Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So this is just a reminder that Aliens is one of the best movies ever made. Don't even try to argue that.

Have you ever played any of the Alien games? Loved the movies and Alien: Isolation was a phenomenal game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CozyFella posted:

Have you ever played any of the Alien games? Loved the movies and Alien: Isolation was a phenomenal game.

I have!

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

alien isolation. now there's a video game.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vESxCZe0HA

More bad news.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
in 1986, my brothers and i snuck into the theater to watch Aliens because we were too young to watch an R rated movie.

holy poo poo.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

In 1992, when I was 9, my Dad took me with him to see Alien3 in the theatre. I had been watching sci-fi and action movies with him for years, so he was satisfied that I wasn't going to have a screaming fit, or night terrors. We got to the counter, and Dad says "2 for Alien3, please."
The guy at the ticket booth looks down at me, then up at Dad and goes "Uh, sir, I can't let him into the movie, it's rated R."
Dad :rolleyes: "Look, I'm his father, and I think he's fine to watch the movie."
The guy says he's not actually allowed to sell a ticket to an R rated movie to a minor. Dad pulls a Karen, and tells the manager he'll pay for an adult ticket, so everyone will be happy, right?
And after all that, they did my man Hicks so dirty.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've never seen my dad so disappointed as after alien 3, we were both huge fans and had watched the first two a shitload of times.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

The Zombie Guy posted:

In 1992, when I was 9, my Dad took me with him to see Alien3 in the theatre. I had been watching sci-fi and action movies with him for years, so he was satisfied that I wasn't going to have a screaming fit, or night terrors. We got to the counter, and Dad says "2 for Alien3, please."
The guy at the ticket booth looks down at me, then up at Dad and goes "Uh, sir, I can't let him into the movie, it's rated R."
Dad :rolleyes: "Look, I'm his father, and I think he's fine to watch the movie."
The guy says he's not actually allowed to sell a ticket to an R rated movie to a minor. Dad pulls a Karen, and tells the manager he'll pay for an adult ticket, so everyone will be happy, right?
And after all that, they did my man Hicks so dirty.

The employee was really just trying to do you a favor so you wouldn't have to pay good money to be crushingly disappointed by Alien3.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Doctor Dogballs posted:

alien isolation. now there's a video game.

this

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7LytagKlc

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Looks pretty good tbh

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I'm just a little sad they didn't go all in and film it in a native language with subtitles, but liking what I see here. Definitely won't be the worst Predator film.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm just a little sad they didn't go all in and film it in a native language with subtitles, but liking what I see here. Definitely won't be the worst Predator film.

Agreed, real missed opportunity.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Looks like I spoke too soon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'd be totally down to watch Prey in Comanche if they also have English subtitles available.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

The Zombie Guy posted:

A bullet can have your name on it, but a flamethrower says "To Whom It May Concern".

i want this quote in a framed needlepoint on my wall.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Zombie Guy posted:

A bullet can have your name on it, but a flamethrower says "To Whom It May Concern".
:hmmyes:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Looks good, I very much enjoyed the Get Over Here action with the tomahawk. I also like that the protagonist isn't a white guy, which will just aggravate the poo poo out of terrible internet people. They better not kill off the dog though... Actually, now that I think about it, how about John Wick vs Predator?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I'm actually really fascinated by fiction and non-fiction set in North America in this era and it was my favorite thing about The Revenant. I wish more big budget movies used this setting.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Zombie Guy posted:

:perfect:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

zenguitarman posted:

I'm actually really fascinated by fiction and non-fiction set in North America in this era and it was my favorite thing about The Revenant. I wish more big budget movies used this setting.

A podcast I dig does a fun episode on the real dude, it's somehow crazier than the movie.

https://podbay.fm/p/the-dollop-with-dave-anthony-and-gareth-reynolds/e/1401076820

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

this looks so awesome

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh poo poo, I just learned that one of my best friends has never seen From Dusk Till Dawn.

This is going to be loving amazing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's a really fun movie and I watch it from time to time.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

It has an excellent soundtrack too!

My mom bought the soundtrack CD from Columbia Record Club or something, not realizing that in addition to the good tunes, the album also features Cheech Marin as the parking lot barker doing his Pussy Blowout Sale stuff. Teen me thought it was the funniest goddamn thing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not feeling that trailer for Prey at all

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
There isn't enough praise in here for James Horner's score for Aliens and I find that disturbing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This just dropped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8GeC8ziZ4M

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 9, 2022

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

The employee was really just trying to do you a favor so you wouldn't have to pay good money to be crushingly disappointed by Alien3.

I was around 12 years old when I saw alien3 in the theater and I thought it was loving awesome. After the movie my aunt took me to B.Dalton bookstore and I spent most of that time pouring over a copy of Giger’s Necronomicon. Pretty awesome night all around.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'd be totally down to watch Prey in Comanche if they also have English subtitles available.

Why wouldn't they?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
https://twitter.com/Lucky_BunTTV/status/1534719631872729088

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I wish they'd just have the openness Sega does so we know whether to be cautiously optimistic like we're getting an Isolation or just give it a pass like a Colonial Marines.

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1490354640206151685?lang=en

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh, god I remember being so excited by that Colonial Marines trailer, you all know the one I'm referring to, and the overwhelming disappointment when the game finally dropped. Like, loving oof.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

edogawa rando posted:

Oh, god I remember being so excited by that Colonial Marines trailer, you all know the one I'm referring to, and the overwhelming disappointment when the game finally dropped. Like, loving oof.

:same:

I still played the entirety of the campaign once

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Owlbear Camus posted:

I wish they'd just have the openness Sega does so we know whether to be cautiously optimistic like we're getting an Isolation or just give it a pass like a Colonial Marines.

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1490354640206151685?lang=en

Holy poo poo, I had never seen this Twitter account, this is hilarious

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Xenomrph posted:

Holy poo poo, I had never seen this Twitter account, this is hilarious

They're pretty great, and recently have been eviscerating Elon Musk online.

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1531335346826379266?s=21&t=pODvoD2znKMQMGGjsmZQQA

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Could be interesting?

ChickenHeart posted:

The top-down Aliens game looks to be a squad-level RTS where you slow down time to issue orders; could be interesting:

https://twitter.com/Th3Lonef0x/status/1534973349583015959?t=sjBv9ZujvaimuG92RHKb-w&s=19

edit: wasn't Obsidian working on a game just like this a few years back?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 9, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I'm certainly interested in the game. The FAQ posted in that tweet said it's squad based and you control the entire squad. Also, death is permanent. There is a "persistent" world which still exists as you complete missions. And it says sometimes you can't complete all objectives so you may have to go back and finish the job.

Sounds pretty interesting.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well I'm certainly interested in the game. The FAQ posted in that tweet said it's squad based and you control the entire squad. Also, death is permanent. There is a "persistent" world which still exists as you complete missions. And it says sometimes you can't complete all objectives so you may have to go back and finish the job.

Sounds pretty interesting.
I am interested in xenocom. My big issue with nuxcom was it wasn't possible to bug out of a doomed mission with a partial success or personal strategic goal, so that last bit is definitely interesting.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Darkest Hivegeon has my interest.