Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for taking my stepdaughter's "camp money" to get my daughter new glasses?

quote:

She breaks her dad's stuff when she gets angry sometimes. He just takes away her electronics/internet access as punishement and that's it. Then she does it again.

holy god, leave this man and his lovely daughter

Also there's some douchebag in the comments going "wahhhh it's CHILDISH to not discuss it with him beforehand and now the stepdaughter won't like you!"

Mx. posted:

AITA for getting my interviewer fired?

eddie sounds like a real time creep

quote:

My parents think I'm looking for excuses not to work. which is not true but I've been having hard luck for months.

He was over the line, but clearly you just wanted an excuse to not take the job or you'd have accepted the harassment!

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mx. posted:

YTA for making a sexual predator face consequences for his actions, and now the moderators will be deleting your post

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mx. posted:

it's never the first offense for those kinds of people, unless upon getting told they would face a minor chastisement for their actions they freak out and flip the desk over and starting screaming slurs.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

"Advocate for both daughters equally by letting mine get away with bullying yours and breaking her poo poo, leaving her disabled until I decide to act on it!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for taking my stepdaughter's "camp money" to get my daughter new glasses?

How is "I'll refill my daughter's camp money next month" not the better solution than keeping a kid without glasses for a whole loving month? loving shithead fucker gently caress.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How is "I'll refill my daughter's camp money next month" not the better solution than keeping a kid without glasses for a whole loving month? loving shithead fucker gently caress.

Because he was never going to pay for the glasses.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tendales posted:

Because he was never going to pay for the glasses.

That's a fair cop. (Divorce him OP)

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

The world needs more creeps to suffer. Hopefully Interview Creep stands on a rusty nail.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ChickenDoodle posted:

The world needs more creeps to suffer. Hopefully Interview Creep stands on a rusty nail.

quote:

YTA You acted in a very immature, revengeful manner. Your attitude was unprofessional. Asking about weaknesses is a standard interview question. You acted entitled to the job. Many people don't get the jobs they interview for, and you didn't get the job you interviewed for. That's normal.

creep? what was creepy? all i saw was OP being unprofessional

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going back a page to language chat: (sorry)

I am an ESL teacher, and over the last 15 years I have lived in 3 different countries, (Japan, Korea and China), and one of my major bugbears is people who don't even try to learn the local language. And I have met far too many of these arseholes.

It is even worse when they are in a relationship with a local. How loving rude/entitled is it to expect your partner to communicate with you in a 2nd language that they have had to learn, yet you won't even do them the courtesy of attempting to do the same for them? Then add in that if this relationship is serious enough that meeting parents is an option, how rude/entitled/disrespectful is it to show up at your potential In Laws place, knowing they don't speak your language and go "Yeah, I am not going to bather trying to understand/communicate with you, your daughter will have to do the difficult job of translating"

Adding in from personal experience, that it often doesn't matter how good you are at the 2nd language, if you make an attempt people will warm to you and meet you half way. I have found this in my professional life, and also years ago on my backpacking trip across Europe where I tried to get by on my awful High School French.

Also I am currently in Hokkaido, and will second that Japanese is a lot easier than Mandarin. My Japanese is currently awful and embarrassingly low, but as said, people are happy that I am trying and will mostly help me to understand/get new words as I am stumbling and stuttering in the supermarket. So if this bloke would even make a little bit of effort, and accept his girlfriends generous offer to teach him, he will be a big hit with the In Laws.

Finally, whilst I kinda sorta see his point in that "Japanese is only for nerds who watch anime". Insomuch as if you don't live there, then there is little practical use for the language. But he has a huge practical use to learn! Communicating with his girlfriend and her parents. More importantly, learning languages isn't always just about the practicalities of it. I have never been to Hungary, am never likely to even visit Hungary. Yet if given the chance to learn Hungarian I would jump at it eagerly and with enthusiasm.

Languages are cool. Learning new things is cool. Thus learning new languages is cool.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for making my husband buy me a new Starbucks cup?

quote:

My husband is a very permanently angry person. He lives as though life in its entirety is an inconvenience. I know he has depression, and I do my best not to let his negative attitude get to me as his good qualities, in my opinion, out weigh the bad.

