Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That ad has been running for a few years.

There just aren't as many fire dragons around to fight with a sword in dress whites anymore.

no this one really is pretty brilliant. it plays on disaffection with modern alienation and the underlying realization that so much of our society is built on simulation in the baudrillard sense. I bet whoever came up with that read Generation Kill and got the idea of playing on the desire to belong to something greater while ignoring everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

galenanorth posted:

https://www.nexttv.com/news/privacy-bill-allows-for-turning-off-targeted-advertising
https://old.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/v5f43s/draft_of_privacy_bill_would_allow_web_users_to/ib9hkdt/

I swear I remember a news article where Google was considering or revealed to be doing this, but it's not in my bookmarks or search history when I type in Google Maps and I try to bookmark every political article I come across I might need later

edit: Oh, it was probably that I saw here they've started including alt route ads, not silently rerouting, and the Reddit OP is talking out of his rear end

but lol at the idea people would stop using them if they did once they're a firmly entrenched enough habit

google has admitted to occasionally using A/B testing by showing different preferred routes for different users with the same directions requested at the same time in order to track the travel time of the alternate route it presents as best

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

War and Pieces posted:

it's called the dollar

this premium currency is too pay-to-win. i demand a new meta-game

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

withak posted:

Also hilarious is the implication that this gaming environment wouldn't immediately descend into a mire of scamming, backstabbing, and ridiculous drama.

eve online did this without needing blockchain.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

MRC48B posted:

eve online did this without needing blockchain.

space drama rules

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

space drama rules

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/sxr8Hgs.mp4

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Finally, a useful robot.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

War and Pieces posted:

it's called the dollar

fiat currency? :barf:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

so if there are 4 orbs but they drop at a 5% rate, does that encounter just get mothballed when theyve dropped? or do you only have the orb until someone else gets it (within 10 seconds of you getting it)? sounds like a bad game

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Carthag Tuek posted:

so if there are 4 orbs but they drop at a 5% rate, does that encounter just get mothballed when theyve dropped? or do you only have the orb until someone else gets it (within 10 seconds of you getting it)? sounds like a bad game

NFT game developers only care about the NFTs, not the game. they are terrible at video games and do not understand what makes games good or worth playing. Grit is a copy and paste game jam tier fortnite clone with nft poo poo in it. look at the quality of this.

https://twitter.com/brycent_/status/1533761444986200064

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

oh my god, a shittier fortnite but with nfts?

has my dream finally come true??

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jonny 290 posted:

NFT game developers only care about the NFTs, not the game. they are terrible at video games and do not understand what makes games good or worth playing. Grit is a copy and paste game jam tier fortnite clone with nft poo poo in it. look at the quality of this.

Meanwhile fistful of frags is completely free

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

5% drop rate means that when you beat the enemy there is a 5% chance it drops that particular loot. There only being four in existence means that the boss has only been defeated about 80 times. Which is of course nonsense, if the thing was that valuable then thousands of people would have been farming it already even on a relatively low-traffic game. They should have said the drop rate was 0.05% or something.

withak has issued a correction as of 16:11 on Jun 7, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't think these people really know what they're talking about

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Inconceivable! :monocle:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jonny 290 posted:

how many slurp juice does it take to be able to move ur dude away from his spawn point

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whether they do or not, it works as part of the scam; if you think they're dumb, then maybe you can beat them at their own game and make some money, and that gets you to buy in.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

sleeptalker posted:

Whether they do or not, it works as part of the scam; if you think they're dumb, then maybe you can beat them at their own game and make some money, and that gets you to buy in.

a lot of scams rely on looking sketchy as poo poo to anyone with the tiniest bit of common sense so they select those people out of the victim pool too

i'm not suggesting these guys are that smart though, i think they're just adopting tried-and-true scammer tactics by blind luck

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
convergent scammer evolution, being stupid is the crab of the schemes world

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

redleader posted:

fiat currency? :barf:

E.A. Game Currency.

I'm sorry.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

the title says gameplay but I see nothing that meets any standard of gameplay

where's the whitepaper, I'm ready to hand over my savings

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

that's the UE4 third person sample with a tiny level made from marketplace/included assets and a character model that I'm sure is also from marketplace.

what they've got would take an experienced UE4 designer a day at most.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:piss:
https://twitter.com/asswarfare/status/1534204352163893248?s=20&t=ssO3mEgmq3PspEtiTXJp1g

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

that GRIT game is a pretty funny grift. they say they have a partnership with EPIC, which means they are putting the game in their store. thats the extent of their partnership lol

also they gave a RARE HORSE NFT away and it turns out it was an asset taken straight from the UE shop

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

babypolis posted:

that GRIT game is a pretty funny grift. they say they have a partnership with EPIC, which means they are putting the game in their store. thats the extent of their partnership lol

also they gave a RARE HORSE NFT away and it turns out it was an asset taken straight from the UE shop

demonstrated true american values, real patriots

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

babypolis posted:

Just curious, is it this horse specifically? Because if so, that was one of the monthly giveaway assets from a few months back and that would make it funnier to me.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Paladin posted:

Just curious, is it this horse specifically? Because if so, that was one of the monthly giveaway assets from a few months back and that would make it funnier to me.

could be!

https://twitter.com/brycent_/status/1533795430399717377

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Can I use my horse armor from Oblivion on that horse?

Bethesda was way ahead of their time.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

not even that horses helmet can protect it from thinking about ants

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

babypolis posted:

Saying they have a partnership is against Epic's developer agreement:

quote:

You and Epic are independent contractors and are not the legal representative, agent, joint venturer, partner, or employee of the other. Neither party has any right or authority to assume or create any obligations of any kind or to make any representation or warranty on behalf of the other party.

Lol, it looks like they're trying to downplay this now. Even articles that say "Epic's first NFT Game" in the headline make sure to specify that it's just the first NFT game in the store.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Can I use my horse armor from Oblivion on that horse?

Bethesda was way ahead of their time.

the game whose only saving grace is graphics and unintentionally hilarious AI

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

forums are acting up

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

insane

epic

horse

stooping to loving youtube title clickbait levels of desperately trying to catch the attention of morons

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

it’s got purple text that’s how you know it’s good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

blatman posted:

not even that horses helmet can protect it from thinking about ants

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo an Epic Jpg.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://nitter.net/ExileGrimm/status/1534633126886088705#m

thread has some other good ones

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Google's making another attempt to kill AdBlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

lol good way to force people to change browsers, i guess?