Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

every show is better with mark doing va

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder which joker voice he’ll use

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I imagine he'll sound more like Skips.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Seems like more of an Old Man Luke-type role.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

They had previously announced they were using Johanna Constantine. Basically Gaiman has said that if you want a 1 to 1 adaptation then you should listen to the audiobook and that they're using the TV series as an opportunity to change things around.

ugh then why are they still doing the dinner episode?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Morph having visible pupils is throwing me off more than I expected :xd:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

ruddiger posted:

I wonder which joker voice he’ll use

Adrian Ripburger.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

theironjef posted:

Adrian Ripburger.

:hmmyes:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

ugh then why are they still doing the dinner episode?

Gaiman confirmed that they are. I figured that meant they are going to keep it close to the comics.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Did Morpheus wear that gas mask in the comics too and I'm forgetting or is it a Wesley Dodds homage?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapnAndy posted:

Did Morpheus wear that gas mask in the comics too and I'm forgetting or is it a Wesley Dodds homage?

He wears it in the first arc for few pages

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

CapnAndy posted:

It’s part of his “official” regalia iirc, he breaks it out a few times when poo poo gets real or he needs to make an impression but I don’t think he uses it very often.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It was part of his gear that was stolen that he gets back in the first arc of the comic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The new season of the boys is supposed to be good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I've only watched the first episode but it's good so far

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It’s good but it’s sorta distressingly real too with how it’s serving as a commentary on the ways civilization is just hosed to death. They’re hitting on a much more nuanced level than last season where Stormfront just got up in front of a crowd and was like “hey I’m a big racist, what’s up fellow fash” and was an instant superstar.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It is extremely dark and extremely cynical. If you don't like that then it isn't good. If you do it is fine.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i thought the first three eps of this season were good. does a good job making you really really hate homelander

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

theironjef posted:

Adrian Ripburger.

I was thinking Todd

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
New season also really upped the gross out quotient.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I missed the initial Gotham Knights chat, but have thoughts. I am certain that some exec had this idea for a Batman Jr. show that had nothing to do with the comics initially. Just feels like they are starting with a young adult drama formula and working backwards to tie it to Batman from there. Murder mystery, secret legacy, diverse and quirky group of teens forced by circumstance to work together. Why not Batman? Too old. Why not his dozen adopted kids or his one biological son? Couldn't be the audience stand in. We need a love interest, why not a Robin? No one knows Carrie Kelly, so we can reinvent her however we want. What if one of the characters was a quirky "villain"? One with a secret family connection to the cop who's after them? Who can we add for token diversity? It's all an excuse to make the most lazy, generic CW drama and rubber stamp BATMAN on top of it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

New season also really upped the gross out quotient.

The whale from season 2 is the apex I thought. I have to finish Stranger Things and Love Death Robutts before i'm going to drive into the Boys.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

twistedmentat posted:

The whale from season 2 is the apex I thought. I have to finish Stranger Things and Love Death Robutts before i'm going to drive into the Boys.

Dive right in,you’ll be absolutely tickled,the effects are nothing to sniff at….

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I can’t wait to see the chud discourse on Ms Marvel. They’ll be so mad.

I really liked it. It’s like the book come to life.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've been diving back into Ms. Marvel comics recently picking up where I left off and just around the time of Civil War II (*shudder*) the armbands she wears are mentioned again and we get a backstory of them being passed down through the women in their family. I don't know if this ends up leading to anything but this is news to me and it's interesting comicbook precedent for something they seem to be doing in the TV show as far as her powers origins go (haven't seen the episode yet, just basing this off the trailers).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

I can’t wait to see the chud discourse on Ms Marvel. They’ll be so mad.

I really liked it. It’s like the book come to life.

Hopefully it makes the right people so mad they spontaneously combust. Haven't seen it yet but I've seen enough interviews with Iman that even if it's not very good I hope it gets 20 seasons just because she's awesome.

X-O fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 8, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I will watch Ms marvel tonight and not care about manufactured outrage. I hope to enjoy the show.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It’s been a while and I don’t recall everything about the bracelet. There was something about a kree suit but it wasn’t related directly to her powers iirc.

In the show her power appears to directly come from the bracelet which is fine by me. We do get strechy arms so yay.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Ms. Marvel is probably the best first episode of a Marvel Studios Disney+ show to date imo. still don’t like the powers change and probably never will, but we’ll see what they end up doing with it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was a fun first episode. i thought the animation stuff was cool. iman was great. sucks that sana amanat gets a executive producer title but willow isn't even there. also people were dragging Hawkeye for basically copying aja art but mm is literally using panels straight from the books and i bet you money those artists ain't getting paid

e: fyi there is a mid credits scene

site fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 8, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ms. Marvel is so good. Love the style and the cast and the tone.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I was just kinda passively watching it, but the bit where the parents proudly present Kamala's Hulk costume and her father dressed as The Hulk pulled me right in. It's not my favorite start to one of these shows, but it's cute enough.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

There's nothing I missed in that episode more than the conversation between the parents where they settled on the Hulk as a nice, respectable hero to dress up as.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's kinda funny that it's og angry hulk and not smart hulk too

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Ms. Marvel episode one might be one of my favorite MCU things period. Movie or show. So drat good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Hulk and Little Hulk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just watched MM and it is incredibly charming. I really like that they're giving Kamala's dad more of a character as I feel like he was the least fleshed out character in her family in the comic's first run (even if later stuff did more to correct that).

I like that Ant-Man has a podcast. Feels very in character for him.

e: Also for some reason I felt compelled to crunch the numbers and assuming that the shows also all take place one after another in-universe like the movies do, and superheroes have been around as long as Kamala's been alive* since Iron Man came out in '08 and it's 2024 in the MCU.

*I know if you wanna split hairs Caps A & M make that longer but come on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This girl is literally Kamala Khan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdjJLGO7vrE

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I was a little worried about colorism when they announced her casting but I have to admit they really nailed it(again), she's perfect.

At this rate whoever is doing Marvel's casting should get paid RDJ money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love the story of her going rounds with Feige about whether or not the MCU is 616. (Iman's right. It's not.)