Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I heard someone today talking who sounded just like Izzy, it was very odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My buddy can do a great impression and busts it out at opportune moments. Cracks me up every time.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

There was an early Tumblr theory that Izzy was the only human on the show and the rest of the cast were all Muppets. Which I would love to see, actually.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Real life Stede was a real idiot rear end in a top hat. Bored slave owner who wanted to do crimes because he thought it sounded fun.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

There was an early Tumblr theory that Izzy was the only human on the show and the rest of the cast were all Muppets. Which I would love to see, actually.

Nothing I've seen refutes this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I watched the first episode of Our Flag Means Death and it is very cute, looking forward to seeing the rest. The bedtime story was very sweet :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

OFMD ep 8: TURTLE CRAB FIGHT

And the best use of The Chain. :kimchi:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

The_Doctor posted:

OFMD ep 8: TURTLE CRAB FIGHT

And the best use of The Chain. :kimchi:

I love that episode so much! Will Arnett as Calico Jack shouting almost every line and being a complete rear end in a top hat was perfect. The scene with The Chain is my favorite In the whole show, it looks cool as hell and the way everything’s synced up to the music is great. Apparently they had to do it double time to get everything to look right, haha.

And the foot touch at the end :kimchi:

And! I didn’t notice this the first few times but at the very end of the episode you can see the Swede hiding in a barrel on the right when everyone’s getting arrested :lol:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

disaster pastor posted:

The best part is that, as far as I've heard, "whip my balls!" was an ad-lib from Taika, and Jack's whip double had to be like "what? No. Wait. Taika said that? Then I have to..." and lined up and nailed the perfect shot with no prep.

Taika Waititi is a treasure, and we're all so blessed that he got the platforms his talents deserved.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Official OFMD Twitter posting coy poo poo at us today about keeping secrets 👀

https://twitter.com/OurFlagHBOMax/status/1531766208424357888?s=20&t=9IpKH94-zxkySJ0IhRxmCA

edit: regular HBO Max Twitter and both instagrams also posted about keeping secrets with scenes from this show today as well! 👀👀

HOLY FUCK fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 1, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just finished episode 3 and I love that Isaac is apparently the only actual "normal" pirate on the entire show and it clearly drives him mad. Without knowing who the character was, I'd read earlier in the thread that he's like the only human actor in a show otherwise populated by Muppets characters and that's just perfect :allears:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sweet, it's coming back. Now if friggin Raised By Wolves gets renewed I can die not disappointed about one show I really liked not getting renewed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

HOLY gently caress posted:

Official OFMD Twitter posting coy poo poo at us today about keeping secrets 👀

https://twitter.com/OurFlagHBOMax/status/1531766208424357888?s=20&t=9IpKH94-zxkySJ0IhRxmCA

edit: regular HBO Max Twitter and both instagrams also posted about keeping secrets with scenes from this show today as well! 👀👀

:pray: :pray: :pray:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1532044303538827264?s=20&t=dPied-jLERm1z1c8hrdHQw

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA🏴‍☠️ lmao I knew these fuckers were going to wait for Pride but I’m overjoyed anyway

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
fuuuuck yess

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/shaybeenerd/status/1532044793093623808

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeessss! This is the best TV news of this spring.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fantastic news. That makes me happier going into the final two episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWSgq72foJw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yessssss

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gangs all here!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's actually a surprise, I expected them to be split up for a while. Well, still can of course but think it won't be more than a bit now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I read it as a promo shot specifically for these purposes. I don't think this is season content. And I hope so, because I didn't find it funny.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I read it as a promo shot specifically for these purposes. I don't think this is season content.

Same. But I liked it anyway.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1533871578685005824

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess they really will suck blood and gently caress forever.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

drat, two seasons at once? :stare: that owns

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, when this show first came out I was so worried about it not being popular and ending after only one season.

Seems silly now. America loves horny vampires!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Seems silly now. America loves horny vampires!

:drac::hf::patriot:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/annevclark/status/1533881802640789508
A very WWDITS press conference.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's incredible, I can't tell if that is more a Colin Robinson issue or something caused by Laszlo.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Khanstant posted:

Sweet, it's coming back. Now if friggin Raised By Wolves gets renewed I can die not disappointed about one show I really liked not getting renewed.

Oh my goodness. Bad news.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know, now I can never die, never see raised by wolves s3, never suck blood or gently caress forever :/

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Met Harvey Guillén at a con a couple weeks ago and let me tell you, he is a beautiful man and was very nice. I hope he kills me one day.

I also bought a Jackie Daytona, Human Bartender shirt while I was there.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Raised by Wolves has the classic 2020 sci fi show problem that the cast and crew are very, very good and the script is very, very bad.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

source pls?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Here you go!
https://twitter.com/MANforSAAAALE/status/1507625178661998593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

:lmao: at Lucius frantically sketching it