Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

yeah that is exactly the voice I always imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Sounds a lot like Marc Evan Jackson.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Goddamn Cool Detective 2 was a banger.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Does it have the intentionally overwritten exposition? I think they've run that joke into the ground.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

snoremac posted:

Does it have the intentionally overwritten exposition? I think they've run that joke into the ground.

The completely unnecessary scene where Blackjack tries to score some slime in a restroom only for the other guy to think he means sex slime instead of drug slime, and they have a big conversation about that and how the guy's wife is totally supportive of his weird sex stuff like trying to hook up with dudes in bathrooms is very good.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Gripweed posted:

The completely unnecessary scene where Blackjack tries to score some slime in a restroom only for the other guy to think he means sex slime instead of drug slime, and they have a big conversation about that and how the guy's wife is totally supportive of his weird sex stuff like trying to hook up with dudes in bathrooms is very good.
I mean more lines like "He wanted a sandwich because he was hungry, and sandwiches are good for making people not hungry anymore."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You can just say you hate Charles man it's fine

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

snoremac posted:

I mean more lines like "He wanted a sandwich because he was hungry, and sandwiches are good for making people not hungry anymore."

OK in that case you're going to pretty unhappy with how often they say they're in Canada in the part where they go to Canada

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
The character and voice of Blackjack went to some unexpected places in part 2.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

snoremac posted:

No Dignity posted:

You can just say you hate Charles man it's fine

yeah, charles just thinks like this. it's funny

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

snoremac posted:

yes, Charles is in the podcast still.

We love our boy.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Be that as it may

fairlight
May 18, 2007

If we have like 20 goddamn Walt eps we should get just as many second shift eps to balance out the Qi of the podcast. Please. I’m begging you

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
That’s neither here nor there,

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I think it's because Branson, after enough brain damage due to the ravages of time / beer / ATV crashes will simply become Walt one day.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I’m beginning to think Walt is the real person and branson is the character

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

In one of the Q&As Branson said Walt is basically his unchained id and gay guys really aren't mean and sassy enough anymore

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No Dignity posted:

In one of the Q&As Branson said Walt is basically his unchained id and gay guys really aren't mean and sassy enough anymore

he's right

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Powerful episode this week

The Hozier ringtone gets funnier every time

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 13, 2022

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I thought the greaser episode was a very rare miss for a D&D ep. Too many identical PCs and lots of talking over each other.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

The Kingfish posted:

I thought the greaser episode was a very rare miss for a D&D ep. Too many identical PCs and lots of talking over each other.

I don't disagree, though I wouldn't put it past this being just a weak opener

IPAs and rpg was loving something

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jestery posted:

I don't disagree, though I wouldn't put it past this being just a weak opener

IPAs and rpg was loving something

According to twitter they were actually drinking IPAs during the recording, which is why they sounded so unhappy.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

The Kingfish posted:

Hard agree. I didn't hate it and the concept sounds funny but the actual product left a lot to be desired

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
It sounded like every loving stream I've wasted precious seconds looking at except they aren't commenting on a youtube video or idly playing some fps game.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The phones playing over each other while Charles laughed was great.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I like the episodes where they are trying to piss off select parts of the audience, or each other, and while being inept and boring an entire episode is pushing it, the bad audio quality is what made this one a bridge too far.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

snoremac posted:

The phones playing over each other while Charles laughed was great.

It's my new favorite episode. Just so loving funny to the end

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

thotsky posted:

I like the episodes where they are trying to piss off select parts of the audience, or each other, and while being inept and boring an entire episode is pushing it, the bad audio quality is what made this one a bridge too far.

Still better then What Would You Do If I Was There Right Now? Cannot believe that shitpile got an E2.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
That one is an absolute classic :colbert:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

IPA & RPGs is fine. I'd rather listen to lovely audio than another scripted series.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Breakfast All Day posted:

IPA & RPGs is fine. I'd rather listen to lovely audio than another scripted series.

Do they take turns writing the scripted stuff or is it a collaborative thing? Because they seem very hit and miss to me. Stuff like Dogcatcher or Cool Detective just pales next to the Bathroom Club or Who Shot Dr Yinz, imo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Dog catcher got me pretty good, but strokes for folks

Latest dungeons and deagles is average at best, but it's Branson and co so there is kinda a floor on how bad it's can really get

IPAs and RPGs was like if Bjork made a podcast, I maybe didn't like it, but absolutely respect the hustle and artistic intent

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1529886602415284224?s=20&t=An1ZGLdtmvkCLpoJcXC9Ug

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love The Branson Hustle

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Charles could address a lot of these accusations by simply posting that dick.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What was the podcast Chalres called better than Critical Role?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Reading “Eichmann in Jerusalem” and I think they should do an ep where Walt Tremble is put on trial for war crimes.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gripweed posted:

What was the podcast Chalres called better than Critical Role?

'Wererat studios'

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I love Andrew's factoid in Fracking Awesome Science that there's more DNA in a human body than there is matter in the universe.

Also how Charles and Branson both wrote a joke with Epstein Labs in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So Bridge of Bastards is a hero-based real time squad tower defense game with heavy resource management elements?