Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"We even have a girl in our group that we treat like poo poo!

Well, I haven't seen her in a while, but COVID right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Brawnfire posted:

"We even have a girl in our group that we treat like poo poo!

Well, I haven't seen her in a while, but COVID right?"

All she needs to do is exclaim "Sickness, be gone!" and she'll be right as rain.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The gang reminds me of Glenn and his friends.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My group of friends also includes one of our dads, whom I share a bed with

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

love having the podcast to look forward to every week, both Glenn and Charlie being like "wtf?" when Rob says Rocky made him cry was great

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think I might be in the minority here, but I think I agree with removing the episodes for two reasons. Never underestimate how stupid people are in their inability to understand satire and... racists will use anything they can find in the mainstream to justify their behavior.

I agree with this too, and moreover, the main reason the networks removed them in the first place was optics, hosting an episode with blackface on it makes the network a really easy target. Don't worry about it, don't go "well what about all the OTHER racism" because then they'll go "hey you're right this makes us look bad too, we literally hadn't even looked into it or read the scripts we just signed the show because it got ratings" and they'll nix all that too, because as you said people are dumb and the sheer inability to grasp irony and satire is why we have actual racists running around doing the "it's just a prank" thing.

Just torrent the episodes like a normal person.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'm partway through a rewatch/my wife's first time watching most of the show and yeah it's kind of a bummer that some great episodes are missing (Next Top Billboard Model is a personal top 10 and not having it really undermines later Rex episodes; Charlie and Dee are working at their old school at the end of an episode then suddenly everything's normal again) but at the same time there's still a gazillion hours of the show still available for streaming and they're still putting out new episodes. I guess I'd rather have them all up but I can't say missing a few episodes here and there is ruining the show or anything.

I am a little surprised that they didn't yank the pilot or especially Sweet Dee is Dating a REDACTED Person since they're openly apologetic about the latter in particular but it's also not like you can't just buy the "banned" episodes from the digital store of your choice. You're not being censored; you're being blasted up the rear end mildly inconvenienced.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

I agree with this too, and moreover, the main reason the networks removed them in the first place was optics, hosting an episode with blackface on it makes the network a really easy target. Don't worry about it, don't go "well what about all the OTHER racism" because then they'll go "hey you're right this makes us look bad too, we literally hadn't even looked into it or read the scripts we just signed the show because it got ratings" and they'll nix all that too, because as you said people are dumb and the sheer inability to grasp irony and satire is why we have actual racists running around doing the "it's just a prank" thing.

Just torrent the episodes like a normal person.

Okay but racists are stupid and are going to continue to be racist whether or not these episodes are online or not, It's Always Sunny isn't leading anyone down a bad path

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cockblocktopus posted:

I'm partway through a rewatch/my wife's first time watching most of the show and yeah it's kind of a bummer that some great episodes are missing (Next Top Billboard Model is a personal top 10 and not having it really undermines later Rex episodes; Charlie and Dee are working at their old school at the end of an episode then suddenly everything's normal again) but at the same time there's still a gazillion hours of the show still available for streaming and they're still putting out new episodes. I guess I'd rather have them all up but I can't say missing a few episodes here and there is ruining the show or anything.

I am a little surprised that they didn't yank the pilot or especially Sweet Dee is Dating a REDACTED Person since they're openly apologetic about the latter in particular but it's also not like you can't just buy the "banned" episodes from the digital store of your choice. You're not being censored; you're being blasted up the rear end mildly inconvenienced.

You can't buy the banned episodes digitally.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Only way to get the banned episodes is the original way. Before all the streaming services starting ramming you up the rear end.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

renting the discs from netflix, gotcha

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Only way to get the banned episodes is the original way. Before all the streaming services starting ramming you up the rear end.

Let's pull up out boot straps, oil up a couple of asses, and do a little plowing of our own.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think it's sucks that you have to be a VPN using sicko to see some of the show's best episodes. It doesn't put me out much but it basically removes the episodes from existence for a bracket of zoomers and normies who wouldn't touch that stuff

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

No Dignity posted:

Okay but racists are stupid and are going to continue to be racist whether or not these episodes are online or not, It's Always Sunny isn't leading anyone down a bad path

I'll have you know I dropped several anvils on people's heads in my childhood. It's a slippery slope to becoming a racist because the tv box told me it was ok.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

renting the discs from netflix, gotcha

i bought the first season on itunes in 2007 because I couldn't find it anywhere in the UK and didn't know how to alternatively acquire media back then

I watched Lost from LoveFilm and got told off cause I was ripping disks and returning them the same day lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Lost is IASIP canon fyi

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
You just click on the door marked pirate.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ratjaculation posted:

Lost is IASIP canon fyi

They should have Terry O'Quinn or someone guest star and come into the bar, see Mac, and just leave wordlessly and the episode continues like nothing happened.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

i bought the first season on itunes in 2007 because I couldn't find it anywhere in the UK and didn't know how to alternatively acquire media back then

I watched Lost from LoveFilm and got told off cause I was ripping disks and returning them the same day lol

LoveFilm lmao

i remember getting the plastic trial cards through the post from them wowwwaaaaa

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
God drat is 'The Always Sunny Podcast' good. When I originally saw it....I thought....well how interesting could an episode by episode recap be? Glad I gave it a shot....but it's not really a recap in a general sense. It's great. And I'm surprised at how funny those guys are off script. Charlie Day especially. Just hilarious all around.

