Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm glad they've scaled back on the edge lord stuff. The show is plenty dark already, but this sounds like something a 14 year old wrote to freak out the squares. Basically Mark Millers entire oeuvre.

Maybe don’t look up “Crossed”, by Garth Ennis. I don’t think anybody has the nerve to make that live action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

Maybe don’t look up “Crossed”, by Garth Ennis. I don’t think anybody has the nerve to make that live action.

Look up the Taiwanese movie the Sadness which came out last year. It’s basically the Crossed movie.

It’s pretty hosed up!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

This rules, the tea set I just can’t

Butcher figure having the Laser Baby as an accessory had me cackling

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/mafex-the-boys-no-154-billy-butcher/

I've got the sixth scale butcher figure with the laser baby accessory and yes, it rules.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

ruddiger posted:

Look up the Taiwanese movie the Sadness which came out last year. It’s basically the Crossed movie.

It’s pretty hosed up!

Is anybody loving the blowhole of a dolphin corpse?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Marsupial Ape posted:

Rover Red Charlie was interesting before Garth Ennis remembered he was Garth Ennis in the last two issues.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

Is anybody loving the blowhole of a dolphin corpse?

No dolphin loving but there is a lot of inserting things into other things that shouldn’t have a thing being inserted into.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

ugh dude i regretted looking that up a couple years ago and then regretted reading through most of it and regret now having remembered doing either. it doesn't really have anything to say, can't think of anyone ever caring to adapt it, i'm sure the trees its printed on regret ever sprouting. garth ennis is just a gross lovely dude and that whole comic felt like him laying out some nasty poo poo he just likes fantasizing about.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
i tapped out of Crossed when i got to the issue about the main character wishing he had hosed an underage girl after all (because she was begging for it)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That doesn’t happen in the first story arc, you made it farther than me.

I only read that first arc then the Alan Moore run, which had a pretty good premise (it takes place 100 years after the outbreak and how the surviving generations had to adapt to survive).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bust Rodd posted:

i tapped out of Crossed when i got to the issue about the main character wishing he had hosed an underage girl after all (because she was begging for it)

Is that the one that has the mute woman have sex with survivors in exchange for marbles... Which aren't even any kind of currency she's just having sex for marbles. then she kills herself after the protagonist has some heartfelt talk with her.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm gonna keep calling things soy and you can't stop me

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
well this thread took an awful loving nose dive the last few pages, jesus loving christ

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Lady Radia posted:

well this thread took an awful loving nose dive the last few pages, jesus loving christ

careful friend, i'm sure nose dive will offend a group or another

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Lady Radia posted:

Thanks for a white noise whining post to really turn thing around

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Dalael posted:

careful friend, i'm sure nose dive will offend a group or another

Shut the gently caress up

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Marsupial Ape posted:

quote:

The first series was originally optioned for an independently funded film, with Ennis writing the screenplay.[23] It was going to be financed by Trigger Street Productions and produced by Michael De Luca, Jason Netter, and Kevin Spacey.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

tokin opposition posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Or and hear me out, you do the same, and go to cspam with your bullshit

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Nose Dive won't be featured in the TV adaptation. Some things are just too much.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think the most Hughie thing will be He takes the V and gets confronted by Supersonic, and ends up killing him by accident right when Annie walks in, in a way where there's no good way for him to explain things.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So do we think this is the final season where Homelander goes full scorched earth and everyone else has to work together to kill him or does this season end with him leveling New York for fun and then next season is dedicated to fighting and killing Homelander?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Me reading the soy conversation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6IbE3jpFGQ

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Redhead Vought publicist lady on temporary V would be the Homelander's soulmate from hell.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the only good react video I've ever seen

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Shageletic posted:

the only good react video I've ever seen

do people really enjoy hearing obviously fake overreaction that much? you can just scream into a mirror, it's free & easy

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Needs to be poetic. Stilwell's kid ends-up teleporting Homelander's head off.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
All reaction videos are trash, though I'd be willing to watch Nathan Fielder do one.

tokin opposition posted:

do people really enjoy hearing obviously fake overreaction that much? you can just scream into a mirror, it's free & easy

do many goons own mirrors?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Linking that video is really telling on your YouTube viewing habits.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don’t watch reaction vids, but when I do I make sure they are done by big tiddy girls.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Elephant Ambush posted:

So do we think this is the final season where Homelander goes full scorched earth and everyone else has to work together to kill him or does this season end with him leveling New York for fun and then next season is dedicated to fighting and killing Homelander?

I don’t think they’re gonna blow up 80% of the recurring sets

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Open Source Idiom posted:

All reaction videos are trash, though I'd be willing to watch Nathan Fielder do one.

do many goons own mirrors?

we all own monitors

also

ruddiger posted:

Linking that video is really telling on your YouTube viewing habits.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Just remember, for as edgy as this show is, they didn't have the balls to crash the hijacked plane into the Brooklyn Bridge.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ruddiger posted:

No dolphin loving but there is a lot of inserting things into other things that shouldn’t have a thing being inserted into.

Sounding good, imo.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Oh no not my youtube habits

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Oh no not my youtube habits

Oh wow, I thought I was the only content creator at this convent.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I hope Stan Edgar survives all this at the end. And in much the same way Comics Stilwell does (by throwing his ingenue under the bus). I appreciate a good affably evil character.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like that they humanized him by making him a loving and doting father and grandfather. Instantly makes him a better villain.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I did hear it right and his full name is "Stanford" right? Somehow that and "send your men to fetch us some water" made him the most hateable person in that flashback.... well until Soldier Boy said,"Hey, you should smile more!" to the Colonel :allears:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Black Noir is definitely Stanford’s brother or something, right? They seemed familial and pretty close, he wasn’t talking down to him or controlling him the way he talks to other supes,at least not that I could see. Stan just having permanent eyes & ears on the 7even makes a lot of sense

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

GD_American posted:

I hope Stan Edgar survives all this at the end. And in much the same way Comics Stilwell does (by throwing his ingenue under the bus). I appreciate a good affably evil character.

It'd be interesting if he did because he is almost comically flagged for death when Homelander finally slips the leash, *not* dying would be the genuine twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Thundercracker posted:

God, if you told me back in two thousand dickty nine that The Boys comic would become one of the best and consistently smartest TV shows on air I'd call you a filthy liar.

I'm guessing The Pro has already been optioned.

It got optioned years ago but nothing has come of it so far.