Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Ahhh graveyard quest, pretty sure I read it when it was new but don't remember much about it so it's like experiencing it again for the first time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Oh man

This particular one was in the single issue of Knuckles the Echidna comic book I own, bought while on family vacation in Australia.

It was about Knuckles' relationship troubles.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Boba Pearl posted:

I can't make out these latest scenes in a property of hate. I have no idea what's happening visually.

It’s utterly unreadable.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

KennyMan666 posted:

It's very good! Tomtemaskinen remains my favourite adventskalender in SVT too.

To continue the pattern of posting comics by people I know, if I remember it I might post some comic by the Pettson author's son when I finish AJ. Not gonna post two comics simultaneously.
Oh weird, I never expected to run into real-life connections in this thread! I've met that guy, he's close friends with my ex. Seems like an absolute sweetheart, I've never read his comics though so that'll be interesting 🙂

Also re: SSSS, maybe I already said this itt and forgot, but Lalli reads as autistic to me, with some traits that are similar to my own. I've also been told I'm essentially a cat though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/BigJimbo0100/status/1533682054327545856

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Boba Pearl posted:

I can't make out these latest scenes in a property of hate. I have no idea what's happening visually.

The One Electronic RGB got knocked semi-unconscious when jumping into the traincar and briefly got a glimpse of a higher reality (The artist imagining him, who was also in between waking and dreaming at that exact moment)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the only thing I can think of for this entire segment of PoH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfq4ioHmiHs&t=87s

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hrrrnnngghhh Coach, I'm trying to steal second but I'm dummy thicc and the clap from my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the pitcher

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

Oh man

This particular one was in the single issue of Knuckles the Echidna comic book I own, bought while on family vacation in Australia.

Was it good

Tell us about it

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lies, Sisters and Wives
Page 10

Lies: 9 (+4; Jessica claims to be a vet, claims to work with horses, claims to put them to sleep & claims to use poison to do that)
Sisters: 0
Wives: 3 (+1; Agatha, Arthur's wife)
Deaths: 0

Oh no, it gets even harder! I chose not to count questions like "do you like X" because I guess technically the character *could* like X even if at the moment they're stating it as part of a lie.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I wonder what the total lie count is gonna be by the end. We almost jumped back up to parity with the number of comics today, and there are 34 total pages. I'm gonna say it accelerates and we hit 45.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 32: Badges of Office

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

flavor.flv posted:

The One Electronic RGB got knocked semi-unconscious when jumping into the traincar and briefly got a glimpse of a higher reality (The artist imagining him, who was also in between waking and dreaming at that exact moment)

It's been hinted that all of these characters are either dead in some sort of afterlife or dream copies made when their originals sleep and then left behind in a shared dreamland. I believe RGB caught a glimpse of his "real" self.

KennyMan666 posted:

Aren't they all?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

At this point in Lies, Sisters and Wives I would just burn the house down.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Embarrassed Lalli

Emil is way too nice

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Come And See posted:

It's been hinted that all of these characters are either dead in some sort of afterlife or dream copies made when their originals sleep and then left behind in a shared dreamland. I believe RGB caught a glimpse of his "real" self.

I think that's just The Hero, and maybe a few other characters

Every living thing in this world is an idea. Some are dreams, some are imagined, some are memories. The Hero is the idea of herself. That's why she can't go back, that's why she can't remember her previous life. She's not real, she's just somebody's perception of a real human child, and that child is still alive in the real world

She's starting to warp, too. The art getting less detailed isn't the artist putting in less effort, it's something that's actually happening to the characters. She gave up her clothes and boots for a simple sweater and featureless clogs, she traded two of her fingers away and now she's got hands like a cartoon character. She's getting more and more distorted and simplified, like a memory of someone you haven't seen in a long time

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh that's really really clever, I feel bad now, I had assumed it was laziness because I've found myself having to re-do things because I just... Didn't put enough effort into it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
So does that means the film motif on the train is representative of day dreaming, instead of train of thought? The same way RBG's TV represents his "serialized" nature. He is both the narrator and one of the characters, it's viewing outside and in? Like we're the TV show to him, just like he's the TV show to us?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I dunno, I'm pretty lost too, that's just what I've pieced together and it might be completely wrong

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

First off, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wrote to me with feedback on the Google ads I'm running as of this past Wednesday. Nearly everyone was incredibly understanding and supportive about them, so thank you. You guys are the best! There were a few negative e-mails; like I said, I don't think anyone was sitting at home fervently wishing I'd run ads, but even among the few (mild) complaints I got, no one seemed completely outraged, which is great. You guys are also the best! Though slightly less best than the other people. But only slightly! Seriously, thanks to everyone who wrote in and thanks for all the support. Again, I'm not sure if I'll keep the ads or what, I'm sort of just trying them on for size and seeing how it goes.

I also redid the Extras page using WordPress, which is free blogging software. So far, it seems pretty neat. It makes the page a lot easier to update, which hopefully means I'll be updating it more often. I'm going to (try to) have something new up there at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so there'll be something new to look at every weekday on this site. I'm still futzing with the page a bit, but this is my first time using WordPress, so it may take me a while to get everything into shape. One nice feature is that it allows me to categorize the entries, so even though the newest entry is always at the top of the page, if you wanted to see all the Fan Art or the Mod news or whatever, you can click it on the sidebar and see whatever is in that category. (Though you have to click the individual entry title to get any links inside the entry to work, for some reason -- I'm working on fixing that.) I added all the old stuff and categorized it in the meantime, and have a little something ready to go for Tuesday. So, check back!

