Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Musk would've been overpaying for twitter at market value on the day he closed the deal much less at the premium he locked himself into.

If the Twitter board doesn't pull every single lever they have to force him to buy at the offer as it stands they're criminally negligent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this is a major fuckup on his end. I can't wait till he "settles" on buying it at $50 a share or whatever and calls it a massive victory.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Bojo survived, but by a worse margin than Theresa May

I'm not sure whether I want a weakened BoJo to carry on until the general election, or whether I want him to share May's fate.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Torrannor posted:

I'm not sure whether I want a weakened BoJo to carry on until the general election, or whether I want him to share May's fate.

Weakened BoJo might take the tories with him, so you want the former.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Musk would've been overpaying for twitter at market value on the day he closed the deal much less at the premium he locked himself into.

If the Twitter board doesn't pull every single lever they have to force him to buy at the offer as it stands they're criminally negligent.

How negligent is the Tesla board being right now in not dumping this loser playing games with their company’s value?

Kind of a rhetorical question since I’m sure he has a nice golden parachute but geeze.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 7, 2022

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Tiny Timbs posted:

How negligent is the Tesla board being right now in not dumping this loser playing games with their company’s value?

Kind of a rhetorical question since I’m sure he has a nice golden parachute but geeze.

He’s still the controlling shareholder so… he controls the board.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

He’s still the controlling shareholder so… he controls the board.

According to Google he owns less than 17% of the shares. That might make him the largest individual shareholder but doesn't that still leave him vulnerable to group action?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Heh depends on what kind of shares he owns, voting rights and all that poo poo. Also a not insignificant portion of the value of the stock is tied into his genius mytho so if they dumped him it’d probably crater.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The reason the SEC and board haven’t dumped him is because he juices the stock price. Dumping him will cause the bubble to pop. Elon may pop the bubble himself, but dumping him causes it immediately.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk is load-bearing structural rot.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Why worry about the stock price when they've got a rich idiot who already signed the dotted line to buy all of it at 20% over market

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

fknlo posted:

Isn’t the 1 billion bailout part of a mutual agreement on the buyout not going through? I don’t think he can just declare he’s not buying and then only have to pay up.

I have to imagine there are a shitload of lawsuits headed his way if he does find a way to back out too.

I’m sure he’ll easily wriggle himself out of this jam but this seems like one where he might have really hosed up.

Not only that, he waived his due diligence, so even if he had found issues like bots (which he already declared combating bots was part of why he wanted to purchase twitter to fix it).

No matter the lawyer he's gonna have a hard time in court proving that he doesn't owe the $1 billion.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk just has to get another jury foreman who owns two Tesla motorcars, and also convince Twitter to hire Lin Wood.

Simple as.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/andrewrsorkin/status/1533810455315156996

Dammit. Stop making Biden look good by suggesting bad things you want him to do that he has not.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:stare:

https://twitter.com/TrueCrazyFrog/status/1533938036949630981

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

*smoke pouring from the simulator*

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Crazy 🐸 Twitter > Elon Musk

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

Dammit. Stop making Biden look good by suggesting bad things you want him to do that he has not.

A semi-rare case of Biden's political instincts being right for once. Elon and Tesla are incredibly anti-Union, Biden's entire core being is pro-union, and Tesla's market advantage is being rapidly eroded as poo poo like the Ford F-150 Lightning comes online when the CYBERTRUCK is just a dumb, heavy, idiotic thing for the techbros.

Incidentally, Biden's ear to the unions is probably why all of the dumbass trump-era tariffs are still in place or only being dismantled in small batches:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1533968374736330753

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Idiot defrauds VA of over a million, pleads guilty.

Good poo poo. Not sure if it's been posted or not cause I was too lazy to search back to March's thread. Used to date this one, dodged a bullet apparently.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's a new Ever Given stuck tanker story that's currently grabbed the attention of twitter:

https://twitter.com/whatchidid/status/1533864421226860547

quote:

Things I've tried so far and no dice:
-warm soapy water
-hot water on outer bowl, cold water + ice on inner bowl
-oil on edges
-microwave
-aggressive shaking
-WD-40
Will try next:
-hair dryer
-freezer then running hot water
Update: Bowls are currently in the freezer and thanks to the replies, I will not be running hot water on them!
Still no dice:
- Freezer, then cold water
- Freezer, then rubber mallet
- Passive-aggressive comments to either/both bowls
- Tap lightly onto the table
Still very stuck:
- Cards, toothpicks, and straws not getting through to break the seal
- Water submergence
Up next:
- Long game of gravity
- Dishwasher
Update: Still stuck
- upside down, twisting inner bowl, tapping outer bowl
- upside down, submerged under water, tapping outer bowl with mallet
- hot out of the dishwasher
- googled autoclave
In the last 10 hours:
- upside down, soap around the edges, overnight submergence
- made self-deprecating joke about the sunk cost fallacy (not one chuckle)
- thread, paper, knife around the edges

