Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
"Fluff-based hierarchy" was not something I expected to show up in those sidequests.

Edit: Awful page topper. Have this in addition:
https://twitter.com/VoxerElafielXIV/status/1534146121878147072?t=LUvfiNMAk_EUvzBhpnqiug&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The matanga in the Steppe are also potential hunt marks for level 2 and 3 Stormblood Centurio hunts.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
This is sweet. Though, imagining the amount of work that went into timing and placing the various abilities with the splitting of the watermelon makes my head hurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwymBnFHn0

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I like the healer lbs putting it back together :kimchi:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Patch 6.15 is certainly a strong one. It has given me feelings, and some of the hardest laughs I've had in a while.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Ibblebibble posted:

Ok, holy poo poo, the new Hildy quests are some of the best content in the game. Got me literally laughing out loud.

it was very funny but i was super distracted by the bug causing vonard's name to be replaced with the theyler's name throughout the cutscenes

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Alpha + Omega quests were very cute, feels weird to have essentially a capstone to Endwalker this early though we've never had a story conclude in a .0 either

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is the music playing at the new beast tribe hub a remix of something? I swear it sounds familiar.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Reminder about calling them “beast tribes”:

quote:

* Starting with Patch 6.2, "beast tribe quests" in-game will be officially renamed to "tribal quests."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

Is the music playing at the new beast tribe hub a remix of something? I swear it sounds familiar.

It might be a remix of the Vanaspati theme? Just a guess, I didn't actually check. Either way it slaps

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I really liked the required quests to unlock the new beast tribe, they were really sweet!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I've only just completed the first Hildibrand quest, and I'm already very entertained. This is going to be fantastic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Onean posted:

This is sweet. Though, imagining the amount of work that went into timing and placing the various abilities with the splitting of the watermelon makes my head hurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwymBnFHn0

I think my favorite was the RDM LB3 glyph rolling over the melon.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
mine was def the bard playing violin and bumping it at the end

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

it's just a pumped up remix of the Thavnair day theme, but there's also some new music in it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Samurai one was cliche but perfectly and satisfyingly executed.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Kind of a random thing, but I finally realized which ninja skill was making the weird sound and WHY does Phantom Kamaitachi make a "bowling ball getting a strike" sound?? I mean its hilarious and it means i'll never forget to hit that button but it seems kind of weird for NIN. Granted, Ninjas shoot lighting, summon frogs, and make everything explode so I guess by that metric it fits

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

4 more days of moogle dailies until I'm done with them and I got to say...replace all moogles with namazu.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Need to be careful with day 1 jokes. I asked how to get blue sparks on the hippo and people started trying to helpfully troubleshoot.

Edit: this camp music is definitely Thavnarian soundtrack remixed into a Mario Kart track. With a bit of chocobo on the trumpet if my ears don't deceive me.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 7, 2022

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

4 more days of moogle dailies until I'm done with them and I got to say...replace all moogles with namazu.

It would certainly improve this sticker set. Beat it moogles

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://i.imgur.com/Jq4PTeN.mp4

I got this thing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its a good thing

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Huh, add "fly around on a giant inflatable car dealership balloon" to my FFXIV bucket list.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I hardly ever see it in the wild. I really love it and I'll never have the patience to get it. Major congrats!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its honestly not that hard to save up for. you can get like 200k mgp per week with very little time or effort.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Reminder about calling them “beast tribes”:

That's only starting with 6.2 though, we're still safe :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah even if you literally just do fashion report every week you'll get it eventually for almost 0 effort. I have every MGP mount except Fenrir at this point cause I think it looks ugly so I keep spending my money on other things. I'll get it someday.