Finally, as far as today's comic goes, I really hate posing stupid jerky annoying Strider ragdolls. They're very touchy and twitchy and if you mess up or pull on them wrong, their forty-foot long legs tend to spaz out and kick things over and smash other things. The little town square was pretty much blitzed by the time I got that sucker into place. Plus, the first time I spawned it, it fell right on top me, killing me (note to self: always enable God mode before you pose stuff).

EDIT: Phil Bettany from runesigs.com just sent me a great animated version of the fifth panel. The joke definitely works a lot better his way. Thanks, Phil!

Little N64 Legend of Zelda humor for ya. I do, in fact, hate side quests, which are really more like chores than anything else. Every flippin' town you go in games like that, it's the same thing.

"I've lost my puppy! Can you find him?"

"I need a special metal to make a magic sheild! Why don't you go run all over the place for hours and find it for me?"

"Gather twenty eggs from nests scattered all over the drat place, and I'll give you a big egg that will hatch into something some other loser is demanding you get for him in exchange for something else!"

"Ohh, ohh, herd my cattle into the pen and I'll give you the Ecto-Polar Fusion-Propulsion DynamoPower Cell you need to fix your disabled Rocket Pack! I'm a poor rustic farmer incapable of tending to my six cows, but somehow I have an scientific object of inestimable worth that you, owning a giant laser cannon, can't simply take from me until you do some menial labor!"

And so on.

(dead links, so I replaced them with youtube links)
In case you haven't played the game, Grigori is a little... off-kilter. I extracted a couple sound files (.wavs) from the game, just so you can hear what he sounds like:

Grigori's Welcome(couldn't find a good one for this)

Grigori's Laugh

Found this one in there, too, and since Grigori never got killed when I played the game, I never heard it:

Grigori Killed

So, if you think I'm at all exaggerating in today's comic, there's proof I'm not: this nutter even laughs when he dies.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:popclap:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Finally a more accurate replacement for sonic-cycle.jpg

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

inker Jim Amash ended up being the 2nd-longest lasting creative involved in Archie Sonic (behind only cover artist Patrick Spaziante), first popping up to do some fill-in work in late '96 and lasting all the way until the series got cancelled in early 2017; even coming back to ink a few early issues of IDW Sonic (until the artist he was inking switched to doing art digitally like most of the rest of the IDW artists). I actually stumbled upon an interesting interview he did a while back here

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

That smile

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

That smile

Ronnie still killing it with potential av material

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's great to see a joke from Whomp based on him being successful.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

shoulda had the liefeld cover

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Boba Pearl posted:

So does that means the film motif on the train is representative of day dreaming, instead of train of thought? The same way RBG's TV represents his "serialized" nature. He is both the narrator and one of the characters, it's viewing outside and in? Like we're the TV show to him, just like he's the TV show to us?

I think a lot of the haziness is that they're in a vast desert of corrosive nothing. It's why they need the clogs. The wood has enough memory to work as ablative armor, but it's still not a stable environment for ideas. Whatever created that desert destroyed an ocean of memory-trees, it blurring the hard edges of the characters makes sense to me.

Now the train? No idea. I'm assuming the microphone headed guy and whoever he was recently talking to sent it at them to get RGB and the Hero and bring them... somewhere? Just run them over? I imagine the idea of a train has enough weight to be resistant, but I'd be surprised if the current hijinks didn't leave it vulnerable because of them slowing it down in the sand.

Echophonic has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Jun 7, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't give them any ideas.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

:shepicide:

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The second panel is really nice here, because she looks so excited at the chance to bond over memories of favorite toys. Granted that it takes a really depressing turn immediately, but the positivity there is fun.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1534033878641426432

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Come And See posted:

Aren't they all?

flavor.flv posted:

I think that's just The Hero, and maybe a few other characters

Every living thing in this world is an idea. Some are dreams, some are imagined, some are memories. The Hero is the idea of herself. That's why she can't go back, that's why she can't remember her previous life. She's not real, she's just somebody's perception of a real human child, and that child is still alive in the real world

She's starting to warp, too. The art getting less detailed isn't the artist putting in less effort, it's something that's actually happening to the characters. She gave up her clothes and boots for a simple sweater and featureless clogs, she traded two of her fingers away and now she's got hands like a cartoon character. She's getting more and more distorted and simplified, like a memory of someone you haven't seen in a long time

These are both clever, thank you for sharing. :)

My own take is that this is a person's psyche, perhaps the author. Let's call them the subject. You saw him in the last update.

The characters are in a land of make-believe. When they went to the market, they came across other characters that are brewing in the deep recesses of the subject's imagination. Some will become refined enough to leave and emerge into the subject's consciousness, literally realized. Others don't have enough potential and are lost forever.

The same market has forgotten objects and memories attached to them, which also probably belonged to the subject at some point.

I'm not sure why the current hero was brought in to save this world. I don't think she's another figment of the subject's imagination. In the latest chapter, you see RGB talk about going to the real world to seek out a hero. Probably not a spoiler, because none of us know what the hell is going on!

What's interesting is what RGB sees when he dreams (or more precisely, when characters dream around him). Come and See may be right about all or some of these characters having died IRL. Here's a recap of the others we saw.

(the 2nd panel is a nod to a classic Buster Keaton short)

Not sure what to make of the strips of film. But they're obviously appropriate for a TV.

So, we're at page 340, and have a little under 150 left. Looks like the author is still churning them out on the regs (they've released 9 since I've started).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wow that seems like a design flaw for an all female vehicle brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This is kinda sweet! :unsmith: