Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

docbeard posted:

I sometimes think the Democrats want to be destroyed too badly for it to actually happen but they sure are right on track.

the only thing that makes me think the party wont be utterly destroyed into a rump party is the evidence of nothing significantly changing the united states other than for the worse. the liberal political party collapsing would be historic in a way we dont get in a nation of unending suffering and grinding tragedy. everything is gradualist. whens the last time something happened? thats right, 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

THS2 posted:

the only thing that makes me think the party wont be utterly destroyed into a rump party is the evidence of nothing significantly changing the united states other than for the worse. the liberal political party collapsing would be historic in a way we dont get in a nation of unending suffering and grinding tragedy. everything is gradualist. whens the last time something happened? thats right, 9/11
I mean, just because a lovely political party collapses does not mean it'll be replaced by something better. No reason it couldn't result in the creation of a True Republican Party, arrayed against a "rump" original Republican party that's basically just more honest democrats.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

MLSM posted:

Another tyt dpshit is going to get destroyed in 2022

https://twitter.com/harveyjkaye/status/1532053230892503041?s=20

does she have the keys to gramercy park? where it's safe to be afraid of the dark?

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

MLSM posted:

Another tyt dpshit is going to get destroyed in 2022

https://twitter.com/harveyjkaye/status/1532053230892503041?s=20

i'd vote for amy santiago, i guess

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

THS2 posted:

explaining this is technically not a recession and how a recession is actually a totally different thing in macroeconomics from rampant inflation, high cost of living, unaffordable housing, $6 gas, and baby formula shortages while passers by piss on my face

that';s an helluva act, what do you call it

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mawarannahr posted:

SES Anderson

socioeconomic status

SUS Anderson

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

scientist estimate the average wattage produced by the biochemistry of a womans body to be equivalent to 100 watts at rest and up to 2000 watts under extreme circumstances. is nomiki capable of these numbers and if I personally say no, what is she and that shirt gonna do about it?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Salean posted:

Obama told you who he was when he told you to buy your own drat fries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtkdedf7tk

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

This might only last them til the end of June, since a recession is technically two quarters in a row of negative GDP growth, Q1 already was negative, and its a definite possibility Q2 will be, so it could blow up in their face right near the election anyway. Even their dumb "technically I'm right" arguments are just setting them up to get destroyed later

basically this

They are creating a recession on purpose to try to reduce inflation and "discipline" the working class. But why would they claim there's no recession while working to create one? Doesn't make any sense.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I mean, just because a lovely political party collapses does not mean it'll be replaced by something better. No reason it couldn't result in the creation of a True Republican Party, arrayed against a "rump" original Republican party that's basically just more honest democrats.

we have to move foreward the dialectic

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

30.5 Days posted:

They are creating a recession on purpose to try to reduce inflation and "discipline" the working class. But why would they claim there's no recession while working to create one? Doesn't make any sense.

The recession will happen because we are insufficiently austere. Too many people using credit cards

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think there some was some recent yellen quote where she said that she thinks the fed can fix inflation without there being a recession, which, i dunno, maybe some of the more out of touch democrats believe their own bullshit

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol at this thread freaking out about this nothingburger.

Let the RNC waste their money on pizza parties in black neighborhoods, it's not going to do anything for them because, get this, minorities already owe Democrats their votes! Duh.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

just like 2008 was blamed on mortgage borrowers, this will be blamed on people getting and spending free money for once in their lives (the equivalent of a couple paychecks for most). instead of the fed opening the gullets of every financial institution and funneling in limitless fake dollars at near zero interest while income disparity reaches highs unprecedented in human history

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Biden already said that the inflation was because of the checks months ago.

Defective Pikachu
Jun 2, 2022

by Hand Knit
drain bank account via inflation

put everything on credit to survive

congrats, its now your fault

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
if he gave out enough money to real human beings to affect inflation he would retire as the greatest president to ever have lived

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nobody gives a poo poo about Jan 6th.

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1533814503783251968?s=20&t=e5hlnEvYohQbystcI7OvGA

I wonder how many people thought this was going to be the thing that finally changed the narrative for republicans?

E: for reference, republicans blame the democrats. lol

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1533814487840587777?s=20&t=e5hlnEvYohQbystcI7OvGA

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

were the capitol riots really a horror for anyone but the lovely politicians we all hate
god i wish it had been a coup at this point, getting the democrats completely out of the way opens up so many possibilities

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

really queer Christmas posted:

I dont understand, the rich are getting richer at astronomical rates. Why are the proles so upset??

