Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
well now that's all I'll imagine the sun as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

well now that's all I'll imagine the sun as

lmao

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

some plague rats posted:

Disco Elysium is the most :gbsmith: thing you'll ever play

One More Fat Nerd posted:

DE is way too honest about the pain and sadness of being a communist in a late capitalist world to be called "Propaganda".

boofhead posted:

My first/only play through I kept trying to make choices that might help Harry recover and become a stable, functioning human being. The game was not very impressed with me

Thanks folks. I'm pretty sure this isn't the game for me. "Irreperable misery" is exactly the opposite of what I enjoy. I always want to at least pretend in videogames that I'm making the world a better place and solving the problems and everyone ends up happy, and that's pretty clearly not this game's thing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Play the game coward. It is very good and it will make you feel actual emotions

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The only emotion I felt playing it was boredom.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CainFortea posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hyperlynx posted:

Thanks folks. I'm pretty sure this isn't the game for me. "Irreperable misery" is exactly the opposite of what I enjoy. I always want to at least pretend in videogames that I'm making the world a better place and solving the problems and everyone ends up happy, and that's pretty clearly not this game's thing.

It's really funny and great meta-commentary but yeah if your comfort zone is Animal Crossing or Kirby you'll probably find the sardonic mentally ill detective game to be a little too dour. Especially when the alcoholic cop is getting ruthlessly bullied by a little kid.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CainFortea posted:

This kind of response should be the baseline for a psychopathy test

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Heath posted:

This kind of response should be the baseline for a psychopathy test

The dialogue is all "chicken monkey squirrel lol so random!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Imagine having feelings because some pixels did a dance and said "Imma communist, Kim" *fatally shits pants*.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the venn diagram of disco elysium enjoyers and people who know too much about about podcast host personal lives is a perfect circle

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

the venn diagram of disco elysium enjoyers and people who know too much about about podcast host personal lives is a perfect circle

I've heard of a chapo

One of them is a fyad goon I think

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sound On

https://www.tiktok.com/@kd0dd5/video/6881450414034668802

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

This is the stupidest loving thing I've ever heard, and I listen to cum town

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I coincidentally begun DE just a couple of days ago and I finally get the memes. It's the best thing I've played in years, I can't imagine being unable to enjoy it, lmao

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Smoke some weed and play some Stardew homey

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

Its actually full of moments of joy. You have to fight for some of them. And others stand out because of the misery. It's the whole package.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DE was excellent. it's probably better now that they've taken the podcasters out and replaced them with people whose job it is to have good voices

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
A couple voices are actually a bit weaker.

Cuno is the most noticeable one.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mokinokaro posted:

I thought so too until I went back and listened to the original voice and no they made the right choice to recast him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:siren:request:siren:
Does anyone have the comic panel edit where Thor is sinking in lava but has a creamsicle and is smiling? (Is it from a Photoshop Friday?) I can't figure out how to get Goggle to find it :(

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mokinokaro posted:

What are ya talking about ya ****** Cuno is fuckin STRONG

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hi everyone, allow me to try and mediate the conversation a bit.

Disco Elysium is a tough game to explain. I am phenomenally bad at explaining why I like anything to begin with and regularly do not do so. Despite that, I will say that it's not nearly as tragic a game as people make it out to be. The beginning is tough though, you're tasked with investigating a week-old rotting corpse after you yourself have gone on such a liquor-fueled bender that you've forgotten nearly every piece of your identity, from your name your profession, your address and every relationship you previously had. So it's a Bethesda character creator but a bit more preamble before you can make decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_MqK4rB_Js

I haven't finished the game yet, I've barely started it, but on the relentless, hopeless misery scale, if The Last of Us Part 2 is a 4 then the beginning of DE is about a 7.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't even gotten the body down from the tree yet and I've died twice. I don't love the game so far but it's absolutely compelling and well made.

Jezza of OZPOS has a new favorite as of 11:13 on Jun 10, 2022

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why are you talking about dork games in the meme thread

post fuckin memes you heretics

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
U first

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am not a content creator, I am a consumer, which is just as important thank you very much

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/RsFlERv.mp4

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i will not allow anyone to mediate the conversation. disco elysium directly caused 9/11

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not familiar with Payday so I have no quality control for their memes.

https://i.imgur.com/dcsU2gR.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jun 10, 2022

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
only payday meme I remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-LBp4sH7w

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Isn't that Killing Floor?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

CainFortea posted:

Ahedonia really sucks.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not familiar with Payday so I have no quality control for their memes.

https://i.imgur.com/dcsU2gR.mp4

I haven't played PD2 in ages but ahhh yeah that's the stuff. Click the police.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Zereth posted:

Isn't that Killing Floor?

Yeah they should've posted this instead

https://youtu.be/Pcy45MlI-lA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo