Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
What ever happened to the Stan Edgar whose blood is like syrup and is due a coronary any day according to Homelander in S1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Turns out that wasn't a real medical school he went to

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bedshaped posted:

What ever happened to the Stan Edgar whose blood is like syrup and is due a coronary any day according to Homelander in S1.

I mean according to Homelander A-train is an enormous lardass, he just really hates chubbies

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Bedshaped posted:

Could be something they changed their mind on after, or a production thing, the Stillwell character from the comics has been spread out over Stan and Ashley. Maybe they decided they needed to use Giancarlo Esposito more.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 7, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

thunderspanks posted:

gently caress I love this goddamn show.

I also thought it was a neat subversion that they'd show a graphic dickhole representation and not Deep's wife's boobs during the sex scene.

This surprised me too. In fact compared to the comic I don't think they've shown boobs at all in the series.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

This surprised me too. In fact compared to the comic I don't think they've shown boobs at all in the series.

There's some when Doppelganger is banging the senator (just rewatched that one yesterday). I think that's it though.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Who was Stillwell’s baby’s father? Did they ever say? Maybe her kid is another natural born supe.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah using supes as personal sex toys seems like exactly the kind of poo poo Stillwell was into, we saw her do it to Homelander for all of S1, so I would buy that.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

thunderspanks posted:

gently caress I love this goddamn show.

I also thought it was a neat subversion that they'd show a graphic dickhole representation and not Deep's wife's boobs during the sex scene.

I wondered if it was a request by the actress, but you could be right that it was a deliberate subversion.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bedshaped posted:

Could be that's why he doesn't seem to give a huge gently caress if his plans don't work out perfectly.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah using supes as personal sex toys seems like exactly the kind of poo poo Stillwell was into, we saw her do it to Homelander for all of S1, so I would buy that.

That was more Stilwell trying to work Homelander's mommy issues for her benefit, even if that was just "maybe if I baby him a bit he won't laser my skull" since she knew how hosed in the head he is.

She lost when Homelander got her to admit that she was terrified of him, and with that she lost any value she had in Homelander's eyes.

I'm hoping that Teddy Stilwell will be HL's kid/clone, unless there was also a gap year between S1 and S2, that kid is way too big to be a 1 yo

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Bedshaped posted:

Giancarlo Esposito seems like he's lost a lot of weight over the last few years (he looked real fat when he first showed up on Better Call Saul)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Edgar had his circulatory system coated in zinc so Homelander can't see through it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Crimson Countess loves apes, which leads me to believe she'll meet some gory end getting her face chewed off by a compound V infused ape (who CAN in fact cry as a result of his new powers).

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Panfilo posted:

Crimson Countess loves apes, which leads me to believe she'll meet some gory end getting her face chewed off by a compound V infused ape (who CAN in fact cry as a result of his new powers).

Pogo's gonna gently caress her up

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

christmas boots posted:

Edgar had his circulatory system coated in zinc so Homelander can't see through it.

Maybe zinc is his superpower and Homelander's kryptonite.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Chamale posted:

I wondered if it was a request by the actress, but you could be right that it was a deliberate subversion.

Panfilo posted:

The show is quite good at producing the illusion of gratuitous imagery when reality what you are looking at is a constructed set or a prosthetic or cgi or just an awful lot of jam. The most explicit scene is the Termite one and I suspect for a single scene character they cast for someone who knew exactly what they were being asked to do. The vibe I'm getting is that it doesn't feel like this is the kind of show where the actors are being pushed to go further than they are comfortable with.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Are you implying that the extreme dickhole close-up was fake??

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Nuh-uh

“Even though it was very much sweetened by the effects, that is a practical penis,” Kripke said. “That is an 11-foot high, 20-foot long penis head that has a urethra, a tunnel in it, and built at great expense. We got Sony and Amazon to pay so much money to build this set. And it’s just another reason why I love my job.”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i forget, did we already talk about how they built a giant practical effect dick for Termite to go spelunking inside?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I thought it was all cgi!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What?

Holy cow.

Where's the behind the scenes on that?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Nuh-uh

“Even though it was very much sweetened by the effects, that is a practical penis,” Kripke said. “That is an 11-foot high, 20-foot long penis head that has a urethra, a tunnel in it, and built at great expense. We got Sony and Amazon to pay so much money to build this set. And it’s just another reason why I love my job.”

That feeling when you realize you'll never get to put "Erected 20 foot cock" on your resume :(

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Sab669 posted:

That feeling when you realize you'll never get to put "Erected 20 foot cock" on your resume :(

Speak for yourself

Ladies :wink:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There's a very proud set designer who now has a 20-foot-long fake penis on display in his house.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I assume most people on the set of a movie/tv show aren't paid well, especially for the area, so they might be living out of it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Chamale posted:

There's a very proud set designer who now has a 20-foot-long fake penis on display in his house.
It'll make for one helluva haunted house display this October lol

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Jeff Bezos personality requested the penis be built and now he is using it as his personal supervillain lair, like how the Joker loves to construct buildings that look like his face.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Bezos is building a giant body for his mind to be transferred into, and this will be its penis.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

MokBa posted:

Jeff Bezos personality requested the penis be built and now he is using it as his personal supervillain lair, like how the Joker loves to construct buildings that look like his face.

All new hires have to walk down it for their interview.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Boys Season 2: a 20 ft long penis head, built at great expense

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The pro move is to open a bar called the Anteater, put it at the front, and admit to nothing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ruddiger posted:

The Boys Season 2: a 20 ft long penis head, built at great expense

:hmmyes: season 2

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
yo when are we getting a thread title change? there are like a million good titles we could use

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
how about you call it "the boys season 3" with no wacky grey forum subtitle

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Probably because we're not a bunch of buzzkills

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
what if.,.. ngooohh my god... what if we called it... the boys season 3: this show is good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dongicus posted:

what if.,.. ngooohh my god... what if we called it... the boys season 3: this show is good

why don't you stick to costume design a-train

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Probably because we're not a bunch of buzzkills

this gives you a buzz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009