using a special vox pack the box has?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

DrPop posted:

^^ all of the recent Warhammer Community articles spotlighting individual legions have both GW-painted examples and stuff painted by non-GW people.

I was more looking for those alternate schemes. I know DA are "black, red, white" but I saw a couple images on google of specific alternates for some legions and wondering if DA had that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jack B Nimble posted:

One more question:

The HH box contains, I think 40 "basic" marines with bolt rifles. I'd like to hear any conversion or accessory sprue plans people have.

For example, someone earlier mentioned converting out a special character using a special vox pack the box has?

I'm saving 10-15 of them for the different weapons kits since I'd rather not do the conversion work to use the weapons with older marine kits, but other than that IDK.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The primaris squad composition was if anything an intentional throwback to legion squad compositions

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

Excuse me sir we use bolters here not bolt rifles :)

I have some vague non specific plans to build a despoiler squad of some flavor; I’ll need to source a bunch of chainswords and bolt pistol arms for those. And then likely a veteran tactical squad with nemesis bolters. I should be able to use the regular arms for them; but I’ll need to find some nemesis bolters and other fancy bits to differentiate them from regular tacs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The primaris squad composition was if anything an intentional throwback to legion squad compositions

Plus having more unified squad weaponary speeds up play

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Nancy posted:

I was more looking for those alternate schemes. I know DA are "black, red, white" but I saw a couple images on google of specific alternates for some legions and wondering if DA had that.

Arbiter Ian did a video about that.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
If you're coming into this from 40k, most of the unit building tropes are quite different

Jack B Nimble posted:

10 guys for your heavy or tactical support squads, they must carry a special weapon. All can take various transports like rhinos or land raiders. That's right- 10 lascannons, 10 plasma guns, 10 multi meltas, etc and a tank

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

If you're coming into this from 40k, most of the unit building tropes are quite different

10 guys for your heavy or tactical support squads, they must carry a special weapon. All can take various transports like rhinos or land raiders. That's right- 10 lascannons, 10 plasma guns, 10 multi meltas, etc and a tank

the minimum sizes are 5 though for support/heavy support squads

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

The minimum size for Tactical Support and Heavy Support squads is 5 marines. Max is 10.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Main difference between them and devestators is EVERYONE gets a weapon including the sergeant.

None of this 4 lascannons plus ablative wounds nonsense

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

This is great, thanks!

I know it's ultimately a "do what you want" hobby, but I'm wanting to lean into the pseudo-historical bits.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
To help orient you new folks coming into 30k, some of our veteran heresy players have taken time to write about their favorite legions- how they play, how they've changed, and other helpful things if you're on the fence or interested to hear from experienced players. We're shooting for doing two legions a day in their numerical order, as decreed by the Warmaster:

1st Legion: The Dark Angels

quote:

+ Legion Overview +
=============================================================================
The Dark Angels, the “honorable” First Legion, served as the original template for all those that came after them. Being the first legion, they were entrusted with technologies from the dark age of technology, serving as technologically adept problem solvers who would not shy away from destroying entire planets for the growing Imperium of Man. Thematically Dark Angels fit into a knightly theme with ample use of armor plates that harkon to old suits of armor with bright knightly liveries. Checker patterns are a key part of this legion’s identity along with primary colors, such as red, on bolters or accents. As a legion with multiple knightly orders, emblems of secret societies, keys, books, and robes are not uncommon. Don’t confuse this for their more esoteric depiction in 40k, however.

Painting this legion can be quite challenging, but there is a ton of room for customization and personalization in even the most ‘orthodox’ forces. No other legion offers the same range of variety. Even lowly tactical marines display their own markings and a well-painted Dark Angels army has splashes of color scattered throughout. As a fairly popular legion, you’ll be able to find a plethora of background material and unique units, characters, and RoW.

+ Edition Changes +
Ironically, the Dark Angels were one of the legions to get their rules released last in the original game, including lots of variety to make up for the lost time. Unfortunately, support for 30k was waxing by then, and this reflected in their overall rules quality. Thankfully, the first legion has been completely reworked for the new edition. With six different legion rules and six unique Rites of War, the Dark Angels can selectively apply benefits to make efficient lists. While they’ve lost some of their wargear, such as the ubiquitous stasis grenades, what’s left has been tweaked to be worthwhile. Terranic greatswords in particular are possibly one of the best legion-specific melee weapons in the new edition.