Economic compersion

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

THS2 posted:

just like 2008 was blamed on mortgage borrowers, this will be blamed on people getting and spending free money for once in their lives (the equivalent of a couple paychecks for most). instead of the fed opening the gullets of every financial institution and funneling in limitless fake dollars at near zero interest while income disparity reaches highs unprecedented in human history

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

pissinthewind posted:

were the capitol riots really a horror for anyone but the lovely politicians we all hate
god i wish it had been a coup at this point, getting the democrats completely out of the way opens up so many possibilities

The capitol riot was a bunch of idiots milling around who were let into the building by the cops. If the rioters were in any way a coup force they could have very easily murdered a significant chunk of Congress with no resistance. It has always been a total non issue outside of illustrating the right wing leanings of the capitol cops. The democrats might have used it to highlight the need for police reform and contrasted the permissiveness of the capitol cops with the brutality of the Floyd protests, except the democrats were 100% on board with brutalizing largely minority protesters and they ended up giving loving medals to the capital cops.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

any kind of government intervention into the market has been made effectively or literally illegal over the last 40 years to make stock prices go up and here's why that's actually a good thing as the market requires ever greater infusions of human blood to keep running

Honestly, I'm starting to think the Aztecs were more humane in their method of keeping the cosmos turning. At least they were honest and only a few got sacrificed.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pissinthewind posted:

it was mostly infuriating for people who had been paying attention to BLM protests and seeing them getting gassed and beaten for standing in the wrong place vs the capitol pigs just letting the trump people go on a self guided tour of what was meant to be an actual center of power

like fully in your face these people can just go in and take whatever they want and nobody will stop them

Nix Panicus posted:

The democrats might have used it to highlight the need for police reform and contrasted the permissiveness of the capitol cops with the brutality of the Floyd protests, except the democrats were 100% on board with brutalizing largely minority protesters and they ended up giving loving medals to the capital cops.

this tbh nobody in power is interested in stopping what's happening

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Candidate helps voters, Dems cry foul.

quote:

A gas-money giveaway in support of Herschel Walker, the Republican candidate for Senate in Georgia, drew the ire of Democrats and voting rights groups in the state, who said the move was both hypocritical and possibly illegal.

The event, organized by the pro-Walker PAC 34N22, aimed to highlight rising gas prices and tie the issue to Sen. Raphael Warnock, a Democrat who will run for reelection against Walker in November. The group handed out $25 fuel vouchers and Walker campaign flyers to motorists in line at a gas station in downtown Atlanta on Saturday as volunteers held signs saying, “Warnock isn’t working.”

https://news.yahoo.com/group-supporting-herschel-walker-gave-181200397.html

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Besides the chuds falling off of the capitol walls they were trying to scale instead of just taking the stairs, the funniest part of Jan 6 is 18 months of democrats harping on it like it was the worst attack on America since Fort Sumter while steadfastly refusing to hold anyone in power accountable for it because :decorum:

Even if you care about 1/6 what does bringing it up over and over do except remind you that Democrats won't do jack poo poo about it because they don't want to lose their invites to the ringleaders' congressional yacht parties

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/EliStokols/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
money talks, bullshit walks? omg the liberal in me is utterly betrayed

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
saudi arabia has a king not a dictator duh. big difference

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
here in america we love kings

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

jpow said he was thinking of raising rates some time in the trump years and then turmp raged about on twitter for a while, then there were some news items that trump was supposedly looking at what he could do to fire jpow, then suddenly jpow changed his mind and decided not to crash the economy

biden gets into office and says sure jpow, do whatever you want

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Stereotype posted:

saudi arabia has a king not a dictator duh. big difference

Much of MBS's governing is conducted via writing and gestures

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

jpow said he was thinking of raising rates some time in the trump years and then turmp raged about on twitter for a while, then there were some news items that trump was supposedly looking at what he could do to fire jpow, then suddenly jpow changed his mind and decided not to crash the economy

no no, no

no

get some media literacy friend, we've learned presidents can't do anything, that must be fake news

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
they were still trying to identify 1/6 people? it's been a year and a half, I figured even the democrats were done pretending to care. of course no one's going to give a poo poo when you don't do anything but whine for that long

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Shear Modulus posted:

drat are you telling me that political capital is something you have to make for yourself by actually doing politics and not something that gradually builds up like super meter in a fighting game??? that can't be right, playing the game means doing nothing for as long as possible so that you can pass 1% debt relief for ivy league graduates who operate successful businesses for 20 years

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

DoubleDonut posted:

they were still trying to identify 1/6 people? it's been a year and a half, I figured even the democrats were done pretending to care. of course no one's going to give a poo poo when you don't do anything but whine for that long

nah the democrats and fbi locked up a bunch of rinkydink morons while everyone with any clout told them to shove the subpoenas up their asses and got off scot free (other than maybe Peter Navarro but let’s see how that works out)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

30.5 Days posted:

If it causes all the crypto dipshits to gently caress off forever I'll eat a little collateral damage ngl

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shear Modulus posted:

:dementia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

so refreshing to have a president who actually listens to the experts!