Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

some plague rats posted:

Literally every organization on earth has traditions, if you want me out of bed on Sunday morning there'd be better be something on offer beyond a sip of wine and a lecture in a dead nerd language about how abortion is bad

well there's guilt which is something they have going for them over the Prots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
as a child i didnt understand religion nor was i assigned one. as a teen i became an edgy atheist. then as a young adult i became i dont care kind of guy. now im thinking about becoming an edgy atheist again as i lurch towards middle age. feels good to return to ones roots

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just let the thoughts bubble through your mind, try them on for size: "jesus lover, lmfao", "you love to suck off the cross haha", "durr basing my diet off some poo poo they wrote down before the fridge was invented" etc etc

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I imagine it’s easy to be an edgy atheist with a teenage wife

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

lmao it's taking him back

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Zokari posted:

if you actually have a legit stalker im pretty sure theyre saving all your tweets before you delete them

It stops people from sifting through your account for ban material or things to cancel you with.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lmao it's taking him back

She's gonna take you back to the past
To read the lovely bible that suck rear end

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trabisnikof posted:

if only Liz Bruneig had said the Shahada instead

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hasan's on the beeb to discuss gun violence and he had to move the giant cardboard cutout of the queen he has in his room out of the shot

edit lol no the queen was there the whole time

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Jun 8, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

She's gonna take you back to the past
To read the lovely bible that suck rear end

child brides are very religious smythe

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
child brides might be a religious thing but lusting after children is a big part of being an edgy atheist

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Smythe posted:

as a child i didnt understand religion nor was i assigned one. as a teen i became an edgy atheist. then as a young adult i became i dont care kind of guy. now im thinking about becoming an edgy atheist again as i lurch towards middle age. feels good to return to ones roots

There would be something very funny about reaching middle age and just becoming an epic Bill Maher atheist out of the blue

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slave to my cravings posted:

:whoptc:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
stavs special made me laugh, but he somehow had these annoying tics that never come out on the pod

like, if you take a shot everytime he says "remember that?" you'd be blackout drunk in 15 minutes!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

adult converts to catholicism should have their brains studied by scientists and never be allowed near microphones or cameras until we can figure out if its contagious

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Latest 5-4 was succier than usual, I miss the girl lawyer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tokin opposition posted:

Latest 5-4 was succier than usual, I miss the girl lawyer

ALAB is better anyways

though it’s almost been a year wtf

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Xaris posted:

ALAB is better anyways

i mean yeah i consider 5-4 diet ALAB but u take what u can get

turns out letting the guy that hosed up mic dicta come back was a bad idea

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

ALAB is better anyways

I had heard (maybe in this thread?) that they got sued by someone and that shut them down.

You'd think if anything could bring them back it would be Roe v. Wade getting overturned, but alas alab

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Also Tarik fled to France and I think the time zone difference has hosed up recording attempts

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Omnicarus posted:

Also Tarik fled to France

that's been funny to see. helldude in france

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Omnicarus posted:

Also Tarik fled to France and I think the time zone difference has hosed up recording attempts

lol wtf. that coward

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

le helldeud

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Omnicarus posted:

i thought this was a bit for ages. nope, richie deals and rachel news are happy in france apparently

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Fleeing to France is such a cool thing to do. Real rear end 19th century intellectual poo poo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

some plague rats posted:

Fleeing to France is such a cool thing to do. Real rear end 19th century intellectual poo poo

noted 19th century intellectual Jerry Lewis

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
HellDude Polanski

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

noted 19th century intellectual Jerry Lewis Roman Polanski

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hon hon hon mi amor, the law, she is a filthy slutte

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
James Baldwin refuged in France to finish his book and it still took 5 years to publish.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one of my buddies just picked up and moved to france. which is cringe since she was supposed to become my wife. oh well

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

one of my buddies just picked up and moved to france. which is cringe since she was supposed to become my wife. oh well

it's just her gap year op

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

tokin opposition posted:

You'd think Smythe would be familiar with gaps in relationships

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

PostNouveau posted:

I had heard (maybe in this thread?) that they got sued by someone and that shut them down.

You'd think if anything could bring them back it would be Roe v. Wade getting overturned, but alas alab

they were sued by the pro se family court warrior who calls himself "coach", who was discussed towards the tail end of episode 8. Whether that actually was the impetus for shutting the podcast down, I have no idea (seems more likely they're just lazy)

also I'm not paying for PACER but it seems like the lawsuit may have been dismissed as of a few weeks ago: https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/43389357/Weinhaus_v_ALABSERIESCOM_PODCAST_et_al

as an aside I'd imagine they'd be more than happy to leave roe v. wade repeal stuff for 5-4 and other more mainstream legal podcasts, saving for themselves the choice bits of insanity/perversion that are the normal ALAB fare

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Smythe posted:

a reverse polanski

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

my neighbor, who was also my bride, is 30. fucker. i have many brides, including AOC & Lauren Boebert. thank you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
trolls keep harassing and assaulting me with these criminal avatars. well im here to say thats your right as a goon. if you want to own me by giving jeff money which in turn funds my salary i say more power to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Every Girl is Smythe's Girlfriend (remix)