Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

snotball007 posted:

And I'm still laughing at the smoothbrains in this forum thinking that they know anything about crypto. Especially the goof that hit me up with the "I work for the NSA and you text a lot", like he was 12.

Who is seraph? I avoided GBS like the plague back in the day, still appears to be cancer.

Please, tell me about bitcoin. Is it like a tiny hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait I’m confused I thought this was a bit

Long story short, this guy was/is special enough to link the forums in his stuff. https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/

I only came back here today because of another sub, just wanted to check on some old friends but still trying to find the link for the chat room (about 4 years ago is the last time I used it, might be gone now).

Guess I owe him a thanks for reminding me about these forums existing.

Keep on being the best normie.

Booyah- posted:

lol for sure

what are you buying at gamestop this christmas?

Probably a game for the Nintendo Switch. Love that little sucker.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It literally does not matter if any of us know anything about crypto, you haven't demonstrated at all why Flexa is equal to or better than a normal credit or debit card despite your walls of text

Yeah, I have. Faster, more secure, less fees for merchants, rewards on the back end for stakers (again, merchant fee >1% and entirely goes to the stakers), and solves the most fundamental problems of digital cash. But keep saying "BUT THEY DON'T PROTECT ME, I CAN'T CHARGEBACK!" like everyone else who has never had to do a chargeback.

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, I used to work for the DOD and have friends who work for the NSA. Seraph most certainly is a 'person of interest', as are a lot of coiners. This shouldn't really be a surprise, TBH.

Go type into your google machine "MIT 1996 Cryptocurrency". Pulls up a nice document that the NSA put out. Or just look around the CSAIL directory.

Basically the people who are actually intelligent have been working on solving the "payments problem" for 25 years now. Also look at the team of the MIT's Digital Currency Initiative or just type "MIT DCI Boston Federal Reserve".

kw0134 posted:

Knowing the same stale talking points to shill a shitcoin isn't the same as knowing crypto, hth

Oh, and I'm guessing you have a vast wealth of knowledge on crypto. Please, enlighten me wise one. :allears:

snotball007 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 7, 2022

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Gutcruncher posted:

Wasn’t the first legal business to accept bitcoins a burrito place? Is time repeating itself?

not sure if it was the very first but Meze Grill accepted them back in the old bruce days

that was back when the price of btc was a pretty stable 2-4 dollars and aside from that first bubble (to $31) generally didn't move a whole lot - btc getting hijacked by capitalist vultures made the price too unstable and they had to stop taking it, pretty ironic

snotball007 posted:

Who is seraph? I avoided GBS like the plague back in the day, still appears to be cancer.

someone who got permabanned from SA for having bad opinions on the age of consent and has come back to argue in star citizen / bitcoin / c-spam threads uselessly many times

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 7, 2022

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

none of us are inviting you to vomit this bullshit back up onto our screens. you are a shill and not a very good one. read the loving room.

e: how are you this obtuse? just so we are crystal clear, you are a boor; dull, blunt, tactless and completely devoid of the tiniest sliver of self awareness.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 7, 2022

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Ad by Khad posted:

someone who got permabanned from SA for having bad opinions on the age of consent and has come back to argue in star citizen / bitcoin / c-spam threads uselessly many times

goons_txt needs to have that as a tweet one day. Thank you for answering.

none of us are inviting you to vomit this bullshit back up onto our screens. you are a shill and not a very good one. read the loving room.

e: how are you this obtuse?

Don't worry, I'm leaving before you sick your magical NSA friends on me but mainly because my question was just answered by a much more useful human being than yourself

Here's a little hint. People that have secret squirrel jobs don't brag about it on the internet to strangers.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

snotball007 posted:

goons_txt needs to have that as a tweet one day. Thank you for answering.

Don't worry, I'm leaving before you sick your magical NSA friends on me but mainly because my question was just answered by a much more useful human being than yourself

Here's a little hint. People that have secret squirrel jobs don't brag about it on the internet to strangers.

lol, you are a very, very silly man and a terrible salesman. It doesn't take much to rattle you at all. That's probably something you should take a look at. The moment you lose your cool, you lose the upper hand.

Did you seriously not know that the NSA has been gathering data on Americans since 9/11? If it makes you feel better, you are just a drop in a very large bucket.

e:buttcoin

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 7, 2022

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

In the SA buttcoin thread having the time of my life posting with my fellow goons about how to buy burritos and donuts with butts. They're all just out of frame, laughing too.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lol at thinking 'using an inefficient database' makes you a killer app.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

In the SA buttcoin thread having the time of my life posting with my fellow goons about how to buy burritos and donuts with butts. They're all just out of frame, laughing too.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i thought you were supposed to just HODL bitcoin as a store of value. why would you waste precious bits on burritos at all ???

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

snotball007 posted:

Faster, more secure

It's neither of these things, you loving moron. And lmao if you think they wouldn't jack up the merchant fees if this ever achieved widespread adoption.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
pfeh like this guy has even read the Chipotle white paper

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

snotball007 posted:

mainly because my question was just answered by a much more useful human being than yourself

hey guys is this what they call 'projecting your feelings onto others'? it's really, really, really hard to tell.

butt

coin

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Don't feed the coiners.

Instead look at this nonsense
https://www.offline.cash

Someone is recreating the Ron Paul printed bitcoins

The best part is that to use their "No accounts, no custodians, just censorship resistant money everyone can use." their servers have to be up.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

snotball007 posted:

Yeah, I have. Faster ...

