Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Rand Brittain posted:

I just want it to be super gay.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

mastajake posted:

Yeah, it's weird that they specify "in the same universe". It makes it quite limiting.
this just means that unlike most licensed warriors games the story doesn't take place in a completely original setting with just the characters plopped in there

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
decided to hang out with the Black Eagles again, Edelgard had such good stat luck that Rhea couldn’t damage her. just swung away with Amyr til she croaked

maybe I’ll finally play through the DLC, I was annoyed that I wasn’t allowed to recruit them to my house cause I hadn’t completed it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

indigi posted:

decided to hang out with the Black Eagles again, Edelgard had such good stat luck that Rhea couldn’t damage her. just swung away with Amyr til she croaked

maybe I’ll finally play through the DLC, I was annoyed that I wasn’t allowed to recruit them to my house cause I hadn’t completed it

You don't have to actually finish Cindered Shadows to get Yuri & Co. Just gotta reach the final boss.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Another trailer dropped the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TrSaoYmZ8

Things I/other sickos on twitter noticed: Playable(?) Monica(the real one maybe?), A man who has to be Holst was fighting a man that is probably Caspar's dad, Dedue has a beard(!)

Also the JP site says that Shez's whole deal is they got they rear end whupped by Byleth pre OG game and now they've vowed to get revenge or something by enrolling in the academy.

My biggest question at this point is WHERE'S SYLVAIN?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If I knew how much like Suikoden 3 combat this game was I'dve bought it so long ago. Thank you TriStrat for getting me back into SRPGs.

Anyway I'm only starting the second half so gotta bail the thread, loving this

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Did not expect the mobile game to spell this out

https://twitter.com/raidenskiana/status/1523972917456949248

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

whatever Seteth u bitch

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
lmao.

But also that makes Seteth feel like even more of a bumbling Mr. Magoo. Just uh never really bothered asking Rhea what she was up to during the last thousand years huh.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Everyone else in that conversation is also being very nice about pretending they haven't noticed that Rhea and Seiros are the same person.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
“Rhea you weren’t engaging in blasphemous necromantic rituals why I was gone were you?”
“No of course not Seteth, now help me get the professor dressed up as mom in the tomb where we keep all the dead bodies.”

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zore posted:

lmao.

But also that makes Seteth feel like even more of a bumbling Mr. Magoo. Just uh never really bothered asking Rhea what she was up to during the last thousand years huh.
Part of that is due to how poorly the game conveys Seteth's situation. Much like how Flayn fell into a coma after Tailtean and has missed nearly a thousand years of the world, it is implied that Seteth has also been severely out of touch with the rest of the world until about maybe a few years prior to the start of the game. One of the things Seteth has been doing on the side while the main plot is going on is catching up on the world and what Rhea has been doing, and he is equally appalled at Rhea's behavior. It's not helped that Rhea acts so brazen and careless around Byleth (which to Seteth, is horrendously out of character for Rhea) that by the time Byleth and Sothis merge, Seteth has only just figured out what Rhea did to Byleth as an infant. A random student mentions after Jeralt's death that they overheard Seteth and Rhea getting into a very loud shouting match, which is implied to be Seteth directly confronting Rhea about her experiments and reading her the riot act. So he's not a bumbling goof, Seteth is more "learning at a rapid-fire pace just how insane one of his closest friends/semi-family members has become, and he has no idea what to do about it because everything else in the world is going slowly crazy simultaneously".

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also remember that Jeralt never met Seteth and he was with Rhea for over a century. Seems safe to say Seteth has been out of the loop for a while.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
New trailer for Three Hopes dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpCxRE7xCAg

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Oh god some of those hairstyles

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

theyre fine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why’d they have to feature the worst house

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
so the next, better trailers can feature the better houses, duh

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/cyranonic/status/1525224382875959299?s=21&t=OF7OZum89YAk2Oj3ivLR0A

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Black Eagles gameplay trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EGQ3oKDcj0

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
who's the red-headed cavalry guy again?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fire truck red or pumpkin red

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Hubert's look is still the best.

Next week we finally get best house! #FearTheDeer

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m not interested in the game at all but I do want to watch all the story scenes and hear all the VO lines

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I think I'm going to get back into this game and play it on hard with permadeaths and no save scumming and just see where that gets me. Since I've forgotten literally everything about how the game works and how to buys swords and stuff and how combat works and how the routes diverge from one another, I expect to have a hard time.

edit:

So I bought the expansion pass for the first time. Also, I need my joy cons to recharge because I haven't used the Switch in a good long while. But I'll be playing the game soon enough.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 21, 2022

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNllTZWziQc

Golden Deer stay winning!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Actually love Marianne's new look :allears:

And my boys Raph and Ignatz! Best house

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Well it's been a week since I made the post above and I played about 20m which was the opening cutscene up to the start of the tutorial fight.

I'm going to eat some sausages in baked rolls while my joycons charge and then actually play the game.

edit:

And, as I said above, I'm expecting to do terribly.

edit:

I'll go with Dimitri because I don't think I've done that before.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 28, 2022

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New trailer, shows off the Ashen Wolves, the return of tea time, a bunch of story, and a demo that contains chapters 1-4 and will let you carry over progress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f91wvxXAEXw

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hapi day.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
playing the demo rn and this sure is something

how canon was this game supposed to be? alt-history?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I haven't started yet but it's almost definitely alt-history. That's what Age of Calamity was to Breath of the Wild also

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

None, it was billed as an alternate story using the same setting and characters, it is extremely alt-history.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

some of the dialogue from Byleth in the trailers makes me speculate that it's Time Travel Fuckery in part caused by Byleth trying for a Golden Route

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaziken386 posted:

some of the dialogue from Byleth in the trailers makes me speculate that it's Time Travel Fuckery in part caused by Byleth trying for a Golden Route

Incidentally also the set-up for Age of Calamity.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh my gosh Jeritza is my professor this is going places

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P83MiJMmjtk

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/nickostrem/status/1534668996103983104?s=21&t=SYtcrHJUbN6120f88brO4g

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Important characters who appear in the Three Hopes demo: Monica (playable), Counts Bergliez, Hevring, Varley, Duke Holst.

I'm not a fan of Musou games, but the gameplay seems fine; the important part is spending more time with all your favorite Three Houses characters.

E: Also Claude's scumbag brother whose name I already forgot, but he does mention that Claude's given name is Khalid, something that never made it into Three Houses.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Hot drat there is a lot of tutorial popups in the second battle, even with the "don't interrupt me" mode on.