Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yakuza 7 stinks
turn based combat sucks

I like turn based combat and I like Yakuza and I still agree with this. I want to beat people up!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Calidus posted:

Is Shantae and the Seven Sirens good? It has positive reviews on steam. I enjoyed a couple other games in the series. It’s on sale for $18 on US eshop.

If you like the others, sure. I do felt it was better than Half Genie Hero.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love reading a bunch of posts about the Yakuza series, which has multiple entries released on the Nintendo Switch, the main subject of this thread.

portable yakuze ftw

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I spent a little time with Diablo Immortal and it is making me mad that Blizzard is such a lovely company because I want D3 for the Switch.

All the used copies I can find around here are basically full price.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Commander Keene posted:

I haven't played more than an hour or so into Yakuza 7, but my only problem with the dub is that it only seems dialogue within cutscenes was dubbed? Like the dub's pretty high quality imo, aside from the fact that outside cutscenes it returns to Japanese VO, and that disconnect more than anything is what made me change it to JP voice.

NPC barks are the ones that tend to grate by being repeated over and over again, so I think they made the right call by not dubbing everything. They definitely got the right things. Like the aforementioned ending (one hell of an emotional performance) and "time to call... A FRIEND!"

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 7, 2022

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

I love reading a bunch of posts about the Yakuza series, which has multiple entries released on the Nintendo Switch, the main subject of this thread.

post about another game then

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sudden Javelin posted:

post about another game then

Well, I got back into Mario Maker, trying to clear out some really well-made worlds. I can't really do single levels anymore, as I generally get more invested if there's an over-arching goal.

My wife and I share our PC, and we both love No Man's Sky, so I can't wait to get it on Switch so we can actually play at the same time. Until then, I'm really hankering for something even mildly similar on Switch. Does anyone have any experience with Rebel Outlaw Galaxy? Is it good?

Other possible games, not NMS-related, that I'm thinking about getting are Hades and Disco Elysium.

Then again, I should probably just wait until after next week, seeing as though new stuff will likely be dropping, as well as being announced.

Here's hoping for 60fps Goldeneye. :f5:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Other possible games, not NMS-related, that I'm thinking about getting are Hades and Disco Elysium.

You haven't played either? They're fantastic. Hades took over my summer last hear, and I'm doing DE and sort of dreading it having it end. Like I know I can also just restart it, but this adventure has been fantastic, I'm probably not even half-way through.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/fanbytemedia/status/1534233949647491073

The key failure is that they didn't call it 3-4 Switch.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
You're right, Yakuza should be on switch wtf Sega. We get trash sonic games all the time so why not the best soap opera of all time

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You haven't played either? They're fantastic. Hades took over my summer last hear, and I'm doing DE and sort of dreading it having it end. Like I know I can also just restart it, but this adventure has been fantastic, I'm probably not even half-way through.

No, haven't played either. I'm probably going to get Hades, but definitely want DE, as well.

However, if NMS comes out before my birthday in 12 days, well... that's what I'll be getting.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

jackhunter64 posted:

Cow milking minigame at the ranch in BOTW 2

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

You're right, Yakuza should be on switch wtf Sega. We get trash sonic games all the time so why not the best soap opera of all time
Dragon Engine is notoriously taxing. I can’t imagine we’d get any on Switch without a lot of work from Sega to port them over which I don’t see them doing.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yakuza 7 stinks
turn based combat sucks

idk doom is a 30+ turn per second game and its fun

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

Idk what's worse, Nintendo thinking I'd pay $60 for 1-2 switch, a glorified $20 jack in the box esque game, or the fools who paid $60 for it willingly setting a precedent for these to continue to be $60

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Jackbox is actually good though

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

KingSlime posted:

And is potentially different from what the OP meant by "jack in the box".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
release 2-3 switch cowards

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Potato potato :eek:

