Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Chas McGill posted:

I want Liverpool to spend £85m on Calvin Ramsay instead

With the money you could just build two stadiums and be done with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Whoever replaces Jim Goodwin next January will need every penny to rebuild the squad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

can't believe they didn't use this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ao2u7F_Qzg

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tbp posted:

yeah i'm not super enamored with this transfer tbh but it looks like its gonna happen so i hope i'm just proven wrong

I have my doubts about this move, but I guess we have to trust that Klopp and Ward and the coaches know what they're doing.

I can't help but think that Benfica players get very overhyped. This might be the sour legacy of Lazar Markovic at play, though.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1534685365646262274?s=20&t=ptZH-WS52_825aZMvX-47A

£47m to getting shuffled out on a free. Sad!

Remember him signing and thinking that he was nailed on to do well at arsenal although most of that was me going 'arsenal+french striker = good' admittedly. What went wrong, was it just him falling out with arteta or what

Excited for him to immediately score 700 goals next season

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Remember when Arsenal bought Lacazette? And then bought Auba in the next transfer window? Great times.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1534685365646262274?s=20&t=ptZH-WS52_825aZMvX-47A

£47m to getting shuffled out on a free. Sad!

Remember him signing and thinking that he was nailed on to do well at arsenal although most of that was me going 'arsenal+french striker = good' admittedly. What went wrong, was it just him falling out with arteta or what

Excited for him to immediately score 700 goals next season

he was a not very good striker for 5 seasons in a row. He was so bad in his first season that Wenger immediately paid an even higher fee for Aubameyang in the Winter window

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

e: bah

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://theathletic.com/news/barcelona-financial-chief-eduard-romeu-500m/8Lb8kDiR5JfP/

The Athletic posted:

Barcelona financial chief claims €500m needed to ‘save’ club

That's a lot of Lewandowski's

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

UnderFreddy posted:

he was a not very good striker for 5 seasons in a row. He was so bad in his first season that Wenger immediately paid an even higher fee for Aubameyang in the Winter window

Weird, hit double digits every season except the last one?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I didn't realise Lacazette had been at Arsenal for that long

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Barcelona googling 'can you make professional footballers pay subs'

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

50m striker who never scored over 15 goals, while also being unable to hold up the ball and had no pace. A worse replacement for Giroud.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

He was fine. Aubameyang a bought because Arsenal don’t frequently get the opportunity to buy a player of his caliber, and not because of anything to do with Lacazette. The wheels fell off at the end, but strikers don’t really seem to work in Arteta’s system so.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

UnderFreddy posted:

50m striker who never scored over 15 goals, while also being unable to hold up the ball and had no pace. A worse replacement for Giroud.

Are you just cherry picking league goals? Because he did in 3 out of his 5 seasons in all competitions.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Lacazette is not tall enough, fast enough, or clinical enough to lead the line or be a false nine in the EPL. He works hard and is a great teammate but, ultimately, either needed a partner up top or a move to another league.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/pedromsepulveda/status/1534912687431376902?s=20&t=QodaXzA-aU8Q70NocN5n2Q

Ahhh, sillyseason. I missed you.

(I dont believe it for a second and he's 100% Liverpool-bound if they can agree on a non-stupid price)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Any rangers fans have opinions on this guy?

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1534897958503825411

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/pedromsepulveda/status/1534912687431376902?s=20&t=QodaXzA-aU8Q70NocN5n2Q

Ahhh, sillyseason. I missed you.

(I dont believe it for a second and he's 100% Liverpool-bound if they can agree on a non-stupid price)

lol

"Sorry, how much did you say Liverpool? Manchester United are also interested you see"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

UnderFreddy posted:

for all the talk about Pogba, it should be noted in arsenaldna.txt that Arsenal paid £180m for Lacazette, Aubameyang and Pepe, and ended up selling them for *checks notes* negative ten million pounds

:discourse:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

FullLeatherJacket posted:

for all the talk about Pogba, it should be noted in arsenaldna.txt that Arsenal paid £180m for Lacazette, Aubameyang and Pepe, and ended up selling them for *checks notes* negative ten million pounds

:discourse:

Is there a Pepe transfer to bold?