Decided to start a rewatch from episode 1 as well because it's been a long time since I've seen a number of these episodes and I figured that I could enjoy the podcast even more if I could follow exactly what the guys were talking about. I got up to the invincible episode of the podcast before starting the rewatch....and I've been noticing quite a few things. What's mostly been standing out to me is the little sound effects that they add in. I don't think I really noticed them much originally. But now that I know that the guys added some of those sounds in post....makes the show even funnier. But....brilliant show right off the bat. Even the first season where they are still getting their footing and are without Devito puts most sitcoms to shame. Forget how many laugh out loud moments there are.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

CPColin posted:

They should have Terry O'Quinn or someone guest star and come into the bar, see Mac, and just leave wordlessly and the episode continues like nothing happened.

To Mac, may he find whatever he's looking for at the bottom of a glass.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

No Dignity posted:

I think it's sucks that you have to be a VPN using sicko to see some of the show's best episodes. It doesn't put me out much but it basically removes the episodes from existence for a bracket of zoomers and normies who wouldn't touch that stuff

I am neither a zoomer nor a normie, I love the show but not enough to figure out how to torrent or use a VPN so I can't imagine I ever see those episodes again. I have seasons 1-3 on digital video discs

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not knowing how to torrent? what the heck.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Reason! Will! Prevail!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Given the sheer amount of shows he's guest starred in, I'm surprised Clancy Brown hasn't appeared. He seems like a good fit.

But they do say in the new podcast its hard to write guest spots that aren't 'normal person reacts with horror to the gang'.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not knowing how to torrent? what the heck.

In contrast to pretty much everything else in life, Usenet has kept getting easier and easier to use :ssh:

I'm not organized enough to sit down for a full rewatch, but when I have 20 minutes to kill I do like to just go to the show on my Plex server and hit shuffle and watch whatever ep comes up.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Takes No Damage posted:

In contrast to pretty much everything else in life, Usenet has kept getting easier and easier to use :ssh:

yea lemme just pay a subscription to pirate stuff lmao

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Who knew the most pirated infested waters wouldn't be the west indian but the baltic (again)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

i barely looked around and found one that's $5 for 6 months I think? or some insane amount of data I'll never hit

using radarr/sonarr has changed my life and turned me into a data hoarder

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Anyway I came here to complain about the Zoom episodes, they are totally running out of steam when they're not in the same room. Good on em for keeping it going while they're all off doing other poo poo but I'm looking forward to production starting again so they can do them in person.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Carthag Tuek posted:

At least the money is probably going to better people than Disney & Comcast that is pocketing your Hulu subscription money :lol:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mythic Quest is pretty good now that I'm finally able to watch it because I got a sub

The random one-off episode about the slow death of the brooding depressing video game for a gag at the end was pretty dumb though lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Mythic Quest is pretty good now that I'm finally able to watch it because I got a sub

The random one-off episode about the slow death of the brooding depressing video game for a gag at the end was pretty dumb though lol

I didn’t care for it either but I can’t help but think about it sometimes.

Like there’s a game called Subnautica where you dive deep into an ocean and you can get lost in caves and drown. Scary stuff.

Then in the sequel there’s “oxygen plants” in the cave that help keep you alive. I’m not saying there was some compromise of vision there or anything but it still reminded me of “maybe they can have a flash light in the next one???”

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There are oxygen plants in the original game too.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

subnautica is a game i wish i could play. not bc i think it's particularly great, but just bc i know i CAN'T play it or else i'll have an actual heart attack.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I found it at times an intensely scary game but it did help me get over my fear of open water and gave me a new appreciation of sea life. As someone who nearly had a heart attack a few times throughout it too I'd say its worth a try!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

it's in my playstation library since it was free on ps+ one month. maybe i'll invite a friend over for moral support and play it during the day time 30 min at a time lol

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

There are a lot of places in the game that doesn't give you anything but pretty colours and chillax. You don't necessarily need to go anywhere but the pretty and safe places unless you want cooler stuff. There's also creative/sandbox? game modes that make you invulnerable etc to chill out even more

Plus on PC you could just mod out anything you didn't need, like the terror-monstrums of the dark depths of the bottomless oceans :sax:

E. "Cooler stuff" includes things like power armour that let's you deal with scary stuff by punching them in the face, which is therapeutic to some

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 15, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

At least the money is probably going to better people than Disney & Comcast that is pocketing your Hulu subscription money :lol:

Also my comment was more in reference to the episodes missing from streaming. Speaking of, I was shuffling the show last weekend and The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6 came up, I assume that's one that got pulled for Mac and Dee appearing in full black body? Which is a bummer because it's a great episode with a ton of laughs. Would it be worth making a burner Vimeo account and putting all the banned episodes on there? Basically an Always Sunny Too Hot for TV playlist, just so the episodes are available to more people.

Unrelated:

Also +1 on Subnautica being a cool time. The first few hours of the game are spent in shallow waters and you just cruise around and collect resources and start building a base. There are some potentially scary bits as you start going down deeper, but you can also just not do that if it isn't your thing, though eventually you'd need to if you wanted to continue the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Takes No Damage posted:

and The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6 came up, I assume that's one that got pulled for Mac and Dee appearing in full black body?

My favorite thing to come out of this episode was the anecdote where Rob had to go to the hospital and they forgot to take the blackface off.