Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Obi Wan: lol she just murders an imperial officer behind a few boxes or some poo poo? and why doesn't obi wan wear the stormtrooper's armor as a disguise, they did that in the first loving movie

e: oh my god it just keeps getting worse

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Samadhi posted:

A friend at work this morning had me do some light proofreading on the cover letter to his resignation/offer of a two week notice. I sat "offer" because it was attached to what can be described as a 10 page missive on the personal failings of the owner and toxic work culture. It had a table of contents with sections such as "gaslighting."

His last day is, in fact, today.

I hope when he wrote it it was exactly like in Jerry Maguire to keep the Tom Cruise theme going

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Samadhi posted:

He is getting wild acclaim from those privy to the document, which happens to be a large portion of the line level employees.

Do you have an IT group competent enough to recall an email? At an old job apparently someone sent a big airing of grievances email on his way out the door, and some people got it saved before it was recalled. Have to say, a couple years later when I was working there it was still pretty applicable.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Samadhi posted:

A friend at work this morning had me do some light proofreading on the cover letter to his resignation/offer of a two week notice. I sat "offer" because it was attached to what can be described as a 10 page missive on the personal failings of the owner and toxic work culture. It had a table of contents with sections such as "gaslighting."

This is awesome but it will 100% go straight into the trash and no action will be taken

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the friend should post it on glassdoor, somehow

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Excellent use of Running up That Hill and excellent choice in using the original since there is only one passible cover of that song and it's not the Placebo one.

I basically get an office to myself when I go in to the Seattle court to work and honestly I'm a lot more likely to come in than work from home because of it. I get an actual window!

Running Up That Hill / Kate Bush generally is getting a big boost right now because of Stranger Things season 4. It's showing up in all kinds of different tiktoks and whatnot, so I'm sure even as we speak scores of youtubers and etc. are recording their own collaborations and covers of it

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Samadhi posted:

I hope he wrote it on company time.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Kate Bush loving rules, basically. I'm glad the kids are discovering her.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Netflix really should have done weekly episodes with Stranger Things

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I keep getting Kate Bush mixed up with Kate Nash.

Kate Nash, who is also british, didn't have anything to do with the Stranger Things song, which was very confusing to me to have a friend tell me about the song and there was a moment because Kate Nash has not been performing since the 70s, as was told to me by said friend.

That said they're both pretty rad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Running Up That Hill / Kate Bush generally is getting a big boost right now because of Stranger Things season 4. It's showing up in all kinds of different tiktoks and whatnot, so I'm sure even as we speak scores of youtubers and etc. are recording their own collaborations and covers of it

This is underselling it it's the number one song in America according to an article I didn't read

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we tried to "binge" two episodes in a row and the second one was 75 minutes long lol. I'm actually enjoying the show, one of the things it does is reference 80s movie themes using visuals and similar plot elements and staging and stuff and it's fun to spot that, and the acting isn't bad either. But man every episode I'm also thinking "they really could have cut the last three scenes completely" kinda stuff.

Still gonna power through it though.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s a pretty good season, best since season 1

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

I heard this song on SiriusXM 80s channel this morning and it made me think about the TikTok gen discovering this song for the first time and how cute that is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The new bad guy is such an improvement. Giving it a focus was a much needed departure

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah the Duffers could have definitely used and editor but the climax of episode 4 was so good that I’m willing to overlook them getting a little too long-winded.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think Netflix would be more successful if they released episodes a week at a time. There's absolutely no staying power across social media to any of their shows thanks to how they release them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think Netflix would be more successful if they released episodes a week at a time. There's absolutely no staying power across social media to any of their shows thanks to how they release them.

They are addicted to the Binge model

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Do you have an IT group competent enough to recall an email? At an old job apparently someone sent a big airing of grievances email on his way out the door, and some people got it saved before it was recalled. Have to say, a couple years later when I was working there it was still pretty applicable.

He talked to them about it outside work and emailed it to coworkers' personal email addresses :cool:

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is awesome but it will 100% go straight into the trash and no action will be taken

Nailed it. Megalomaniacs don't accept criticism in any meaningful sense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I work for a streamer and everyone is tinkering with different release schedules these days

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

They are.

https://twitter.com/jakebrodes/status/1533983241681649664?s=20&t=pfROy56NnQAlYfzvtTTJww

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

definitely through the worst of covid this time and have moved onto the "eat everything in sight" phase

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

I heard this song on SiriusXM 80s channel this morning and it made me think about the TikTok gen discovering this song for the first time and how cute that is.

It's fun every time they discover a song.

the kids are alright

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
things seem super cool for the michigan gop

https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1534912202502717440

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
split a state into two parts and this is what you get

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Nobody voting in a GOP primary will care that he was arrested. Heck, it might even drive turnout in his favor!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Freaquency posted:

New Nope trailer

https://youtu.be/jD5zFaiu3EQ

I think… this might be good?