So, one thing he tends to do frequently when things don’t work the way he wants them to IMMEDIATELY, is break them. Except, it usually isn’t an item- it’ll be things like he frustrated with his game so he throws the controller and it breaks something of mine when it hits whatever.

Or, more recently, he went to pull something out of the dish washer and it wouldn’t close. So naturally he repeatedly tries to force it over and over again. I asked him to please stop and look at what was in the dishwasher. He says it was a measuring cup. Fine, I’m not going to drag this out. Later, I’m unloading the rest of the dishwasher and putting the dishes away and discover what was stuck. My GLASS limited edition Starbucks cup. (Don’t grill me for putting it in the dishwasher. The sink was full and I’m working 70-80 hours a week right now. I just didn’t have the energy. To hand wash anything. I figured one time wouldn’t hurt, and did it with a less important one all the time.) Anywho, the cup is broken, and I know it didn’t happen in the washing cycle because it wasn’t near anything it could knock into and crack. And it was at the back of the dishwasher, where he was repeatedly trying to jam it past. I cried when I opened the dishwasher and saw it, and called him even though he’s at work because I was just at my wits end. I told him I was sick and tired of all the things important to me being broken due to his anger, and that it wasn’t fair. He said “what do you want me to do about it.” And I told him I wanted him to replace my cup. He said he wasn’t going to if it was like $70 (which we knew it would be, because I had previously cracked my other favorite glass cup that was the exact same style, and it’s hard to find for anything less than $70. I said “so you break my cup and I have to pay for it?” So he agreed to find one a replace it but he’s clearly not happy about it. He says I need to wait until pay day. I guess it is a lot of money for a cup. Am I being unreasonable?

AITA? I just want the only cup I had left. Just a simple cup. I love simple things- they just never last in this house.

quote:

edits to answer questions We are in couples as well as individual therapy. We have always gone, no matter the status of our feelings. Happy, sad, frustrated, no matter our standing we always go.

He was not like this before marriage. There was a traumatic incident and he is still going to drs appointments to this day for them. A majority of his frustration comes from his body being so aged and in constant pain even though we’re only in our mid 20s.

I am fully aware of how this presents his anger, but he makes small improvements all the time and as long as he wants to do better, and actively works towards it, I will love and support him. I do have boundaries, and my boundaries are 1. Physical assault and 2. Infidelity. I should not have framed him the way I did in this post, I wrote it in frustration. Yes, he has issues, but he does work on them. Hey, we all have something!

edit 2 Yes, he did apologize

going to individual and couple's therapy for years and just can't get the hang of not throwing temper tantrums like a goddamn toddler. maybe it'll happen in a few more years, who knows

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I (21F) don’t want to live or be with my boyfriend (23M) any more.

quote:

Last June my boyfriend and I moved in together. His birthday was in September, I wasn’t working at the time, but managed to scrounge up the money doing side gigs to make his birthday special. (PS5, a trip out of town and tickets to a NFL Game while we weee out of town) - and I’m not telling you this to paint me out as a perfect partner. But for a little background.

The week after we got back from the trip, something in the back of my head was telling me to go through his phone. So I did. I saw he was talking to his “best friend” from high school and telling her that he wanted to “sneaky link” with her friend. We argued but ultimately ended up staying together.

He was slated to switch jobs in January but there was a misunderstanding about the vehicle that he had to possess for the job and now he hasn’t worked in 4-5 months. All he does is sit around and play the game, while I’m left with household duties and the bills. I’m a full time student and I work full time so I was picking up the slack but also working myself to death in a sense.

All was well until about March. I got that nagging feeling again. So I went through his phone again. And lo and behold I find a screenshot from December of him basically planning to go cheat. He’s been swearing up and down he didn’t actually go see this girl or do anything with her. And I simply don’t believe it. Just due to the simple fact he went to visit his guy friends in the same city in which the girl is from… on the same weekend that the screenshot is dated. Did I mention him and this girl have history? This is when I really started to not feel the same way about him. My feelings had been wavering since the first incident, but this really solidified it for me.