There is an interesting wrinkle here – Independent Characters can join units with different wing rules from themselves. This means that it is possible to run units with two or three different wing rules in a Dark Angels army. This is accounted for in the rules, however, and a unit can only have one such rule active at a time, effectively allowing you to switch perks at the start of your turn. Between this and the various options, Dark Angels players have lots of room to customize their army and play in a way that suits them best.

+ Departmento Mathematica +
In-game, the Dark Angels are a generalist legion with a melee skew. Six wings with different rules lets you comfortably use any unit without worrying about missing out on bonuses. While the individual bonuses may not be as strong as other legions, the trade-off is that each of your units can use something that is relevant to them. The downside is that certain unit types slot into specific wings too easily. For example, dreadnoughts want to be in Ironwing or Dreadwing, but see little benefit, if any, from the others. In normal lists, Dark Angel armies will feature a broad spectrum of rules that will take practice to get right.

As mentioned, there are six unique Dark Angels Rites of War. These are structured around the six wings of the legion that trade the flexibility of standard lists for further specialization and attached bonuses. These can be a bit of a mixed bag, unfortunately, and some may be better represented by generic Rites of War:
  • The Steel Fist (Ironwing) – Tanks and mechanized infantry. Predators as troops and broader access to land raiders and spartans as dedicated transports. Kratos tanks are available as elites for some reason.
  • The Eskaton Imperative (Dreadwing) – The special war crimes division. Cover the board in dangerous terrain and fight dirty with destroyers and interemptors.
  • The Storm of War (Stormwing) – Massed infantry formations supported by additional officers. With this Rite it’s possible to field more basic troops than any other legion.
  • The Unbroken Vow (Deathwing) – Veterans and terminators hell-bent on taking objectives at all costs.
  • The Seeker’s Arrow (Ravenwing) – Bikes, jetbikes, and land speeders. Outflank and outmaneuver the opponent. Limited access to vehicles and can only take one Heavy Support choice.
  • The Serpent’s Bane (Firewing) – Assassinate the enemy’s leaders and elites, but if you don’t you can give up a lot of victory points. Heavy focus on infiltrating and seekers are available as troops.
The Dark Angels also have three unique units – the Deathwing Companions, Dreadwing Interemptors, and Inner Circle Knights::
  • Deathwing Companions – The ultimate bodyguard unit. Completely immune to the effects of sniper and precision shot/strike. They have access to unique shields that grant the whole unit invulnerable saves and reduce enemy units’ initiative. However, unlike regular command squads, they lack a standard bearer.
  • Dreadwing Interemptors – Destroyers armed with plasma flamethrowers. There’s not much else to say here.
  • Inner Circle Knights – A very strong terminator unit armed with terranic greatswords and/or thunder hammers. They also wield smaller, weaker plasma flamethrowers. As their main gimmick, each unit of Inner Circle gets to pick from a list of special rules. These aren’t as well-balanced as they could be and there are clear favorites such as re-rolling wound rolls against high toughness targets or getting extra attacks when in contact with multiple enemies. That said, they’re a nice boost and let the player customize their unit a bit.
The Dark Angels have their primarch, two named characters, and a unique consul option:
  • Paladin of the Hekatonystika – This guy is honestly a steal at +30 points. Not only does he have elevated stats (WS6 and Ld10), but he also gains Stubborn and Adamantium Will. On top of that he gets to choose a special rule from the Orders of the Hekatonystika available to Inner Circle Knights and gets a terranic greatsword for free. Unless you have a specific plan for your centurions/consuls, just take this upgrade.
  • Corswain – One of the best duellist praetors in the game. Seriously. The only things holding him back are his lackluster warlord trait and the lack of Eternal Warrior, but that applies to everyone that isn’t Sigismund. He is a challenge monster striking at I7 and inflicting instant death on a 4+ to wound. He’ll hit most things on a 2+ too thanks to his WS7 and Deathwing bonus.
  • Marduk Sedras – Old man war crimes expert. During deployment he grants Preferred Enemy to any friendly units deployed within 6” of him or his transport. Younger space marines just love hearing his stories. He’s also got a pretty nasty S9 sword and is loaded up with phosphex bombs and a plasma burner. His warlord trait allows him to take a unit of Inner Circle Knights as a retinue.
  • The Lion – Arguably one of the better duelist primarchs, he’s very good at what he does, but doesn’t do much to alter how your army plays. He has a few gimmicks such as a guaranteed 8” charge or gaining attacks as he loses wounds. He also benefits from the Dark Angels’ wing special rules, but has the unique ability to shift his selected rule every turn.
Dark Angels are one of the more complex legions to paint and play as befits their background. On the tabletop, this is a strong legion capable of playing in all phases of the game and with a huge variety of lists. However, things will be simpler than they may seem here. With a little practice, players will be able to identify which wing bonuses work best with which units and write their lists accordingly. Dedicated hobbyists will also be able to work these into their models through transfers or even freehand. A good Dark Angels army will blend rules and aesthetics for a combination that’s hard to beat.