Don't care to talk about the other stuff but I don't see how opening an app and navigating to generate a gift card and then scanning it is faster than just tapping my phone. Or in the worst case, putting my card in a machine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So let me get this straight, the fees are wired to stakers, who then produce trangs and blits and claim raffle prizes, and one of the prizes is a calculator, and then you enter the total number of trangs and blits, and that opens the secret door to bitcoin? I think I'm getting it now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I just can't believe someone is in here stanning for bitcoin. Like dude is literally trying to scam us. It's loving hilarious.

Go back to failed coin discords you stupid scammer. Those are the only marks you'll ever scoop up anyway.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Scratch Monkey posted:

also I'm embarrassingly wrong: it was Jimmy Doolittle flying a B-25 Mitchell, named after the aforementioned Billy Mitchell, who lead the raid on Tokyo in 1942. However, Mitchell did see the future of naval aviation. I'm not sure what either man's high score in Donkey Kong was, though

Billy mitchels DK score was fake, so maybe a perfect analogy :shrug:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just can't believe someone is in here stanning for bitcoin. Like dude is literally trying to scam us. It's loving hilarious.

Go back to failed coin discords you stupid scammer.

It's not a scam, it's the next generation of WEB the World Wide Web 3.0 which will make it so all your favorite video game characters can play together in the same video game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

It's not a scam, it's the next generation of WEB the World Wide Web 3.0 which will make it so all your favorite video game characters can play together in the same video game.

GameMasterAnthonyCoin

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I mean, it's a decent scam. You're backing gift card payments with some money (which you require customers to supply, and don't allow them to extract) and then you try to convince merchants to receive payment in your proprietary coin, which they must redeem through you and only you. You can talk about lower transaction fees and such, probably incentivizing that with further discounts in early days.

As with all crypto, you either need to duplicate everything the established methods have (verification, charge backs, security) or fall prey to the same problems the established methods have already fixed.

It's still set up for a great rug pull, at minimum, so not a bad exit strategy when things go sideways for them.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

sounds like the FYRE festival of coding, I trust it implicitly, and really want to dump all my wife's money into it. gamers exist and will spend money on anything, and I'm totally gonna get rich off speculating microtransactions!

what I'm saying is: SIGN ME UP

e:
Is there like a form for bitcoin or do I need to just scream really loudly outside?

followup question:
when will the bitcoin take effect? Like will I feel it immediately?

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Hi guys I found 10 obsidion rocks in the Donkey Kong Country mine cart level, looking for someone who can transform them into an Enchanted Mitten Of Wool (a huge upgrade over the Mithril Jockstrap I've been wearing for weeks). Can't wait to finally destroy my best friend on Mario Circuit 1.

Serious replies only please!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
if i wanted to get tech douchebros to give me money for a bunch of made up bullshit, i'd just bust out my tarot deck

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

but, but, but, they've been working on Flexa for FOUR YERES so this time its going to be totally different. pinkie promise, i swear!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

lol, I used to work for the DOD and have friends who work for the NSA. Seraph most certainly is a 'person of interest', as are a lot of coiners. This shouldn't really be a surprise, TBH.

How do I become an NSA person of interest? I want to waste some government resources having them track my boring rear end.

Do I need to say I am going to assassinate the president of a country? Because I can do that. Pick a country and I'll say I'll assassinate their head of state... in Team Fortress *wink* *wink*.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I found a bunch of bitcoin in my cereal box today...I just threw that poo poo away LOL

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

It's actually called "eubocoinophilia."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Random Stranger posted:

How do I become an NSA person of interest? I want to waste some government resources having them track my boring rear end.

Do I need to say I am going to assassinate the president of a country? Because I can do that. Pick a country and I'll say I'll assassinate their head of state... in Team Fortress *wink* *wink*.

Careful they might just recruit you

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out

Random Stranger posted:

If you assassinate a level 128 Orange Wizard of Petulance there is a 5% chance of him dropping an Immaculate Orb Of Brilliance, of which there are currently only 4 in existence.

edit: keeping nsa off my back!

JammyB fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 8, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
if you've ever bought Naked Lunch or The Satanic Verses you're on a list :tinfoil:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

e: lol, the quickest way is to give the CIA, FBI or NSA a call and ask them the exact same question you asked me, verbatim. They'll ask for your name, number and address and then add you to a list.

lol, i'm retired, but pretty much everyone in the US/Canada/UK/Australia/New Zealand are being tracked in some capacity; there's certainly more than enough data storage for that. Each country even monitors THEIR neighbor and then shares the data so that YOUR country can say with a straight face "no we are not doing this thing to OUR citizens."

I know you are joking, but you DO NOT want to become, I think the actual term is, 'associated'.

lol, there's a special term for coiners at the NSA but it's extremely rude.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 8, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Buttcoiners

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Gotta get the banks out of the picture

quote:

The network includes various exchanges and financial institutions to provide compliant settlement across multiple jurisdictions.

Oh

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Fiat? More like
Fix It Again Tonycoin

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

snotball007 posted:

And I'm still laughing at the smoothbrains in this forum thinking that they know anything about crypto. Especially the goof that hit me up with the "I work for the NSA and you text a lot", like he was 12.

Haha goddamn man, just let it go. You hosed up!

Edit: Go check out the YOSPOS Bitcoin thread, I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome with the revolutionary gas station gift card.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

pippy posted:

Can someone explain what exactly he's proposing here?
https://twitter.com/JasonPLowery/status/1533925550598889478/photo/1

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1534313789037985792

yes, yessss

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bitcoin bros are so loving funny...

...that I forgot to laugh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

lol, the next big thing will be storing emotions on the blockchain.