Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's Doom2 but the Revenants' homing missiles are just textures playing the entirety of Morb. Just the homing ones though.

and they move super slow so slow it takes the whole time to watch the movie before you're hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You gotta keep backing up and turning in circles to keep watching! Or if you don't you just die! Maybe you should just let them hit you!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Baron von Eevl posted:

You gotta keep backing up and turning in circles to keep watching! Or if you don't you just die! Maybe you should just let them hit you!

God can you imagine this in Serious Sam? Just one hundred thousand instances of Morbius screaming at you; somebody insists that the ones in the back shouldn't count because they're "dumbed down", but you know that such a thing is literally impossible.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 8, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Maybe Capstone should reform and make a Morbius game

Operation Morb Count

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

TekMorb

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Not even this thread is safe from that garbage meme film, jesus.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The meme got the garbage film to bomb at the box office twice, so I commend it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

been playing the Half Life PS2 port and it's actually really good tbh. there's a lot more loading than the PC version and the guns/people look weird but the port itself is extremely faithful. it ran unlocked on PS2 so it goes up to 60fps pretty often on Series X and it feels great to play with a controller. cool stuff.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SCheeseman posted:

The meme got the garbage film to bomb at the box office twice, so I commend it.

God I hope there's another Sony email leak just so I can peak behind the curtains on this one.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

God I hope there's another Sony email leak just so I can peak behind the curtains on this one.

I mean with how inept most sony film exec's seem I wouldn't be surprised if they just accidentally email it all out to a journo at somepoint or something.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

"THE gently caress IS "SNAKES ON A PLANE"? DO I SOUND LIKE I GIVE A gently caress? MORB ME UP OR YOU'RE FINISHED"

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Quantum of Phallus posted:

been playing the Half Life PS2 port and it's actually really good tbh. there's a lot more loading than the PC version and the guns/people look weird but the port itself is extremely faithful. it ran unlocked on PS2 so it goes up to 60fps pretty often on Series X and it feels great to play with a controller. cool stuff.

Don't forget to save a ton, there's no autosave. I learned that the hard way....

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Don't forget to save a ton, there's no autosave. I learned that the hard way....

Ugh, that was me, back in the day.

"poo poo poo poo poo poo, an explosion pushed me into that moving death laser in the hallway, after everything goes to poo poo..."

*flatline sound*

*Loading*

*Tram car sequence starts*

:negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Haha I also learned that the hard way

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

three hours spent getting to e1m7 on Cero Miedo

3 more hours and i've now made it to e1m8\

i started at 8 hp on m7 so it was a bit dicey also i play hammered sooo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
idk where else to post this it only seems to fit here :/

https://twitter.com/winampskins/status/1534550904245919744?s=20&t=NYRZZ6QhpuL4JehU_J7b6w

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Sometimes I miss this idiot

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I miss his Charles Bronson-esque voice actor they got for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Also what is Mysteries of the Sith??

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jiro posted:

Also what is Mysteries of the Sith??
The expansion pack for DF2 Jedi Knight. Now with way more scripted events and with FMVs using in-game assets instead of live action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaAbRMytnqc

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If you played df2 and thought "man, this needs more copy/pasted hallways and confusing level design" then it's threw game for you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I remember playing the demo for Mysteries of the Sith, never having played DF or even Jedi Knight at that point, and I was just truly blown the gently caress away. REAL 3D?! LIGHTSABERS?!

:stare:

I eventually got and played through JK, and while I still love it, it hasn't ages well. Never played MotS past the demo, no idea how bad it might come off now.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
If I recall MotS was amazing until the last level which was on a rainy cave planet with no guns. Thankfully Raven counterbalanced this with the Nar Shaddar level in Jedi Outcast

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Mysteries of the Sith is for people who thought Jedi Knight was too easy and any future games were for babies. There’s some fun and cool levels in there and it’s the only other game which uses the JK engine (which I love), but holy poo poo they were determined to make you suffer for playing it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
As always, NCG will fill you in on anything you missed from the long and storied history of Dark Forces/Jedi Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAYCB3b7rY

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 8, 2022

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Live action Katarn could get it btw

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Supposed cool guy Han Solo’s copilot is Wookiee, Dash Rendar’s is a sassy robot, Kyle has a ride-or-die gf. Enough said

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Might be pure nostalgia but Kyle Katarn is still the coolest Star Wars character for me, I really liked the live action scenes and was a shame that Disney didn't use him as character for films, tv series or whatever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Bring back thiccboi Kyle from Dark Forces 1, a man who looks like he could punch a Kryat Dragon to death

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Okay

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
but Dash Rendar has the Outrider and that ship is loving awesome

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Those bums at Disney should have made Shadows of The Empire movie

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Malcolm Excellent posted:

hell yes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I'd kiss him, I'm no coward.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Rahul Kohli as himbo Kyle Katarn who fumbles into Jedi mastery

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

verbal enema posted:

but Dash Rendar has the Outrider and that ship is loving awesome

Eh, it's neat but it's no Mouldy Crow.

This conversation is making me want to replay Dark Forces now that it has a working source port, but I'm also elbows-deep into making my first Doom mod and I don't want to get sidetracked from that.

Shoehead posted:

I'd kiss him, I'm no coward.

:same:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they still do someday.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I'm still not sure why they decided to create all the merchandising of a movie release without bothering with an actual movie, but I guess fans were hungry for anything after a 13 year dry spell.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

You'd have to be hella gay to not want to kiss Kyle Katarn deep with tongue.

skasion posted:

Mysteries of the Sith is for people who thought Jedi Knight was too easy and any future games were for babies. There’s some fun and cool levels in there and it’s the only other game which uses the JK engine (which I love), but holy poo poo they were determined to make you suffer for playing it.

You got me, I love MotS but it's true. In a lot of ways it feels like a fan mod or something. But I seem to love sequels to my favourite games that play like fan mods.

JK plays like a grand space opera, some proper star war. MotS is just a bunch of whacky shenanigans going on. To me it's a bit like comparing the legend of zelda's ocarina of time and majora's mask, respectively.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Mysteries of the Sith also introduced the Carbonite Gun, which I remember being really stoked about being able to use...but cannot remember literally anything else about. I suspect it was not very good.

EDIT: Based on videos I just found, it was not very good.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

ponzicar posted:

I'm still not sure why they decided to create all the merchandising of a movie release without bothering with an actual movie, but I guess fans were hungry for anything after a 13 year dry spell.

It was a dry run for the prequel marketing campaign basically. One part “can we do this”, one part “if we do this will anyone care”.