Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Medications you're on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a very minor thyroid deficiency and take meds for that

And some other poo poo but that's none of your business

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I used to see a horrible doctor that doped me up with Valium to counteract the meds that he gave me that caused panic attacks. Then he kept giving me more meds to offset the side effects. I ended up switching doctors (I was barely an adult at this time) and was told the cocktail was killing me, and my internal organs were shutting down and that if we didn't fix it I might actually die. The bad doctor doesn't practice any more (he killed a different patient with that method).

Anyway, these days I'm on low dose SSRI for OCD management, HRT for looking fine as gently caress, and acute anxiety medication (not benzos tho, refuse to touch them after that poo poo). It's nice. Life is far more simple, and less death-filled.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
I've actually never had to be on medication for more than a few weeks, usually for an infection or after a dental surgery or something.

I actually think I haven't been prescribed anything in over a decade. Too bad I'm a fat piece of poo poo who doesn't exercise.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

BigHead posted:

Medications you're on.

This question's going to get complicated as the average goon age wobbles ever higher.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I take metamucil so I don't have runny poops.
And I take a magnesium supplement called "Calm" because I'm always anxious/ragey. I feel like it works but who knows.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

caffeine, 1 dose in the morning. beer, 2 in the evening. cannabis, take as required.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Lamotrogine aka Lamictal 200mg 2x a day

I had two seizures at work about a year apart. The first time it happened I went to a cardiologist thinking it was heart stuff (nobody was around to see what happened) but that wasn't it. The second time I actually broke my wrist, at a customer's house, it was a whole thing, and went to a neurologist (for my brain, not the wrist).

Bingo bango, 34 years old with a shiny new epilepsy diagnosis.

I actually haven't had a seizure since, so I must commend the neurological professionals out there for making my brain not dangerously misfire so much.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i used to abuse prescription medication but then they made it legal in california so it isnt medicine anymore it's just regular ole w33d

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Jelly posted:

I take metamucil so I don't have runny poops.
And I take a magnesium supplement called "Calm" because I'm always anxious/ragey. I feel like it works but who knows.

Supplements aren’t medications

Mods????

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jelly posted:

I know and it doesn't.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Im supposed to be on a bunch of stuff for my brain and hormonal problems

What I actually take: weed and alcohol

I am not healthy

Inkdaub
Jun 16, 2020
I take adderall and wellbutrin and guanfacine.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I take 30mg of Mirtazapine nightly for depression and anxiety and it also helps me sleep. It's the third pill I've tried and it's worked much better than the others I tried. I don't get any weird side effects and my dick still works.

Also I live in a cool country where prescriptions are free so it costs me nothing.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
When I was on Zoloft I was prescribed Temazepam, cant remember the pill size or recommended dose, for insomnia and it made me feel like I was being forced into sleep against my will, It was really hosed up.

I just didnt take it after like the first time.

A psychologist I was seeing was really surprised I was given that combination and equated it to being overdosed to sleep.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Years of MSRIs, honestly my lymph nodes should have been blocked by calcium by now

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Zinc for big cums

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I was offered ivermectin again by a lady in my office. It wasn't apple flavored, so I declined.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Hardawn posted:

I was offered ivermectin again by a lady in my office. It wasn't apple flavored, so I declined.

Just say thanks, rack up a big line and do it in front of her.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The only drug I need is the pure love of our Lord Jesus Christ

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Too too many to list. I am truly a broke-brain person.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I also have the ability to kill threads like no one's business.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

A shitload. the most annoying is the immune suppressant because I have to give myself a shot in the stomach bi-weekly (soon to be weekly) and it's still kinda gross

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I put goo on my head to desperately hold onto my hair line.

I probably should come to terms with thinning hair.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
A friend of mine described his medication regime as "enough to get a full stomach." Me, I'm down to a single antidepressant, but I might get on a non-stimulant medication for attention deficit disorder. Need to find a neuro-psychologist first, though, because my regular prescriber isn't one and apparently a diagnosis from a neuro-psych will open up more prescription options

I did see one a couple months ago, and he basically diagnosed me with Not Trying Hard Enough. I greatly disagree, because there was a two-minute interview and then tests for things like memory, and I don't think spelling and hand strength tests are useful for ADHD/ADD in high functioning/low support adults

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm not on any medications but I'd like to try Adderall sometime. I used to take Ritalin as a kid but my parents started taking my prescription as I became a teenager. I think it'd help me focus again probably.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Tarkus posted:

I'm not on any medications but I'd like to try Adderall sometime. I used to take Ritalin as a kid but my parents started taking my prescription as I became a teenager. I think it'd help me focus again probably.

As someone who was diagnosed in his mid twenties, yes. Do that. Completely changed my life for the better. Avoid if you have an addictive personality where substances are concerned though.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I put goo on my head to desperately hold onto my hair line.

I probably should come to terms with thinning hair.

Own it, brother. Yeah, it sucks. For sure.

But when you’re faced with something you can’t change, you can either pretend nothing is wrong (see: combover) or you can embrace it and show that you handle adversity like a boss (see: shaving your head). You could always try surgery though if that’s a place you’re not at yet though.

Strongly recommend making peace with it and living your best life, shame free. You got this, friend.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Also Flonase because it's the only medicine that is as powerful as wizard magic in stopping my allergies.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
This

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Topic

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Sucks

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I'll

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Take

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
The

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Sixer

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

poo poo talking my gundam post and then total garbage topics follow. smh...

e: lol I just realized it was your topic. Well at least you owned it my man :cheerdoge:

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 9, 2022

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost