Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I guess it's no real surprise when you read the specs. The hybrid makes only 20hp less, 60ft/lbs more torque, weighs less and doesn't have the jumbo tyres slowing it down.

Hybrid Raptor when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The electric torque would also be available all the time too right? Like from 0 rpm right to redline max torque from it the whole time if I'm not mistaken.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zero One posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54rd90l78nA

It's really expensive. It's huge. It's totally impractical.

But it looks really cool.

this is part of the "complains about taxes and gas prices" starter pack

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Complaining about gas prices is now officially off my "you're automatically a shithead" list as of a few months ago.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Complaining about gas prices is now officially off my "you're automatically a shithead" list as of a few months ago.

Yup, When I notice how much it's costing to fill up things are pretty hosed.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

$6.50/gal for 93 today. The future sucks.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Fuel is never ever going to be cheap again, EVs are here in a big way so oil companies are sucking up all the profit they can as their market shrinks.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
pretty sure we export refined gasoline so i'm sure that's not helping. doubt the market is "shrinking"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

BraveUlysses posted:

pretty sure we export refined gasoline so i'm sure that's not helping. doubt the market is "shrinking"

No but there isn't investment going into oil like it used to be, the crash during Covid probably didn't help either.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It’s all profit taking and they are going to continue to price gouge unless demand collapses or we get rid of the GOP and actually pass anti-gouging legislation.

So, get used to it. There’s no end in sight.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Gas prices typically go down when the republicans win. Make of that what you will.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

$6.50/gal for 93 today. The future sucks.

Converted to US units, gas is $10.50/gal here in Finland. The future is here already.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah it cost 150€ to fill up from nearly empty tank with diesel just the other day.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Gas prices typically go down when the republicans win. Make of that what you will.

There is nothing to "make" since fuel prices are up across the world, this isn't a USA thing lmao

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Who would have thought that letting OPEC run as a monopoly with no pushback would gently caress us as soon as their last bit of competition dried up.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Hrmmm yes I will “make” that republicans have politicized gas prices and are actively attempting to ensure they remain high so that it can be a bullet point for the upcoming elections in their ad campaign.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

KakerMix posted:

There is nothing to "make" since fuel prices are up across the world, this isn't a USA thing lmao

American gas prices are absolutely a USA thing. The discussion shifted to politics and it’s impact on US gas prices. How’d you miss that? There’s only like four posts between mine and yours.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

KakerMix posted:

No but there isn't investment going into oil like it used to be, the crash during Covid probably didn't help either.

https://rigcount.bakerhughes.com/

They've opened 271 new rigs in the US alone since 2021.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dr. Lunchables posted:

yeah this tracks, obama basically was a republican

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Kraftwerk posted:

https://rigcount.bakerhughes.com/

They've opened 271 new rigs in the US alone since 2021.

I believe it's been said that the refining process is the bottleneck currently.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, yes. Quite.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Just standing on the resolute desk pulling the gas prices lever

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Yes, yes. Quite.

I'm assuming these prices are per gallon?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's almost as if the oil companies have a vested interest in keeping one party in power and manipulate prices accordingly to make it a party talking point.

That said, the $3.25 in the bush era would inflation adjust to $4.41 today.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

American gas prices are absolutely a USA thing. The discussion shifted to politics and it’s impact on US gas prices. How’d you miss that? There’s only like four posts between mine and yours.

Yeah and I'm saying that doesn't matter.
Demand isn't a sure thing anymore since oil barrels went negative, remember? Suddenly oil isn't a sure thing if demand can just crater so easily, driven by transport.

KillHour posted:

Just standing on the resolute desk pulling the gas prices lever

It's this sort of idea, it's absurd. If the USA elects 6 Trumps all at once it doesn't matter, the writing is on the wall for oil demand and the companies are aware of it. Might as well squeeze all the profits you can since there is no demand growth you can assume will be there anymore, as the negative barrel cost has made very clear.

https://www.motor1.com/news/590983/2023-bmw-m2-last-combustion-engine/

It's really over this time for ICE, better adjust to the new world moving forward. Virtual Reality is real, computers can spit out indistinguishable -from-human-made art, Porsche makes the world's best wagon and our dystopia forms ever clearer. Also hold on to your classic cars no matter what they are since lmao if you think those will ever be inexpensive ever again!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i get that its funny that oil went negative for a day but you're being really disingenuous as to why that happened, on that very specific day

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I think whatever the resolution is to the war in Ukraine will settle gas prices. Saudi Arabia at some point in this crisis could have probably upped production and eased some of this, but it is probably too late for that and they don't have a president who they bribe anymore, so they weren't inclined to help.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i get that its funny that oil went negative for a day but you're being really disingenuous as to why that happened, on that very specific day

That it happened at all is the whole deal, not why.

Like hey maybe I'm totally wrong and we'll all laugh heartily as we fill up our trucks with under $3 a gallon diesel.

It also probably doesn't have much to do with Ukraine either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQbmpecxS2w

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

KakerMix posted:

That it happened at all is the whole deal, not why.

Like hey maybe I'm totally wrong and we'll all laugh heartily as we fill up our trucks with under $3 a gallon diesel.

It also probably doesn't have much to do with Ukraine either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQbmpecxS2w

It happened because of derivative financial instruments. You should do a google and learn about futures contracts etc. It was only negative overnight, not during market hours if i remember. There are plenty of explainers about it.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 10, 2022

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

New Lotus is so drat good looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_jGkBzhIp4

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Life keeps finding new ways to remind me that financial literacy is a privilege.

I also need to remind my kid that car salesmen, however friendly, are not your friend.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ola posted:

New Lotus is so drat good looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_jGkBzhIp4

I tried turning my monitor on and I still think it's meh

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Russian Bear posted:

It happened because of derivative financial instruments. You should do a google and learn about futures contracts etc. It was only negative overnight, not during market hours if i remember. There are plenty of explainers about it.

We'll see in a year or twos time where fuel prices are. I hope they are back to what we are used to, but I suspect they won't be.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

e: nvm I dont know how to read.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

yeah this tracks, obama basically was a republican

The record high gas prices and price crash both happened under W :v:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
On one hand Republicans will mismanage a pandemic so badly the demand for gas will crater causing prices to be low, so who is to say if that is good or bad.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

On one hand Republicans will mismanage a pandemic so badly the demand for gas will crater causing prices to be low, so who is to say if that is good or bad.

While decimating their voter base lmao

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I hope the emira doesnt become a collector's item because i am buying the poo poo out of it if it depreciates a lil'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Elephanthead posted:

Thank goodness Covid ended in 2021 so everyone could get back to driving everywhere