2nd Legion: REDACTED

quote:

+ Legion Overview +

+ Edition Changes +

3rd Legion: The Emperor’s Children

quote:

+ Legion Overview +
Want to play the legion that has the Primarch with the biggest body count? Consider yourself and your army perfect in every way? Then look no further than the Emperor’s Children. They’re the only legion that was allowed by the Emperor to display the aquila across the entire force, no questions asked, because they outperformed all other legions when they wanted to. Despite this, they allied with Horus, because the Emperor is a chump.

Aesthetically, the Emperor’s Children favored MKIV armor, with much of the official art showing off MKIV or MKVI for some special cases. Despite their eventual fall to Slaanesh, regal ‘n clean remains the predominant theme, with ample use of the aquila and accentuated baroque armor trim. There is a rich amount of background material for this legion, from their beginnings to their eventual descent into corruption, present in a variety of unique units, RoW, and characters. (including the ability to field Noise Marines as troops!). The main head of Horus Heresy at Games Workshop, Andy, plays Emperor’s Children. So really they’re god's favorite.

+ Edition Changes +
As one of the first legions with rules in the original game, the Emperor’s Children had a number of updates to bring them in line with later edition legions. In 2.0, there are major updates to Phoenix Terminators, Palatine Blades, and a new consul- the Phoenix Warden. A common rule between all three is called Skill Unmatched, which allows you to pick one of three trade-off buff/debuffs for your unit in every round of combat. This lets you tailor to the strengths and weaknesses of the unit you’re engaged with, adding a lot of depth to your melee options. Additionally, Phoenix Rapiers have been added in addition to Phoenix Spears, and both rapiers and spears have Murderous Strike, making your legion’s melee units even more deadly thanks to the chance to cause Instant Death. Baby paragon blades for everyone! Palatine Blades sadly lost their jump packs, which I will be writing a very stern letter to Andy about. Andy how could you. This is your own legion!!!

Overall the Emperor’s Children are a melee focused legion, generally emphasizing striking first, exactly where needed, or suffering consequences, while being backed by ranged support. While they do have some shooting buffs, they are defensive in nature, so their bread and butter remains going first in melee and being good at it. This is a legion that leans light on vehicles to play to these strengths, as you won’t be getting the full effect of your Legion rules if you want nothing but tanks. Your LA gives you +1 initiative when you charge, which is huge when you consider swinging first leaves your opponent with less models to strike back. Sonic Shrieker wargear is incredibly strong, and is recommended on every melee unit by taking it on characters or sergeants. The Maru Skara RoW emphasizes setting up charges and ambushes out of reserves, while 3rd Company Elite gives you a strong backbone of shooting in your basic troops.

For flavor, the Emperor’s Children were big fans of Lascannons, which gained Sunder in the new edition, and you can’t really go wrong finding ways to take Lascannons in the new edition. Overall, you want to find ways to get into melee to take advantage of your LA rule and melee enhancing wargear. To get good at playing Emperor’s Children means finess- getting very good at lining up your charges how you need them, knowing which units counter others, and if you aren’t the one getting the charge, finding ways to mitigate the loss of your advantages. Always Be Measuring and thinking ahead of where your opponent will move and make sure the charge odds are ever in your favor.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 6, 2022

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Please respect the death of the 2nd and 11th legions. They aren't the samurai legion and anime legion.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
So I ordered a few sets of the Dark Angels MK3 resin shoulder pads; does anyone know if those will fit on the new plastic MK6 bodies without looking weird?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Also kinda hosed up that the Kratos and Deimos Rhinos sold out basically immeidately.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Ghazk posted:

Please respect the death of the 2nd and 11th legions. They aren't the samurai legion and anime legion.

