Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Should I not buy herbs today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Aerox posted:

I feel a little bad asking for this, but I'm on a part of the quest to unlock the new fishing zone where you need 100 of various gold fishes, and manually fishing is absolutely destroying my wrist/hands. I can fish for about a minute with mealworms before I need to take a break because my wrist starts getting hosed up.

Does anyone have an AHK script or something for manual fishing that I could run while I'm sitting at my computer (mealworms or regular fishing)? I'm not planning on like idling overnight or anything, I just need to get through this without breaking my body.

Don't narc me out, but I use this. Basically just clicks the 12 fishing spots as fast as possible in sequence, for use with Mealworms. No crazy server calls or anything, just auto-clicking. It's part of a different screen capture script I use so you might need to add some wrapper or something to it to make it work:

code:
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

tt = Farm RPG - Google Chrome ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
WinWait, %tt%
IfWinNotActive, %tt%,, WinActivate, %tt%

SetMouseDelay, 0

Loop, 10000
{

MouseClick, L, 2569, 315
MouseClick, L, 2669, 315
MouseClick, L, 2769, 315
MouseClick, L, 2869, 315
MouseClick, L, 2569, 394
MouseClick, L, 2669, 394
MouseClick, L, 2769, 394
MouseClick, L, 2869, 394
MouseClick, L, 2569, 472
MouseClick, L, 2669, 472
MouseClick, L, 2769, 472
MouseClick, L, 2869, 472

}

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Manual fishing is the one thing I pull up the game on my phone for.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Aerox posted:

I feel a little bad asking for this, but I'm on a part of the quest to unlock the new fishing zone where you need 100 of various gold fishes, and manually fishing is absolutely destroying my wrist/hands. I can fish for about a minute with mealworms before I need to take a break because my wrist starts getting hosed up.

Does anyone have an AHK script or something for manual fishing that I could run while I'm sitting at my computer (mealworms or regular fishing)? I'm not planning on like idling overnight or anything, I just need to get through this without breaking my body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWbtP0sDhjM has a fishing script that works. (Though also consider whether fishing on a phone might be better for your wrists?)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Awesome, thank you!

I'd been trying it on my phone and it's a little bit better but the repetitive tapping still ends up being pretty bad for me. Normally I don't mind doing it in short bursts but the fact I need around 250 gold fish meant that this one was just too rough.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

Awesome, thank you!

I'd been trying it on my phone and it's a little bit better but the repetitive tapping still ends up being pretty bad for me. Normally I don't mind doing it in short bursts but the fact I need around 250 gold fish meant that this one was just too rough.

We’ll send you so many mealworms

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sometimes it just feels like going around in circles. Now I need another 1000 honey, 250 gold fins and 1000 gold feathers. :negative:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Really torn on the automation issue.
On one hand i don't really like it, but on the other hand those gold fish quests are making me consider quitting the game.

I don't mind the other grinds, the type that simply take x amount of calendar days (e.g. honey) or the ones where you need e.g. a thousand green cloaks. Fishing gold fish however is such a pain in the rear end. It is the only part of the game that is twitch based gameplay and the drop rates are horrible.

I keep going in circles whether or not to start using automation. The main thing stopping me is i don't want to get banned.

(I don't care what other players do wrt automation, as long as they don't gently caress up the entire game like those botters did a month or so ago)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ineptitude posted:

I don't mind the other grinds, the type that simply take x amount of calendar days (e.g. honey) or the ones where you need e.g. a thousand green cloaks. Fishing gold fish however is such a pain in the rear end. It is the only part of the game that is twitch based gameplay and the drop rates are horrible.

Here's what to do:

Ask in giveaways chat for the kinds of gold fish that can be mailed.

Then, throw them in the Wishing Well. Gold fish can be cross-converted to the other types in this way.

Check out "WW Wants" in the library to see how to get the different types of fish.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Red alert! This is not a drill.

Firestream just made it so that using Apple Cider increases item drop rates.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Quackles posted:

"the increase is anywhere from 3-10% more per zone"
So maybe not worth MAKING apple ciders just yet but using the ones you've got? Sure why not.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

update: the item gains in Whispering Creek are SUBSTANTIAL

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

3600 eggplant, no rune. Crying face emoji.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

obi_ant posted:

I upgraded it and it was just a button that allows you to sell everything that isn’t locked. So make sure your gold poo poo is locked.

Happened to me. It's still one of the more useful upgrades in the game.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

super sweet best pal posted:

Happened to me. It's still one of the more useful upgrades in the game.

I went ahead and bought it and locked some random fish that had a few quests left. Left all the lake Minerva and Large Island fish alone.

