Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Holy poo poo:

sassy 6b posted:

Beeftweeter wrote the following forum post:

is there a web version of that kind of poo poo too for those of us with puny gpus? trying poo poo like "the tallest penguin in Dresden", "extremely unsettling mustaches", "celebrities with too many teeth", "girls that like fluoride way too much", "sludgy aerosols", "caterpillars that refuse to grow", "military surplus glow in the dark garden hose", etc. might be fun.

He sat in the glow of his monitor, hopeful. But the response terrified him beyond all imagining.
The user base was smaller than he'd expected, the comments were all the same and horrible, and the user rating was an abysmal zero.

He quickly sent out the next one, a short, whimsical series of tweets that went through the different phases of the moon. He was so positive about it, so proud of his creation, that he had no idea how much it was going to hurt.

He'd created it to help people, to make them smile, to help them forget their troubles. Instead, he found out that he was a pathetic, bitter old man, who didn't even have the respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Coward posted:

Holy poo poo:

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

e:

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 8, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i mean, look at this, what the gently caress:

https://twitter.com/bakztfuture/status/1522046645864697857

https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1522591624814993408

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

a shitload more here:

https://therobotmonster.tumblr.com/post/681895793400201217/this-action-figure-still-does-not-exist-part

and even more

https://therobotmonster.tumblr.com/post/681632633606782977/this-action-figure-does-not-exist-yet-part-1

Its weird looking at some of theses, if you had action figures as a kid you can see hints of the DNA in some of the faces.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

tag urself, im YSPOS stock image hackerman

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022
Prompt

Before enlightenment, chip wood, carry water.
After enlightenment,

Result

Drink beer, carry firewood.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

in my day we had to photoshop our own funy bear pics :colbert:

seriously though those are a little scary, i fear our horrible ai-generated future

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
future of photoshop phridays: instead of doing the work yourself, you instead post "dog wearing shoes, attacking a postal worker. the image has a heading 'those are my shoes' and a subheading 'give them back, you are a dog' and a smaller subheading 'they don't even fit'"

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

The movie Dune (1984) is the story of a young desert prince who seeks to free his home planet from a dangerous group of humans. This sci-fi adventure is based on a science fiction novel of the same name, by Frank Herbert. The film has been very controversial and has since been criticized by many individuals. Those who criticize the movie claim that Dune is racist, sexist, and/or homophobic. However, these criticisms are completely unfounded, and it is a disgrace to present such false accusations. This article will discuss why the movie Dune is not a racist, sexist, or homophobic film, and why these accusations are completely unfounded.

This article will also discuss the main criticisms, as well as the responses to these criticisms, that the movie Dune receives from those who try to discredit it. By the end of this article, the reader will understand why this movie is a masterpiece, and why it has earned so many positive reviews and awards. The Dune movie is not a simple adaptation of the Dune novel, but it is a great movie that deserves an honest review.

The following is the review of the movie Dune, as well as the criticisms and the responses to them.

Please keep in mind that this article will contain spoilers.

Contents

1. The Story of the Movie

1.1. The Dune Novel

1.2. The Dune Movie

1.3. The Criticisms

1.4. The Responses to the Criticisms

1.5. The Ratings

1.6. The Conclusions

2. The Criticisms of the Movie

2.1. The Production

2.2. Dune has a White Savior

2.3. Dune is a Film About White Racism

2.4. Dune is a Film About Racism

2.5. Dune is Sexist
hell yeah, article defending dune so long that you need a table of contents

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol

i hate the episode where odo kills everyone!

quote:

Deep Space Nine has the worst example of the "filler episode" that I've ever seen. The entire episode is just one long, pointless story about Odo killing a bunch of aliens, and it's all just horrible, and makes no sense at all.

Plus, Odo was on the planet to interrogate a bunch of the aliens, which is the whole point of the episode, but there was no point in having him go back to the station after he killed them all. He could have just interrogated them all at the station.

I don't think the episode was that bad. It was just badly edited.

uhh

quote:

Deep Space Nine is the worst Star Trek series.

In the Star Trek franchise, Deep Space Nine is the weakest, most uninteresting and poorly written. It has the lowest number of episodes, the least memorable plots, the fewest memorable characters and the worst story arcs.

It's also the only series where the main characters all seem to be struggling with depression.

The only exception is Avery Brooks who is a really good actor, but he's not the main character.

For the record, I would rank the following episodes as the worst:

"Ensign Ro"

"Threshold"

okay i think this kills the GPT

quote:

Deep Space Nine was the worst series in the history of Star Trek.

It was the last great Trek series, but it was also the first. It was the series where Trek became about political and social commentary, as opposed to the more straightforward adventures of the original series. It was the series where Trek became about a society on the brink of collapse. It was the series where Trek became more about pessimism and melodrama than optimism and hope.

It was the series where Trek began to lose its way, but it was also the series that brought Trek back to its roots.

yes? no. yees? no.... yes!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The coolest new TikTok trends:
1. Pranking your family by pretending to be pregnant
2. Throwing a tantrum in public
3. Looking at your phone while eating
4. Breaking the internet by stealing TikToks
5. Saying something insanely weird
6. Accidentally making a TikTok with your butt
7. Making an insane reaction video
8. Looking super confused while dancing
9. Making a TikTok where you talk about something super serious
10. Banging a tambourine
11. Trying to eat as much as possible
12. Pranking people by recording them singing
13. Saying something incredibly racist

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/ai_curio_bot/status/1524062902797615105

more like average person from pittsburgh imo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

it still tracks tbh

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1530988224864063488

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Bruno_me
Dec 11, 2005

whoa

we think youre really going to like it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Pizza was okay before but i think apple perfected it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

no pepperoni. less cheese than a calzone. lame.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Fine, I guess I'm bottom left.

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space

Carthag Tuek posted:

no pepperoni. less cheese than a calzone. lame.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/StrongBadActual/status/1534171416618274818

someone got dalle to generate images of "strong bad checking his email"

the homestar runner gang spotted it and decided to animate the results and provide strong bads voice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/StrongBadActual/status/1534171416618274818

someone got dalle to generate images of "strong bad checking his email"

the homestar runner gang spotted it and decided to animate the results and provide strong bads voice

that's neat but the input and result (and a ton of other dall-e stuff) show a worrying level of sophistication that makes me fear the future

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Beeftweeter posted:

that's neat but the input and result (and a ton of other dall-e stuff) show a worrying level of sophistication that makes me fear the future

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2022/06/06/dalliance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i haven't read penny arcade in maybe 20 years and wow, it's actually uglier (the characters look totally different, but worse?) and less funny than i remembered