Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Epic High Five posted:

He wriggled his way out of this one as well I take it?

Not sure if that is a question or a statement.

Either way, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Private Speech posted:

Not sure if that is a question or a statement.

Either way, yes.

VONC time UK coincided almost exactly with the busiest time of my day so I genuinely had no idea beyond my assumptions, glad to see that my Marxist-Leninst-Depressionist training has led to be the correct path yet again

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Just remember to keep calm and don't vote labour.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Weird, I get very different results when I search for Boris Johnson Violin

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
'Smirking Starmers Coalition of Chaos' lol. Clearly courting Heil readers is working out well for him.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
well im sure he's learned his lesson

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Wounded Johnson in peril

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Johnson will CRUSH THE SABOTEURS!!!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Still, this will be bound to have given old Kieth a boost!!!!

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1533845696176177153

Ah! Well, nevertheless

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
tbf that's from the 5th, need to wait a few days for Wounded Johnson, CON +5

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

WhatEvil posted:

They want tax cuts... for the rich. National insurance is regressive and the rises avoid having to increase taxes on the rich. The "windfall tax" isn't as straightforward as that - Sunak announced at the same time that companies investing in new fossil fuel production will receive a tax break of up to 90% of the windfall tax.

NI is regressive, sure, but employers need to pay it too, so a raise in NI is still a tax rise for the rich. It's not as big a rise on the rich as a rise in an actual progressive tax, but a rise is still a rise and lots of tories are ideologically opposed to any rise in tax when the alternative is to cut spending. And a windfall tax that's 90% offset by other tax breaks is still a windfall tax on a net 10% of the announced amount. They clearly didn't want to do the windfall tax in the first place, they spent weeks briefing on why it was a bad idea, so it's clear the windfall tax was a case of them facing some outside pressure they felt they had to bow to, and then searching for a way to work around that pressure in the form of the offset.

The backbenchers are going to be able to push back against that sort of thing harder now. They don't want fig-leaf taxes and rises in national insurance, they want tax cuts and for spending to be slashed, much harder and much faster than the present government cares to do. We should expect to see more cuts in both tax and spending over the next few years as a result of this, and if the government does try raising taxes for any reason, expect a rebellion.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
strong and stable government with david cameron sure worked out well

Oct 4, 2005

I'm out of the loop, what does "Nevertheless" mean in this context?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Which got snowcloned to Johnson, where it still applies.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mebh posted:

Jesus loving christ. What a thing to see before bed.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

1965917 posted:

I'm out of the loop, what does "Nevertheless" mean in this context?

That "decorum" and "reading the room" and "manners" and "doing the expected thing" and "polls" and other things that together with some chewing gum and bits of string is the equivalent of a UK constitution doesn't really hold up when you're dealing with a narcissistic loaf who's only in it to be #1 as long as physically possible.

Or as it was put before: when the men in grey suits hand Boris the symbolic glass of whiskey and a loaded gun, Boris will down the drink and shoot the messenger.

Any other leader would step aside when more than half the population openly hate you and your own party is actively trying to get rid of you. But Boris will go "nevertheless" no matter how much the world burns around him.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's all Jemrebly Clobrin's fault for setting the precedent of not stepping down upon being knifed repeatedly in the back by his own MPs. Horseshoe theory innit

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
long loving live boris as PM if keith party is the alternative imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i just cannot give a gently caress anymore

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
at least with boris government, you get a bit of cash after it comes out that he had a party and there's a photo of his fat arse pressed up against the glass of a downing street window or w/e

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Having a big lel watching UKMT's best friend (Alastair Campbell) doing a meltdown and essentially trying to grass Boris to the Polis

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1534078114892062721?s=20&t=GLVI3F4luDOB0g17OKubiA

I mean, he's probably correct - after all whomst among us hasn't dived into a bag of coke or two to decompress after a stressful vonc

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

crispix posted:

i just cannot give a gently caress anymore
welcome to the fold brother

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
This just in:
https://twitter.com/MMargolyes/status/1533929305335545857

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well uh of course no I hadn't taken any narcotics ahead of the um interview because a narcotic is eh formally a sleep inducing drug and therefore by the um definition of the uh pharmacopoea... (CON +5)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My reading comprehension is terrible so I always thought she was called Miriam Margoyles (like gargoyles).

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤
Who here is hyped for smirking starmer's coalition of chaos

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Sounds like a great support band tbf

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just incredible stuff…

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1534129493845196801

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Blockbuster well-known for thriving in the age of Netflix.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In the sense that netflix is going to kill the NHS like it killed blockbuster, I assume.

E: ^:argh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It'll cost you 10.99 a month and sell all your data, but you'll get it free with some Virgin contracts.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

So mostly poo poo then.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/Cambslive/status/1533817990084444161

Can't show up for the jubilee, too busy getting pissed downt' local.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The number of beds occupied in hospitals has to keep going up and if they ever go down all the shareholders will pull out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The level of transphobia will remain essentially the same.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

The level of transphobia will remain essentially the same.

3.6 rontgen

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Ah yes, the netflix model. Famously doing well in 2022 with a market full of bloodthirsty competitors with huge budgets. Totally not like the healthcare market at all.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/ne...US%20operation.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 7, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

If we can devise a way to expose all TERFs to 3.6 Röntgen that would be great, not terrible

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
boris says crap like this and painting model buses to get people to change the subject lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

1. Drop the internal market.
2. Throw money at it.
3. Bring back The OA.