Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I can understand loving something that is batshit crazy and evey week makes you go "wtf did I just just watch" but at the same time that kinda show is just not going to build an audience.

Nichael posted:

I don't think the big picture plot of Raised by Wolves was/is that complicated. The events of every episode are crazy, but it's fun to roll with it.

That and the show actually explained a bunch of stuff later in the season. Even better is that they aren't having twists just for the sake of twists. People made logical assumptions about things and they were right. Like Grandmother de-evolving humans and those are the 2 humanoid species we have seen.

It's a good show and while there are a lot of crazy things happening, it's clear that there is a method to the madness and I am sad that we might not see all of it unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
I never got what I wanted from this show.

My Three Moon Wolf T-Shirt.

cf.:
:sigh:

The only thing to do is ram my arm shoulder-deep down any hole I see. One of them's bound to have the shirt up in there. Cavorting amongst the internal tree goblins and humans what grow like plants.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I need to know what happens to those that ate the forbidden fruit.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SirPablo posted:

I need to know what happens to those that ate the forbidden fruit.

My personal theory was is that it was going to protect them from devolving

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

My natural inclination when my adopted mom (who murdered my biological mom) turns into a tree, and bears fruit, is to give it to random passerby in the only human village in existence in the galaxy.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"The CG on these tanks looks like poo poo" and then the tanks ACTUALLY looking like that was maybe my favorite time being wrong about something.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gschmidl posted:

"The CG on these tanks looks like poo poo" and then the tanks ACTUALLY looking like that was maybe my favorite time being wrong about something.

Everything about this show is perfect. I haven't been this upset by a cancellation in a long time.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

gschmidl posted:

Intentionally bad special effects can really add an air of eeriness to a show. Twin Peaks season 3 was full of them and it freaked me the gently caress out.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, that the tanks turned out to be physical props made me laugh given how pissed off everyone was with them.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I think the show might get saved, it's certainly an option

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

CODChimera posted:

I think the show might get saved, it's certainly an option

We need to pour robot milk on it

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/Abzybabzy/status/1533493420811071491?s=20&t=V2eAcmtWu1cvVTsmOudKng

I like the implication that the producers children actually watch this crazy rear end show. Probably while drinking milk.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Marcus Drusus still send his regards
Frozen forever on Kepler-22b
The first thing on his mind is marriage
and his wife who turned into a tree

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Gonz posted:

Westworld androids are literally made in a pool of milk!

You're right!

Also I think my favourite part of this bananas show is its willingness to utterly trash the status quo every couple episodes. Also I think the fruit makes people more open to religion and religious thinking.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Solenna posted:

Also I think my favourite part of this bananas show is its willingness to utterly trash the status quo every couple episodes.
LOL exactly, like when Marcus started gathering a cult of followers of his own in season 2 and they all just got murked by the robot girl after like 2 episodes. I thought they were going to be major characters for the whole season.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Faceless robot murder girl being a recurring and vital role was not something I anticipated
and it was awesome

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
here's some special effects props stuff, some of which i don't actually remember seeing.

https://formlabs.com/blog/raised-by-wolves-3d-printed-props-prosthetics/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Faceless robot murder girl being a recurring and vital role was not something I anticipated
and it was awesome

I appreciate that her death (tragic, sudden) was a very human way to go out.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Where do they do the auctions for props and stuff when shows get cancelled? I've seen it on websites before, it must be a thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JazzFlight posted:

LOL exactly, like when Marcus started gathering a cult of followers of his own in season 2 and they all just got murked by the robot girl after like 2 episodes. I thought they were going to be major characters for the whole season.

There was the whole thing with the blonde lady seemingly looking to shift into place as Marcus' partner as Voorhees-Bot's mother lost her faith, and then bam they ALL get murdered, haha.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

The one that got me laughing was the super powerful AI and will its literal machinations be a problem for Mother and oh wait it's dead after like 3 episodes never mind

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Solenna posted:

The one that got me laughing was the super powerful AI and will its literal machinations be a problem for Mother and oh wait it's dead after like 3 episodes never mind
I do wish they had revived that before the season's end. Mother only disabled it, it was still intact.
It seemed very important because it was in the "human silhouettes" shape that was indicated in those metal flash cards.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Trust did nothing wrong :colbert:

:smith:

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I refuse to believe it is over. Sol will provide, have faith.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Trust did nothing wrong :colbert:

:smith:

It killed Mouse :mad:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I miss the Trust. This show getting canceled feels like the Trust being deactivated all over again. I just want my gods to be open about being benevolent utilitarian AIs, is that too much to ask?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Trust seemed pretty dumb but the bioweapon was such a mind gently caress

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

CODChimera posted:

The Trust seemed pretty dumb but the bioweapon was such a mind gently caress
I think it absolutely sucked that Paul got cured off screen and there was no permanent physical change, though. What a missed opportunity for more weird poo poo.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah but it directly enabled Sue to become a tree, cause she was dumb enough to then follow Paul and Marcus, then sing a lullaby to the artifact and then hold what was in it in her ungloved hand lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's so simple, just never sing lullabies to strange alien artifacts after your son turns into a cocoon.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'll never learn about mermaid culture.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

https://twitter.com/Carzonfye/status/1533626376527429633?s=20&t=DOsb5KLg4av3w7Yq7SRqMg
Praise Sol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Naw, the sun makes you all sweaty and miserable. How could anyone worship such an awful jerk

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

pentyne posted:

Where do they do the auctions for props and stuff when shows get cancelled? I've seen it on websites before, it must be a thing.

So help me Sol I'm owning a metal task of the day ball and some evil fruit props.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Who would win in a fight, sol or crom?

or would they be friends

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Khanstant posted:

Naw, the sun makes you all sweaty and miserable. How could anyone worship such an awful jerk

Albino spotted.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress!!

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/7/23157925/raised-by-wolves-canceled-hbo-max-warner-bros-discovery

quote:

After two seasons, HBO Max has decided to cancel the sci-fi TV show Raised by Wolves, Variety reports. Originally ordered to series for the cable channel TNT, its first season premiered in 2020, and four months after HBO Max launched, it ranked as the service’s top streaming series.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Raised By Wolves on TNT would’ve been wild as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Khanstant posted:

it might be nice to live in a cozy hole in the ground on Kepler. far away from the horrible sun and the acid sea, free to devolve into a hosed up moleman in relative peace.