Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Anti-Hero posted:

How the gently caress is Nagy employed? I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Mahomes.

For good or bad Reid always looks out for his ex coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I assume at this point in Mahomes career a QB coach is more a bonus than necessary

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

absolutely baffled what qb coaches do for elite superstar quarterbacks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

Pro golfers still have swing coaches.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

deflate their balls

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

R.D. Mangles posted:

They chisel out the chip on their shoulders to keep it nice and free of dirt so they never fill up.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Pro golfers still have swing coaches.

I don’t think QB coaches are constantly monitoring and tweaking mechanics, especially in season, especially for guys who have been in the league a decade.

QB coaches mostly seem to be there to help break down film, manage the QBs during practice, and *sometimes* contribute to play design. I’m sure they’re also watching for their guys making mistakes and correcting them but I don’t think that feedback loop is nearly as tight as it is for swing coaches and golfers.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 4, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

R.D. Mangles posted:

timing and footwork are still a thing

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

They chisel out the chip on their shoulders to keep it nice and free of dirt so they never fill up.

The chip is actually on the shoulder, not in it! Apparently back in the 1800s, if you wanted someone to fight you, you'd put a wood chip or flat stone or something like that on your shoulder and basically dare the other guy to knock it off. If he did, fight's on, and he's already in punching distance since he had to be to knock the thing off your shoulder.

It's another one of those cases of the idiom long outliving the practice that inspired it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1533261113462226945

uhh Mooney, bro, what the gently caress are you doing.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Look, I don’t care if it might cost me a ligament — if I have the chance to Moss four children, I’m doing it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
FInally, Mooney catches.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

Look, I don’t care if it might cost me a ligament — if I have the chance to Moss four children, I’m doing it

That wasn't even at full speed. If he lost a ligament on that, he was always losing it.

Still loled at the joke

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1533527802301104128?t=LJ6bFfHkVCjwKIZG63j98g&s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rodgers is in Green Bay this week for minicamp. First chance we'll get to see him throwing to Watson and Doubs and how they'll do.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Redeye Flight posted:

The chip is actually on the shoulder, not in it! Apparently back in the 1800s, if you wanted someone to fight you, you'd put a wood chip or flat stone or something like that on your shoulder and basically dare the other guy to knock it off. If he did, fight's on, and he's already in punching distance since he had to be to knock the thing off your shoulder.

It's another one of those cases of the idiom long outliving the practice that inspired it.

There's some old footage on Youtube of it actually happening back then too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANH9sI_B_g

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

tinstaach posted:

There's some old footage on Youtube of it actually happening back then too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANH9sI_B_g

Man, I'm disappointed that's not the old Robert Conrad commercial.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

This is the way

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The lions will never be good, I'm just happy they are entertaining.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/danwiederer/status/1534175974455185409?t=ICPkdCP2ZPNgSPyp_kNAsw&s=19

lol bears

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's a thing that coaches do from time to time. Just burning a later contact day to get an extra contact day earlier.

Harbs the John does it a fair amount I believe.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

It is great to see the Lions having fun after the Patricia years.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Rodgers is in Green Bay this week for minicamp. First chance we'll get to see him throwing to Watson and Doubs and how they'll do.

https://twitter.com/ZachHeilprin/status/1534252064695623680

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

This is some horseshit.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/6/8/23159124/detroit-lions-view-alim-mcneill-core-of-team

Articles like this, where the Lions coaching staff sees what a player does well and adjusts the scheme to take advantage of it does make it seem like the Lions could be good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hizawk posted:

This is some horseshit.

I think god is a banned word.

We were warned the libs wanted to ban god!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

I think god is a banned word.

We were warned the libs wanted to ban god!

‘Sup! It’s me, I’m the one who attacked and dethroned God. :cheers:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

According to an Outsports article from like 15 years ago, here are the 1,121 banned words on NFL jerseys.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I'm "TIT BIT NIPPLY".

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

According to an Outsports article from like 15 years ago, here are the 1,121 banned words on NFL jerseys.

NFL hates glazed donuts.

Just go with Sun Ra. People will think you're really into space jazz.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I'm "TIT BIT NIPPLY".

I'm GAY MUTHA FUCKIN QUEER

also lol GAY PRIDE is banned

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Given the various iterations on it in that article (e.g., "GOD DAMIT" and "GODDAMIT" are both listed) I think "SUNGOD" might not trip the filter.

Alternatively you could just order the letters separately and sew it on a blank jersey yourself. That might even turn out to be cheaper.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Extremely disappointed that my lifelong goal of owning a "FLOGGIN THE DOLPHIN" jersey will never come true.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Extremely disappointed that my lifelong goal of owning a "FLOGGIN THE DOLPHIN" jersey will never come true.

FLOG THE FIN is still valid.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Scipiotik posted:

Articles like this, where the Lions coaching staff sees what a player does well and adjusts the scheme to take advantage of it does make it seem like the Lions could be good.

Old school move. Most modern coaches want their "system" to be the real star of the team.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

the jokes write themselves

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1534567195333873664

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The people replying to that know what UNDRAFTED means, right?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

What's the joke?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hot Diggity! posted:

What's the joke?

He skipped the wasted Lions career and went right to retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3yOP0ZfL6M