Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Booyah- posted:

lmao that crypto bro from the clip has a whole thread of cope explaining how Defi isn't really his thing and his dog was sick so that's why his answer was so bad

https://twitter.com/packyM/status/1533796782404149260

I don't understand anything and can barely form a coherent sentence, but by God, I will continue to insist I'm right no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

these companies are pretty much "i didn't get to be the one getting merchants fees so i'm going to reinvent the entire financial systems but this time with more steps and i'll be the one raking in the vig."

With the added layer that marks like our old friend snotball007 can pay a bunch of money for a rapidly imploding cryptotoken that pays him like 0.0000005% of every burrito bought via the app

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Any moderately skilled programmer could write an AI that would be just as annoying as your average crypto shill:

Step One: hey guys whats going on in this thred?

Step Two: i have a new scam, it's totally not like all the others because THIS SCAM took us four years to figure out. i must describe it using paragraph and paragraphs of word salad.

Step Three: hey, hey guys, please take me seriously

Step Four: you guys all suck

Step Five: i'm leaving now (but really doesn't, the AI would sit back and monitor the thread, maybe for key words or just generate a random time to return).

Oringinal Idea DO NOT STAEL!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Mad FUD in the thread from Tommy Doubtertons who'll never see wealth. Ya love ta see it, keep complainin', I'm stackin!!!! 😈😈😈😈

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

tango alpha delta posted:

Step Four: you guys all suck

Nah, you guys don't suck. No sarcasm, I enjoy a good time with goons.

If you ever want to listen/see me bash a crypto project, just look at my Twitter profile. That's how I learned my terrible video editing skills.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

snotball007 posted:

Oh, and credit cards? Yeah, Flexa has better incentives. GameStop offered 25% off of purchases on Christmas Eve. Chipotle is currently promoting 10% off with Flexa purchase.

i just need to quote this for posterity because its one of the funniest things ive read in here

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Buschmaki posted:

Mad FUD in the thread from Tommy Doubtertons who'll never see wealth. Ya love ta see it, keep complainin', I'm stackin!!!! 😈😈😈😈

lol, crypto bros are loving hilarious; you all want wealth so badly that you have problem loving other people over for it. The irony is that none of you would know what to do with actual wealth so you'll end up pissing it away anyway.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/Devon_Wiersma/status/1533886234967396355

i'm convinced that not a single person who's written these wild nft-in-games fantasies has ever actually played a video game before

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lol, crypto bros are loving hilarious; you all want wealth so badly that you have problem loving other people over for it. The irony is that none of you would know what to do with actual wealth so you'll end up pissing it away.

You make an NFT of your wealth and you own it forever, dumbass.....

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

snotball007 posted:

If you ever want to listen/see me bash a crypto project, just look at my Twitter profile. That's how I learned my terrible video editing skills.

I'm not reading all the many words you posted, but with a quick skim it appears to be the good ol' "Yes, most crypto is scams BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS ONE GOOD ONE!"

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

You make an NFT of your wealth and you own it forever, dumbass.....

lol, of course, why didn't i think of that? it's all so obvious now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
5% drop rate for the rarest item in the game? Yeah, that's pretty low, I guess.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

snotball007 posted:

Dude, you are a shill and a pretty terrible one at that. read the loving room.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i can buy chipotle for ~$10.

or i can setup some wallet service that produces some type of cryptocurrency that i can't convert back into actual money, which has to use this "L2" service because, "L1" is too slow thus forcing me to use the services of a centralized authority to help speed transactions up which then uses complex mathematical proofs to verify the validity because apparently the centralized authority i use can't do that itself all so in the end the service can generate a gift card with a QR code that tells chipotle that someone gave them $10 in real money.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

i'm convinced that not a single person who's written these wild nft-in-games fantasies has ever actually played a video game before

crypto really is divine punishment for two decades of insanely-grindy MMOs and microtransaction-loaded F2P games breaking an entire generation's brains, isn't it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cryptos bros will never gently caress

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

cryptos bros will never gently caress

they need an app for that.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

or i can setup some wallet service that produces some type of cryptocurrency that i can't convert back into actual money, which has to use this "L2" service because, "L1" is too slow thus forcing me to use the services of a centralized authority to help speed transactions up which then uses complex mathematical proofs to verify the validity because apparently the centralized authority i use can't do that itself all so in the end the service can generate a gift card with a QR code that tells chipotle that someone gave them $10 in real money.

spoken like someone who isn't saving 25% at gamestop this christmas :smug:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

real wealth is built up slowly and deliberately over decades, unless you are willing to steal other peoples money. it's boring, but i sleep much better at night.

i'm not just talking about money, but relationships, which is something else i suspect crypto bros just aren't very good at.

e: lol, i'm calling it right now; friends on the blockchain and friends by concensus and FrieNdFTs. it's the future of relationships!

