Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Is that the one where you imagine your father looking on in disappointment the whole time? Or is it more specific than that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4aLokf-t8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Has anyone ever seen Tony Buzbee and Ron DeSantis in the same room together?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i saw them on the same plane together but i wasn't on the plane. i saw into the window. it was a private jet that i saw into the very small window of and saw them both in there along with some other guys.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

were you also on a private plane and if so what model?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

I remember how much funnier that was, bleeped

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was on the road in a car and i looked up and saw them in the private jetplane.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GD_American posted:

I remember how much funnier that was, bleeped

Yeah, it was way funnier bleeped.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, it was way funnier bleeped.

I was thinking the same thing. Whatever you imagine behind the bleeps is filthier than whatever the writers could possibly come up with. I’ve found even with stiff like South Park, just bleeps of generic profanity sometimes play funnier than uncensored.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Accusation number 24 hit today. And with that

https://twitter.com/BlockchainDior/status/1533860021431373824

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Isn’t he then 9 away from the number of wins the Browns have had over their past six seasons?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

No way to find out

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"let them be caked"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So wait am I right to assume that means she.. stood there and waited for him to finish? Or can be shoot it across multiple rooms as she’s fleeing?

Stunned to think he was only 3 women (4?) away from this being settled forever. Those chicks are brave AF

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It says in the suit that she froze in terror; characterizing it as "standing there waiting for him to finish" is incorrect

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

So wait am I right to assume that means she.. stood there and waited for him to finish? Or can be shoot it across multiple rooms as she’s fleeing?

Stunned to think he was only 3 women (4?) away from this being settled forever. Those chicks are brave AF

The complaint said that he basically started jerking the moment she saw the erection, she stood up and backed away, he stood up, said "where do you want it" and ejaculated almost immediately, iirc. I'm not going to go read it again.

She also ran out of the room immediately to the bathroom to clean herself and cry. Watson did not talk to her again, and sent her $150 on cashapp. She went to her friends place immediately after for consolation, and quit being a massage therapist period because of Watson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is so incredibly creepy how much this is his thing.

Like, this specifically is what gets him off. It seems as though a normal fling doesn't work for him or he's just really recklessly stupid, since he's a pretty eligible attractive man who wouldn't have a problem finding one. Or paying for a consensual one if it came to that.

I guess I'm not saying anything new here, it just hit me again how over the top awful this is.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He gets off on the power it’s not mysterious, this is Law and Order SVU level psychoanalysis.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wasn't trying to psychoanalyze anything, just cringe away from it, but fair I guess. This did seem to be his his method of using power and he seems to have done it a whole lot though.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I don’t understand doing this probably 100 times and actually thinking you’re going through get away with it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's a rich and famous good at sports man in America. Looking around should give him enough confidence to expect to and he likely will

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don’t understand doing this probably 100 times and actually thinking you’re going through get away with it.

He just signed a fully guaranteed deal worth a quarter of a billion dollars *after* this poo poo had come out.

I'd say he had good reason to think he wouldn't have any repercussions from all of this.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He has $250m and Browns fans will be wearing his jersey and cheering as soon as he’s allowed to play again. He already got away with it the minute they declined to file criminal.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

I mean after time 15 or 20 you probably kinda start assuming?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fast cars loose anus posted:

It says in the suit that she froze in terror; characterizing it as "standing there waiting for him to finish" is incorrect

Jesus Christ. I managed to avoid a lot of the intimate details beyond "Dude's a predator and literally a classroom full of people say so." Seems like he gets off on the abuse portion which makes it even grosser for some reason

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why / how did he get out from the criminal charges?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

America

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ultimately the nature of his crimes are such that they'd have been trying to build a case on he said/she said and even with 24 shes vs 1 he that's hard to do. And/or the prosecution didn't really want to have to take it to trial and tanked the grand jury investigation.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

An important detail from this latest accusation is that the woman was in her own apartment. There wasn't anywhere to leave to without leaving an upset NFL player alone in her place of living.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He gets off on the power it’s not mysterious, this is Law and Order SVU level psychoanalysis.

It isn't "SVU psychoanalysis" to recognize the clear pattern for his MO described in every single one of these reports. He deliberately maneuvers to make the women uncomfortable, and he becomes more aggressive with trying to discomfit them if they show any resilience or resistance.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I posted this in the other thread but Watson is a serial rapist, there's no way that if he gets out of these lawsuits that he's just going to stop. The Browns are going to spend years covering up various crimes for the guy and they probably offered that as a part of trading for him.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

DA was scared to try a hard case and had a stack of PD repped cases they could do instead

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kellen Winslow got 14 years based primarily on victim testimony and a GPS that placed him in the vicinity.

I get it's hard but for the sake of the victims they should have at least tried. Also, Texas Grand Jury probably hates women.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it's pretty much literally he said/she said, with no actual evidence, in all of these cases. Unfortunately.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it's pretty much literally he said/she said, with no actual evidence, in all of these cases. Unfortunately.

Maybe splitting hairs here, but my lawyer girlfriend often reminds me that witness testimony is evidence. So it’s wrong to say “it’s just she said with no evidence.” Similar stories told by 24 women is, in fact, a shitload of evidence.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Racing Stripe posted:

Maybe splitting hairs here, but my lawyer girlfriend often reminds me that witness testimony is evidence. So it’s wrong to say “it’s just she said with no evidence.” Similar stories told by 24 women is, in fact, a shitload of evidence.

It's not splitting hairs; it's a very important point that a lot of people get wrong. Though, realistically, with 24 accusers, there are going to be inconsistencies across the depositions, trial testimony, etc., that Watson's lawyers will be able to seize on, so it cuts both ways.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
You need to prove the individual events though too. Just because all these women's accounts agree doesn't mean that you can prove women #12's specific assault happened. It absolutely was a cowardly move by the DA to likely tank the grand jury. It would've been a long, expensive and hard case to prosecute.

Usually I'd assume a DA should've been all over a serial predator like this case. Just add it to the long list of people in the courts/prison system that aren't actually interested in any kind of justice.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Racing Stripe posted:

Sure, that's fair. IANAL, so I'll retract my no evidence statement :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Florio is pulling poo poo out of his rear end again.

quote:

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio believes the Browns could void Deshaun Watson's contract if he's suspended for conduct related to the latest allegations against him.

Florio said Watson's contract with Cleveland -- which made him the highest paid player in NFL history -- "exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league" in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing. On Monday, a 24th lawsuit was filed against Watson for sexual assault, the second lawsuit against Watson in a week. Florio said "if Watson eventually is suspended for the conduct alleged in the 24th lawsuit, the Browns possibly will be able to void his guarantees and move on from him, and possibly to recover a significant portion of his signing bonus." Such a dramatic turn of events, Florio added, is hardly guaranteed. Such a move would allow the Browns to move on from Watson without him ever taking a snap for the team. The organization's public image has been tarnished whether or not Watson takes the field for the Browns. We could see the team make quick amends with Baker Mayfield if Watson is lost for the season -- or longer.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Sure, that's fair. IANAL, so I'll retract my no evidence statement :v:

I also am not a lawyer (IAANAL) but I talk to one every day, so it's just something that comes up with me a lot. I say "how did your client get convicted for that? There's no evidence!" and she points out that the victim and the cop saying that he did it is, in fact, evidence and often enough to get someone put away for a very long time.

When it's just one or two people and it sends someone to jail forever it loving sucks, but when it's 24 women and it isn't enough evidence to prevent someone from getting a quarter billion guaranteed I think it's a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Florio is pulling poo poo out of his rear end again.

Watson would have one of the easiest lawsuits ever if the Browns tried this.