Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chocolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I love chocolate, especially making things like mousse and ice cream. It's a little upsetting that I'm lactose-intolerant, because I have an ice cream maker and I'm putting that bad boy to use so I can eat a couple spoonfuls, and give the rest away

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I ate american chocolate once and it tasted like sour milk and sugary vomit. Was I just really unlucky or is american chocolate uniquely terrible?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Tree Bucket posted:

I ate american chocolate once and it tasted like sour milk and sugary vomit. Was I just really unlucky or is american chocolate uniquely terrible?

I think it’s more what you’re used to and what percentage cacao you prefer tbh

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Tree Bucket posted:

They put a weird ingredient in it that literally tastes like vomit

Edit: butyric acid

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

It says chocolate in the title

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
No, some american chocolate genuinely tastes sour and gross, you really have to find a brand that vibes with you and stick to it. Idk if its that acid, or some process they use on the chocolate itself but some is fuckin g r o s s

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

tehinternet posted:

I think it’s more what you’re used to and what percentage cacao you prefer tbh

80% ftw

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Tree Bucket posted:

Hershey's uses a process that turns some of the milk fats into butyric acid, an acid found in butter and smells similar to vomit. Many other brands don't use that process, but since Hershey's is very popular, it's become synonymous with "American chocolate." Just don't buy Hershey's

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah just buy good quality chocolate. There’s plenty of it in America, just don’t buy Hershey’s, Nestle, basically anything that’s in a checkout lane. Also Cadbury’s is lovely here too.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol next do the one about how all bread in america is too sweet and tastes like cake

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

chocolate-covered blueberries are my weakness.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

meh

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I love chocolate nut butters but its really hard to find ones that are nut or even cocoa forward and not just sugar with hints of cocoa and whispers of nut (calling out Nutella)

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

My grandma loves chocolates and I get her the fanciest box on Amazon for her birthday, Christmas, and Mother's Day. She is the easiest relative to gift for, and for this reason alone chocolate is one of my favorite foods.

Taste-wise I could take it or leave it.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
I'm not much for sweets, but chocolate covered almonds are like loving crack to me

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
My wife is actually allergic to chocolate, so that loving sucks.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Dark chocolate and / or sea salt, fight me.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

neato burrito posted:

Dark chocolate and / or sea salt, fight me.

Why? Its the correct opinion.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

I drink black coffee and anything over 60ish% cacao is miserable

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I think I'm super mildly allergic to the fake American chocolate (like Kit Kats or whatever).

Sometimes when I eat it my throat swells up a bit and my eyes water but it's so rare and so mild I don't care. Never happens with real chocolate.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
man I was fiending for some pirouettes yesterday

saw them while I was waiting at the fedex drop-off counter at walgreens and was like hnnnnnnngggghh.....

decided not to indulge. didn't want to reward walgreens' treacherous item placement

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

My wife is actually allergic to chocolate, so that loving sucks.

Did I date your wife? That’s a pretty rare allergy I think.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
My coworkers husband took a new job and he's traveling to Finland for training. He ate some chocolate from there, he said he'd save some for her but joked she wouldn't be able to taste it due to covid and proceeded to eat all the chocolate over FaceTime.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Cubone posted:

man I was fiending for some pirouettes yesterday

saw them while I was waiting at the fedex drop-off counter at walgreens and was like hnnnnnnngggghh.....

decided not to indulge. didn't want to reward walgreens' treacherous item placement

The hazelnut ones are great, but the real bonus here is the tins are basically just those 'sewing supply cookie tins but tall, I have one I stuff all my edibles in, but i've used them for all sorts of stuff, very handy.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

When I was in elementary school in Germany I got to go on a field trip to a Rittersport chocolate factory and it was everything little kids dream of. They gave us so much free chocolate and then they turned us loose on the shop so we could spend all the marks our parents gave us.

Rittersport Knusperflakes is still one of my favorite chocolate bars.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

When I was in elementary school in Germany I got to go on a field trip to a Rittersport chocolate factory and it was everything little kids dream of. They gave us so much free chocolate and then they turned us loose on the shop so we could spend all the marks our parents gave us.

Rittersport Knusperflakes is still one of my favorite chocolate bars.

replace 'chocolate' with 'cheese' and same

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bismuth posted:

replace 'chocolate' with 'cheese'

Now my brownies are all hosed up :mad:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

When I was in elementary school in Germany I got to go on a field trip to a Rittersport chocolate factory and it was everything little kids dream of. They gave us so much free chocolate and then they turned us loose on the shop

and then you fell in the chocolate river

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Craved Reese's Pieces hard as hell, got this little box of them mixed with Buncha Crunch. I'm in the zone right now.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I was at an airport looking for a snack and the cashier told me about how they changed the recipe for Reese's Pieces and that the taste had changed drastically for the worse. I think she was onto something

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just ate two (2) dark chocolate kisses

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i just ate a trader joes brand dark chocolate reese's peanut butter mini cup it was delicious

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Cubone posted:

and then you fell in the chocolate river

that was traumatic, you jerk. That was a traumatic experience.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The Bloop posted:

Now my brownies are all hosed up :mad:

Yeah but your cheesy bread is going great

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Reese’s Pieces aren’t chocolate

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Reese’s Pieces aren’t chocolate

It has a chocolate shell :colbert: Regular reeses is made into a chocolate cup. Plus I had the Buncha crunch, which still satisfies the condition of chocolate

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Mum says chocolate isn't good for dogs.

E: Dammit I had a little thing that showed how many posts there are on the page in the address bar and now I can't get it back.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

JetSetGo posted:

It has a chocolate shell :colbert: Regular reeses is made into a chocolate cup. Plus I had the Buncha crunch, which still satisfies the condition of chocolate

No it doesn’t. It’s a candy shell over peanut butter.