So I just had one of the strangest interactions I've ever had in this game. I've finally started levelling Sage and was in Dohn Mheg. We went to the first pull and I immediately got all the aggro and died despite standing right next to the tank. The Black mage and I both asked him if he'd been using AOE because we both had pulled aggro. His response was "I guess I have to spam it" to which I replied "...yes? Always." I figured ok well hopefully it'll go fine from there. However it did not and we subsequently died in the next pull because he didn't use cooldowns and I couldn't keep him alive. At this point I just took the leaver's penalty and bounced. I am not very comfortable with Sage yet but even if I was I don't know how I could've salvaged that run. It's so baffling to me though, how could someone possibly have leveled a tank to 73 and not have the most basic idea of how to play the job?? It can't even be a skip since that goes to 80 now.

Edit: actually now that I think of it though I didn't check his actual level, so he could've been synced down. Maybe it was a skip after all. I dunno. Weird stuff.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I hardly ever see it in the wild. I really love it and I'll never have the patience to get it. Major congrats!
It has the same problems a lot of the huge mounts do where it takes up a lot of the screen, zooms the camera way out, and makes it hard to see exactly where you are. It's just really tall rather than long or wide like the whale or chocobo carriage.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The Matanga are also part of one of the cooler FATE chains, the Dataqi Chronicles.

This is a 13 FATE long chain that has you following one of the wandering Au Ra tribes throughout the Steppes which culminates in a big battle against the Matanga. It's pretty cool and I recommend doing it if you have the time to do so. You also get a neat housing item out of it.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah even if you literally just do fashion report every week you'll get it eventually for almost 0 effort. I have every MGP mount except Fenrir at this point cause I think it looks ugly so I keep spending my money on other things. I'll get it someday.

So I just had one of the strangest interactions I've ever had in this game. I've finally started levelling Sage and was in Dohn Mheg. We went to the first pull and I immediately got all the aggro and died despite standing right next to the tank. The Black mage and I both asked him if he'd been using AOE because we both had pulled aggro. His response was "I guess I have to spam it" to which I replied "...yes? Always." I figured ok well hopefully it'll go fine from there. However it did not and we subsequently died in the next pull because he didn't use cooldowns and I couldn't keep him alive. At this point I just took the leaver's penalty and bounced. I am not very comfortable with Sage yet but even if I was I don't know how I could've salvaged that run. It's so baffling to me though, how could someone possibly have leveled a tank to 73 and not have the most basic idea of how to play the job?? It can't even be a skip since that goes to 80 now.

Edit: actually now that I think of it though I didn't check his actual level, so he could've been synced down. Maybe it was a skip after all. I dunno. Weird stuff.

If they were synced it'd be 74 in Dohn Mheg.

Though I have a couple friends with a whole slew of classes at 70 because they bought the boosts on sale before Endwalker released.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
This is easily the best chapter of Hildabrand that isn't the coliseum bits

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Has the shoebill always been hanging out in the inn room in the Crystarium? Because I stopped in there quick to check an orchestrion roll and it was just... standing there. Looking at me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i cant remember if it was there for the entirety of shb or if it was added at some point but its been there for a very long time either way

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It shows up after you finish 5.3 MSQ.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Has the shoebill always been hanging out in the inn room in the Crystarium? Because I stopped in there quick to check an orchestrion roll and it was just... standing there. Looking at me.

hopeandjoy posted:

It shows up after you finish 5.3 MSQ.

This tripped me out because the Shoebill is loving creepy and it's just suddenly there and you start asking yourself if it was there the whole time just listening in on your conversations or... :tinfoil:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Patch 6.15

is real good.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I don't think Omega was intended as meta-commentary. But at a few points I kinda got that impression, just a little.

A cute little quest.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Holy poo poo I stopped playing this game like ten years ago. But I'm a teacher now...and it's summer. If I were to somehow log back in what would I have to do to "catch up" I guess? I was in the goon guild, is that still around? I had a house but I know that's long gone, but they were kinda new when I stopped.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, I tried a match of Crystal Conflict and

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?!

Seriously, what am I doing wrong? I was literally unable to do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Go to the Wolves' Den Pier, click on the PVP Profile action, and set your skills to your PVP hotbar. They're in the "Job" section.