But yeah they're not bad, but not $60

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Cleanup has still not quite begun in earnest, as we're discussing what the insurance company is willing to pay for as far as dumpsters and such. My family has been picking through stuff though, and found some more things. No Switch yet, but it does turn out I had a second SNES!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Idk what's worse, Nintendo thinking I'd pay $60 for 1-2 switch, a glorified $20 jack in the box esque game, or the fools who paid $60 for it willingly setting a precedent for these to continue to be $60

It was $50, FWIW.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Cleanup has still not quite begun in earnest, as we're discussing what the insurance company is willing to pay for as far as dumpsters and such. My family has been picking through stuff though, and found some more things. No Switch yet, but it does turn out I had a second SNES!

It seems like you had a total loss scenario. How is the insurance adjuster fighting any of this poo poo? It's not like you claimed your car was stolen, which so happened to have boxes and boxes of expensive poo poo in it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

jackhunter64 posted:

This is a repost from era discord lol.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

And is potentially different from what the OP meant by "jack in the box".

Jack in the box is pretty good too, as far as trash fast food goes anyways. I like their breakfast sandwiches

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Just reskin it into a Warioware game

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh hey, speaking of as a wario ware fan, should I buy the switch one at full price or wait for a sale/ used copy somewhere??

Where does it stack in terms of quality? Are we talking twisted/touched, or the less meaty GameCube one, maybe something in between?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KOTOR2 out tomorrow :pray:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Oh hey, speaking of as a wario ware fan, should I buy the switch one at full price or wait for a sale/ used copy somewhere??

Where does it stack in terms of quality? Are we talking twisted/touched, or the less meaty GameCube one, maybe something in between?

It's fine, but definitely wait for a sale, unless you have people to play with

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/aspyrmedia/status/1534203670681866243?s=21&t=7xDwDpCVOeHNvaMRHG02CA

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Have KOTOR 2 preloaded. I was gonna wait for a sale but I wanted to show support since they're adding some form of the restored content mod. That really kicks rear end and this will be my first time playing it since Xbox.

KingSlime posted:

I'd say it's closer to the GBA ones. It's no Gold but it's good. It does go on sale somewhat frequently so I'd wait.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Astro7x posted:

It seems like you had a total loss scenario. How is the insurance adjuster fighting any of this poo poo? It's not like you claimed your car was stolen, which so happened to have boxes and boxes of expensive poo poo in it
I assume corpos will fight anything that requires them to spend even a penny, even especially if said expense was the only reason for them to exist in the first place.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Isn't KOTOR2 like notoriously buggy and basically unfinished?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, and?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Large Testicles posted:

Isn't KOTOR2 like notoriously buggy and basically unfinished?

Doesn't the restored content stuff fix a lot of those issues?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Commander Keene posted:

I assume corpos will fight anything that requires them to spend even a penny, even especially if said expense was the only reason for them to exist in the first place.

the only reason for any business to exist is to make money for their shareholders specifically to the exclusion of everything else

Spacebump posted:

Doesn't the restored content stuff fix a lot of those issues?
ah, i didn't know they were adding that in too

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The restored content is DLC that is coming later down the line/.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Kotor 2 isn't even that good, dunno why people like it so much other than the "twist"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I thought the game was pretty sick back when I was 10

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Large Testicles posted:

the only reason for any business to exist is to make money for their shareholders specifically to the exclusion of everything else
Fine, the only reason for them to exist on paper.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

worms butthole guy posted:

Kotor 2 isn't even that good, dunno why people like it so much other than the "twist"

KOTOR2 had an interesting take on the franchise where it actively explored elements of the setting that usually were glossed over or ignored or by taking familiar archetypes and taking them in interesting directions. A lot of the characters are pretty explicit commentary either on movie or old-EU characters and it offered some of the more complex characters for the time with lots of details you might not even see.

A lot of that loses some of its impact because it so heavily influenced stuff that came after but even now a lot of poo poo attempts to badly copy elements of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

kotor 2 whips