Still stuck.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

There's a new Ever Given stuck tanker story that's currently grabbed the attention of twitter:

https://twitter.com/whatchidid/status/1533864421226860547

Has anyone suggested upside down in a bell jar with a vacuum pump?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I wonder if there's a vacuum between the bowls. If they were put together under high temperature like in a dishwasher and then cooled and it's an airtight seal then it may have a vacuum.

I also wonder if a suction cup could find purchase on the inner bowl, because that'd give them the ability to at least brute force it.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Or maybe ultrasound or other micro-vibration machine could brake the vacuum seal?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The thing that sucks is that if you heat it up you're decreasing the power of the vacuum in the space between the bowls, but you're going to cause the ceramic to very slightly expand so that it will continue to just be stuck.

If you cool it down you may be causing them to slightly shrink, but if there's a vacuum it will increase in power and also cause the bowls to stay just as flush as the temperature drops.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Set the big bowl in boiling water and drop ice into the small bowl.

Alternatively, break whichever is cheaper to replace.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Have a cool bowl with a cool story/puzzle for guests(until one of them breaks it)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So is anything going to come out of the Primetime televised hearings at the January 6th committee or is it going to be another nothingburger which accomplishes nothing of consequence?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CBJSprague24 posted:

So is anything going to come out of the Primetime televised hearings at the January 6th committee or is it going to be another nothingburger which accomplishes nothing of consequence?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 28, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I think it's tight the traitors in Congress just get to keep doing sedition and not face consequences for treason and look forward to how the GOP will definitely NOT attempt to have their political enemies in Congress executed for treason in the coming years

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Commoners posted:

The thing that sucks is that if you heat it up you're decreasing the power of the vacuum in the space between the bowls, but you're going to cause the ceramic to very slightly expand so that it will continue to just be stuck.

If their bowls have identical coefficients of expansion, they won’t stick together any more than they are now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

maffew buildings posted:

...and look forward to how the GOP will definitely NOT attempt to have their political enemies in Congress executed for treason in the coming years

Why would they do that when it's becoming increasingly apparent that a not-insignificant number of said political enemies are perfectly happy being the :nallears: "opposition?" Even the Russian Duma has ~some~ :airquote: dissenting voices :airquote:.

Manchin and Sinema are already casting themselves as the benchmarks.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 7, 2022

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, modern fascism has evolved like a virus. The loonies and whack jobs call for murdering all political opposition, but the people at the top are usually more concerned about class solidarity and personal wealth/power than enacting murderous fantasies. That violence tends to gets limited to the lower classes with street level violence and oppression and is egged on by the divisive, nationalist rhetoric as a means of control.

The political class (granted, with specific exceptions) doesn't want violence against their class to be normalized. They just want their opponents to end up side lined in to a managed opposition fig leaf with a legal system that makes it impossible to obtain power in any meaningful ways, and use the above rhetoric as camouflage.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the political class doesnt have a choice in the matter since they unleashed the crazies and have no way of ever reeling them back in without potentially sacrificing their own political career. this is before we even begin to address all the absolute loving lunatics in state and local government egging this poo poo on, particularly sheriffs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Like the political class doesn't celebrate mass shootings as a way to galvanize voters and drive up stock lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The political class is like a ceramic bowl stuck inside another ceramic bowl...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The political class is like a ceramic bowl stuck inside another ceramic bowl...

Could easily be fixed by cramming them all into a vacuum chamber and then evacuating all the atmo?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CainFortea posted:

Could easily be fixed by cramming them all into a vacuum chamber and then evacuating all the atmo?

Yes, but this being america, more likely we would just vote to buy new bowls and use the old ones as target practice.

We just need to hate the bowls enough to straight up replace them, so we can enjoy the catharsis of breaking our old bowls.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

That second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon posted:

It’s real, and that sort of talent is why I believe that Eric Adams is winning America’s Worst Mayor.

BREAKING: Lightfoot makes a play

https://twitter.com/SharoneMitchJr/status/1534194324971442177