They are the all female legions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

They are the all female legions.

The emperor declares that girls have cootius primus

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
And some pictures: my magnetized 1k Sons Leviathan and a cute little Centurion

In retrospect, I wish I had been a bit more restrained with the glow effects

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
One important thing for newer 40k players to know, when thinking about these single weapon squads - with very few exceptions, if your squad shoots at a target every member of your squad may only fire at that target. So even in Veteran Tactical Squads, where you could toss a Missile Launcher or two in with a bunch of guys with Bolters; if you fire the Bolters at an enemy infantry squad, you cannot then fire the Missile Launchers into an enemy vehicle, for example. Thus, squads being limited to a single weapon type isn't quite as much of a problem as in some other games.

Additionally, most vehicles can and will be taken in squadrons (vehicle units), meaning that damage carries over to the next vehicle, once one is destroyed. So your 10-man Heavy Support Squad with 10 Lascannons can destroy an entire 5-tank squadron of Predators, if it rolls well.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gato The Elder posted:

So I ordered a few sets of the Dark Angels MK3 resin shoulder pads; does anyone know if those will fit on the new plastic MK6 bodies without looking weird?

From what I've seen the resin stuff fits pretty well on the new MK6 bodies. The height changed, but the size of shoulder pads is about the same (and MK3 pads were always on the bigger side)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Gato The Elder posted:

And some pictures: my magnetized 1k Sons Leviathan and a cute little Centurion

In retrospect, I wish I had been a bit more restrained with the glow effects

Nice to see Thousand Sons that aren't all candy apple red!

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Can you tell I am excited for 2.0? Because I am!

Other side of that spear

And here is the whole squad together

Major Spag fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 6, 2022

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Intro to Warhammer 30K The Horus Heresy – Choosing a Legion

One of the axioms of modern wargaming is an accurate representation of a force within a known chaotic theatre. Relative final state varies from game system to game system but are not entirely unrelated. Idealized linear resolution of choice based on parameters such as “it looks cool” or it “performs well” in much simpler systems such as Warhammer 40,000 are pedestrian in nature and the Horus Heresy requires a more nondeterministic approach that exhibits divergence from predictable trajectories. The nonlinearity implies loss of causality between the perturbation of the setting and the effects propagated in time. Players looking for basic requirements for choosing a legion to represent in the Horus Heresy game system will find basic requirements outlined below.

The initial thought many players new to the Horus Heresy system have is “Systems that begin with known, but slightly changed initial conditions result in completely different outcomes. How can choosing a legion be resolved without infinite prediction?” It is a legitimate question, but fortunately, there exists a system for reducing complex systems to elementary models for some values of the parameters. Let’s explore these parameters:

Step 1 – Faction Factor
Faction factor as a percent of deviation of current utilization can be expressed as

Remember that a positive sensitivity parameter is required for the Horus Heresy. Using a negative sensitivity parameter will still compile but implies a Dornian Heresy and additional correction factors must be accounted for.

Step 2 – Legion Balance
Legion balance is a linear function depending on current deployment rates weighted against the corresponding rates for the last period written as the expected stable value.

These coefficients are required to be greater than zero because the assumption is being made that your collection will both increase, and your compromise probability became deterministic upon visiting the Forgeworld website and deciding to invest in the Horus Heresy.

Step 3 – Picking a Legion
Once Faction Factor and Legion Balance has been determined, one must consult the Legion Ally Matrix which is presented in several publications, but poorly explained. It is presented below (Fig. 1) and recreated again on the right (Fig.2) in a mathematically approachable version where relationship levels have been converted to a numerical representation.

With a known faction factor percentage and legion balance value determined, cross reference them against the dot product of sets containing desired legion traits, which are shown as vertical bars. Under certain circumstances, logistic crisis can arise in the interval tendencies. In these cases, turnover can be achieved by comparing armor color assets to the bifurcation diagram (Fig. 3). Note that this is applicable only to power armor MK6 and earlier.

Don’t forget to list the cardinality of sets that feed into your scalar product consideration on your army list. This value is often used to determine who is the aggressor in a scenario, as well as who is the traitor/loyalist when a single legion is subjected to infighting. It can be very embarrassing to be the only player at the narrative event to be disqualified for having an unstable bijection.
As you can see, a lot more goes into choosing a legion than one might suspect at first glance. I hope this guide helps clarify the process for you as a new player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

N…no