Between this and the teaser, it feels like the studio has no idea how they want to market this thing. That doesn't necessarily mean the movie is going to be bad, but it looks like Peele is walking a pretty difficult tightrope in terms of tone. I'm getting The Happening vibes.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

The new bad guy is such an improvement. Giving it a focus was a much needed departure

The new bad guy is cool as gently caress, although I thought the reveal/transformation for him at the end of the first half of the series was kinda lame lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

Between this and the teaser, it feels like the studio has no idea how they want to market this thing. That doesn't necessarily mean the movie is going to be bad, but it looks like Peele is walking a pretty difficult tightrope in terms of tone. I'm getting The Happening vibes.

I read this as Pele and chuckled

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think generally the plotlines for Stranger Things 4 are worse the further they take place from Hawkins. The Hopper stuff is a huge waste of time, the Eleven stuff in the lab was extremely tedious (payoff was pretty good but still didn't quire justify the investment), and Mike, Jonathan, and Will are basically in story timeout loving around out west. The Hawkins stuff is pretty good, except for the stuff with the basketball team.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I enjoyed all of that

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm at ENR Future Tech in SF right now. Any of you nerds here by any chance?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

I think generally the plotlines for Stranger Things 4 are worse the further they take place from Hawkins. The Hopper stuff is a huge waste of time, the Eleven stuff in the lab was extremely tedious (payoff was pretty good but still didn't quire justify the investment), and Mike, Jonathan, and Will are basically in story timeout loving around out west. The Hawkins stuff is pretty good, except for the stuff with the basketball team.

We're through four episodes here and there's too many locations and they cut between them too quickly. I meant to get a stopwatch and time the intervals between scene breaks.

I dunno. I was complaining to someone the other day about how I don't remember anything that happened in previous seasons of the show, and then I realized that since season 1 they've been doing the same plot over and over again with different 80s trappings around the edges. I am not a big TV guy though and am watching mostly to hang out with my wife so I probably shouldn't spend too much time analyzing it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Stranger Things 4 has been good but it didn't need to be seven movie-length episodes. There are definitely spots where each show could have been broken up.

Re: Kenobi

Intruder posted:

Obi Wan: lol she just murders an imperial officer behind a few boxes or some poo poo? and why doesn't obi wan wear the stormtrooper's armor as a disguise, they did that in the first loving movie

e: oh my god it just keeps getting worse

Yeah I had the same thought. They really need to stop trying to push the legacy characters on everyone and come up with new stuff. You literally have an entire loving galaxy to work with but 75% of what goes on happens on Sand Criminal Planet and involves the same five people. We did not need Actually Obi Wan was sweaty and Afraid for Years: The Series.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

We're through four episodes here and there's too many locations and they cut between them too quickly. I meant to get a stopwatch and time the intervals between scene breaks.

I dunno. I was complaining to someone the other day about how I don't remember anything that happened in previous seasons of the show, and then I realized that since season 1 they've been doing the same plot over and over again with different 80s trappings around the edges. I am not a big TV guy though and am watching mostly to hang out with my wife so I probably shouldn't spend too much time analyzing it.

It's just really clear that the breakout stars (namely Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, and David Harbour) had different and very limited windows where they could shoot, so they all have to be off on their own side quests for most of the season. I don't know if the season really suffers much if you just write those characters out and focus on the ensemble who, you know, still have time to be on the show.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

General Dog posted:

It's just really clear that the breakout stars (namely Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, and David Harbour) had different and very limited windows where they could shoot, so they all have to be off on their own side quests for most of the season. I don't know if the season really suffers much if you just write those characters out and focus on the ensemble who, you know, still have time to be on the show.

It's also notable that those breakout stars are nowhere near the best actors or characters the show has to play with. Part of what makes the Hawkins stuff the most interesting is that's where the best characters/actors are. With the exception of Winona Ryder and Bret Gellman who are being largely wasted in their plotline.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Everyone should watch Our Flag Means Death anyways.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's also notable that those breakout stars are nowhere near the best actors or characters the show has to play with. Part of what makes the Hawkins stuff the most interesting is that's where the best characters/actors are. With the exception of Winona Ryder and Bret Gellman who are being largely wasted in their plotline.

Agreed, Finn Wolfhard more like Finn Sucksbad

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a sexual elk posted:

Everyone should watch Our Flag Means Death anyways.

:yeah:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I like Brett Gellman, but I’m still kind of sore at him and Tim Heidecker for being such a babies about getting Sam Hyde’s show off of Adult Swim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
37th bday coming up so of course I buy a midlife crisis mobile

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 9, 2022