It’s worth it to take five minutes and clean up the flea market.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Saxophone posted:

3600 eggplant, no rune. Crying face emoji.

Ignore me, of course you can’t trade Runestones

koshmar fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 9, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
84%

I have 99 fishing and crafting but still in corn jail. The end is so close…

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
This ties into the topic of automation/autoclickers. I didn't think apple ciders were really worth it if you were using an autoclicker, but now this changes the math a little. Even more so with that 25% perk to ciders.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

koshmar posted:

Ignore me, of course you can’t trade Runestones

It’s ok, as is goon tradition, complaining works.

On to hops jail.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Saxophone posted:

It’s ok, as is goon tradition, complaining works.

On to hops jail.

At least with hops jail you've got George to lean on.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

"the increase is anywhere from 3-10% more per zone"
So maybe not worth MAKING apple ciders just yet but using the ones you've got? Sure why not.

For a while I was a purist and thought it best to eat the apples instead of lose out on potential stamina by making ciders. Then I realized I’m short on time and never use all of my stamina on any given day so now I crank out ciders because I’m lazy.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I hit farming 60 and exploring 60 and unlocked ember lagoon all at once. Man, the choice paralysis on what to do next is strong. There are so many helpful things I can invest in right now.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Umbreon posted:

I hit farming 60 and exploring 60 and unlocked ember lagoon all at once. Man, the choice paralysis on what to do next is strong. There are so many helpful things I can invest in right now.

I'm about to hit 60x4 and I don't have nearly enough runestones. I'm missing like 4 individual ones for each of the orbs.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Large Testicles posted:

I'm about to hit 60x4 and I don't have nearly enough runestones. I'm missing like 4 individual ones for each of the orbs.

A bunch of the first 10 can come from the wishing well, have you been using that?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Umbreon posted:

A bunch of the first 10 can come from the wishing well, have you been using that?

yeah, but i'm gonna have to look up what all i should be throwing in apparently, i've been tossing in gold peppers cause i'm swimming in them and i knew that gold veg could do it but now that i'm looking at it, each one varies

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
In addition to the 30 part corn quest I have, I also just got a quest to get runestone 11. Is this what corn jail is?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Umbreon posted:

In addition to the 30 part corn quest I have, I also just got a quest to get runestone 11. Is this what corn jail is?

Welcome.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I just got my Tribal Mask! From what I can gather (since I can't make large nets yet), it's still more profitable to use my stamina to crank out Lanterns than Fishing Nets for LI? I've mastered Lanterns, but I'm nowhere near close to GM them.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Someone can check my math on this, but to receive one of each runestones from pets in addtion to the Red and Green Dragons at level 6 you also need the Owl, Snake, Frog, and Squirrel at 6 to fill in the gaps.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Green and Red dragon drops everything except 15, 19, and 20.

Tarantula drops 15 AND 20
Python drops 15
Frog drops 19
Squirrel drops 20

So whatever combination of those

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Klungar posted:

Welcome.

Is it just 1? Because I got one right after I unlocked corn seeds :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I think you'll need like, 3 or 4 runestone 11s eventually? But there is a pity one in corn jail, and a quest that takes 1 and gives 2. So unless you get really unlucky it shouldn't be a problem.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

by the time you need more than the initial few you'll have 100 of them

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Quackles posted:

Realtalk, I unlocked WC Yesterday, and using Cider I have 5 raptor eggs already

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Holy moly, selling 500 lanterns with all the selling perks :signings::freakout:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

You only get perk points from items that are Tier 2 and above?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

obi_ant posted:

You only get perk points from items that are Tier 2 and above?

Each time you Master an item (that's the 10,000 mark), you get one Perk Point.
You also get a Perk Point when you level one of the four main skills.

(You don't get a Perk Point when you grandmaster items.)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You do however get some gold and like 250 million silver, so that actually helped me toward my first billion by grand mastering something easy like wood.

E: also 2 raptor eggs now, but not hatched yet. really want those antlers tho.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 10, 2022

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is there any point to saving Arnold palmers for the event, or does it probably make more sense to dump them into WC now for raptor eggs? For context I have zero mature raptors right now and like 40 palmers in storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’m at 86 / 97 / 94 / 85 and four of my six quests require a L6 pet (the other two are waiting on honey and corn jail).

I should have my first billion in the next few days, which I understand should go directly to Storehouse +Inventory. After that I guess it’s Frog time, and then hope to have another bill by the time the next event rolls around for the bonus farming XP.

I guess in the mean time I just keep grinding out that corn and making Large Nets?

Edit: None of the above quests will be completed by my having a frog, sadly