Anyway, Aubameyang and Lacazette were both good together on arsenal (this is matches they played together, and cause it's kinda confusing, that first "goals" column is goals where one of the two assisted the other)

Failing to sell your poorly performing, out of contract 31 and 33 year old forwards after they did well for the team isn't quite the same lol as letting your youth player go for free, paying €100 million to get him back, having him fail badly, and leave again on a free, but go off if that makes you feel better about pooshited

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 9, 2022

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sourdough posted:

Is there a Pepe transfer to bold?

Anyway, Aubameyang and Lacazette were both good together on arsenal (this is matches they played together, and cause it's kinda confusing, that first "goals" column is goals where one of the two assisted the other)

Failing to sell your poorly performing, out of contract 31 and 33 year old forwards after they did well for the team isn't quite the same lol as letting your youth player go for free, paying €100 million to get him back, having him fail badly, and leave again on a free, but go off if that makes you feel better about pooshited

yeah, actually they were good, that's why we paid them to leave, because of how good they were

furthermore I'm glad we got rid because actually they were terrible, but also good

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

FullLeatherJacket posted:

yeah, actually they were good, that's why we paid them to leave, because of how good they were

furthermore I'm glad we got rid because actually they were terrible, but also good

Ah yeah, I forgot nothing before the 2021-2022 premier league season exists, my bad

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Anyway, the lol at paying £70 million for Pepe is right there and fully deserved

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

This seems like it'll work fine, assuming Spurs can promise players Champions League every year and the league title 50% of the time and have 50 times the money of all the teams round them until that happens.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Dudley posted:

This seems like it'll work fine, assuming Spurs can promise players Champions League every year and the league title 50% of the time and have 50 times the money of all the teams round them until that happens.

How about a cheese room?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yes please.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lacazette and Aubameyang are good and great strikers respectively who performed respectively well and fantastically for Arsenal until they mysteriously stopped performing under a first time manager who’s been criticized for looking clueless going forward. The fact that they were unceremoniously chased out of arsenal speaks more to how insane it is that arsenal have decided to bet the club on a manager whose greatest accomplishment is working for pep.

The Pepe transfer was loving mental and seemingly the result of fraud by that Barca dude who joined up, spent all of the club’s money in six months, and then left.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
shifitng out auba mid season followed by the club ultimately missing champions league by 2 points was a masterstroke, actually

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Nobody’s been able to explain to me how Arteta’s tactics could make Lacazette miss what felt like dozens of tap-in goals.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

qirex posted:

Nobody’s been able to explain to me how Arteta’s tactics could make Lacazette miss what felt like dozens of tap-in goals.

Strikers do just miss sitters. It probably doesn’t help that he was dropped and frozen out several times in his tenure or that Arteta’s offensive system seems to be built around getting lots of low quality looks at the goal, but also strikers who aren’t World class finishes just miss sitters.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

Ah, now the Arsenal pursuit of Morata makes sense.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

The Pepe transfer was loving mental and seemingly the result of fraud by that Barca dude who joined up, spent all of the club’s money in six months, and then left.

Yeah, it’s not gone unnoticed that not long after the Pepe transfer, Arsenal brought an outside lawyer in to assess things, and the wheeler dealer from Barca and Nike quietly decided to part ways not long after. There have been whispers since that the Pepe and even Saliba transfers had something off about them.

Haven’t seen anything solid pop up about Pepe yet this summer, despite him being on the outs and likely to leave.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Saliba at least seems to be bossing it in france, it would be cool if the £30 million multi time young player of the year (or whatever accolades he's gotten there) actually got a shot at arsenal

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
arsenal will forget about the bad days with pepe and auba and co pretty shortly because their current forwards are legitimately quite good and all like 14 years old so they're only going to get better

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Andrea Pirlo to.... Fatih Karagümrük?? 🤔

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Gesundheit

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/MrTomMcDermott/status/1535185952125116416

:vince:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Admiring Barcelona's dedication to haggling the fee on a player they've admitted they need to get rid of in order to register some of the other players they've already signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
De Jong didn't seem that good at Barca, though admittedly Barca have been shite. He never seemed like the player to inspire them.