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 7, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

snotball007 posted:

GameStop offered 25% off of purchases on Christmas Eve.

This has to be satire because it's so on the nose sad it can't be real.

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009
Flexa found to be the most effective way of laundering money out of crypto through Chipotle: dozens die from making GBS threads themselves to death.

This is the headline we need next.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
But will the curvy Chipotle checkout girl respect me y/n

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Easy to offer 25% off to cryptonerds when the supply chain issues means your business has no inventory.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

But will the curvy Chipotle checkout girl respect me y/n

She’ll hate your loving guts even more than before

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Strong Sauce posted:

Lmaooooooo god it’s so ridiculous.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Not gonna lie, that Flexa example sounds a lot more tedious than simply tapping my phone or putting my card in the machine.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

What i got was basically "wow guild stuff and maybe an item drop thats a promo for another game" and I have no idea what the blockchain has to do with any of it

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

crypto bros honestly don't understand why video game logic doesn't work with real money. news at eleven.

e: i'm starting to worry that these crypto bros don't realize everything in a video game is not real. They know it's all just ones and zeroes that have absolutely no bearing on the real world, right? Right?

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 7, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

This is really loving funny but I didn't get it until I read an explanation that the NFTs, which cost 800 dollars or some poo poo for a raffle ticket with a CHANCE to get one, is just a straight copy paste of a model from a $29.99 asset pack of horse armor skins from the unreal engine assest store.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the coinbros that do play games are definatelly toxic peeps that insist there are ssj moon god players, but for some reason, the system/all the other players are keeping them down.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

This is really loving funny but I didn't get it until I read an explanation that the NFTs, which cost 800 dollars or some poo poo for a raffle ticket with a CHANCE to get one, is just a straight copy paste of a model from a $29.99 asset pack of horse armor skins from the unreal engine assest store.

Not just the Unreal rear end store, the assest store.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

crypto bros honestly don't understand why video game logic doesn't work with real money. news at eleven.

e: i'm starting to worry that these crypto bros don't realize everything in a video game is not real. They know it's all just ones and zeroes that have absolutely no bearing on the real world, right? Right?

A lot of them do have basically a young child's, or 90s TV writer's, understanding of video games.

Mind you, real money operating on video game logic is pretty much mainstream economics as taught in Western schools and colleges.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

snotball007 posted:

Also, congrats on giving me the motivation to come back to the forums just for this.

I believe I've found the root flaw in your methodology

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rad Russian posted:

*libertarian NFT goblin rear end noises*

Can this be the new thread title?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Paladinus posted:

5% drop rate for the rarest item in the game? Yeah, that's pretty low, I guess.

There are mounts in WoW that have a .01% drop rate.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zil posted:

Can this be the new thread title?

Yes.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
“Flexa processes the payment "in under a second," it said, and then settles with Chipotle in either fiat or crypto.

It was unclear which option Chipotle will choose. Flexa doesn't share how its partners receive their payouts, said co-founder Trevor Filter in an emailed statement. "What we can disclose is that while many merchants choose to receive payouts in their local currency, more and more merchants are beginning to explore holding digital assets on their balance sheet," he said.

Chipotle did not respond to a request for comment.”

I wonder which they’ll pick :allears:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

quote:

Importantly, issuing a debit card would have necessitated adherence to all of the existing Know Your Customer verifications and credit checks currently involved with opening a bank or payment card account. We want to make payments more accessible in addition to more efficient, and the current ecosystem’s barriers to entry can be especially prohibitive to some.

guys they didn't want to do kyc verifications because they just want to help the unbanked buy a burrito at chipotle and then buy halo infinite at gamestop uwu.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Look guys, I dunno why you're not jumping on the bandwagon to save 25% off a purchase at Gamestop on a single day of the year, versus the 2% cashback on all purchases I make with my card. The math just works out!!! (if you never purchase anything and live a hermetic existence and don't know steam exists)

Also the fact that you have to make purchases and consider that your balance is in a stablecoin because of tax reasons is unintentionally hilarious. "Sorry, selling my staked shitcoin is a taxable event, that's why I can't get lunch with you all" is the worst excuse to trot out with your coworkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the unbanked solution would be the usps offering basic banking services.

the current jank solution ar e those cash reload able debit cards with 5-10$ fees for everything.