May came along, and my birthday came. The only thing I got was a Walmart duffle bag, some paparazzi jewelry, and an outfit, which I’m sure all came from his mama’s closet. Which made me feel as if our “relationship”was so one sided. Our lease was up at the end of May & we just moved to another apartment over this past weekend. I made sure to be the only person on the lease as I’ve known this day was coming for a while and didn’t want to complicate things even further. We’re six days into the lease and I’m coming to the conclusion I would much rather be alone.

How should I go about this? I know he can go back to his mom’s house without any questions asked. So it isn’t like he would be homeless or anything. I’m open to all suggestions and any advice. TIA.

TLDR: my boyfriend hasn’t worked in months, expressed his intent to cheat on multiple occasions, gifted me poo poo from his mama’s closet for my birthday, and I need advice on how to breakup with him/tell him I no longer want to live together.

UPDATE: After a very dramatic afternoon, I am now living alone, as a single woman, currently playing GTA V on MY PlayStation 5 with a large glass of bourbon (on the rocks of course). Thank you all for the great advice, kind words, the support and for the laughs. I really needed it today. I hope life brings y’all the best. 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mx. posted:

quote:

on the rocks of course

YTA. :colbert:

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah it really became ESH at the last moment there.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

gay frog chemicals posted:

Yeah it really became ESH at the last moment there.

I also like my steaks well done.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

As a professional brewer and beer judge and amateur whisky enjoyer, I wholeheartedly endorse people drinking what they like in whatever way they like. Have rocks if that’s your jam! Drink a natty lite if you enjoy em. The best beverage in the world is the one you like the most.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

going to individual and couple's therapy for years and just can't get the hang of not throwing temper tantrums like a goddamn toddler. maybe it'll happen in a few more years, who knows

Well, he's only breaking HER things when he gets mad, so what's the problem?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Shithouse Dave posted:

As a professional brewer and beer judge and amateur whisky enjoyer, I wholeheartedly endorse people drinking what they like in whatever way they like. Have rocks if that’s your jam! Drink a natty lite if you enjoy em. The best beverage in the world is the one you like the most.

Close but the answer is sweet sweet beet juice

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not wanting to learn Japanese for my Japanese girlfriend?

The only reasony attempt at learning Mandarin fell through is because I didn't have anyone to practice with and Duolingo only gets you so far.

This dingus has someone willing to teach him a new language and he just goes "nah that sounds too much like hard work to me", seriously? That's an amazing opportunity and he's just pissing it away.

Mx. posted:

Her only mistake is in the order of operations. Get the job first, then get him fired.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Foo Diddley posted:

The only surprising thing in this story is that lovely husband has a job.

We've seen far too many stories with "Sure, he screams and breaks things and won't pay for them and doesn't work or do anything around the house, but don't tell me to break up with him because I love him."

EDIT: lol, and not even half a page later

Mx. posted:

At least this woman got out.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 10, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao at gatekeeping bourbon

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
WIBTA if I go on a friend’s birthday getaway even if my girlfriend isn’t invited?

quote:

So Jess was my girlfriend’s friend first, and they’ve known each other a lot longer than I’ve known Jess, which is why my girlfriend is upset. However in the 2 years my girlfriend and I have been together, Jess and I have also become pretty great friends. We play video games together basically daily and usually hang out IRL together or with a group like 3-5 times a month.

So for Jess’ birthday she only wanted to bring along a small group of her closest friends, and it’s gonna be a 4 day vacation at her parent’s summer home. The plan is to do a ton of fun stuff: Disney, snorkeling, boat rides, etc.. She invited her brother, me, and 3 girls from her and my girlfriend’s friend group. I was kinda surprised that she considered me to be one of her closest friends, but I guess it sorta makes sense when you consider that we technically spend a ton of time together just shooting the poo poo if you count just idling in discord calls while playing video games.

My girlfriend has felt pretty snubbed about not getting invited, especially since I was. I know that you’re supposed to listen with empathy, validate your partner’s feelings, and do all that good stuff, so I did. I said it was completely reasonable to feel hurt that you were being excluded. However she thinks it’s “obvious” that I can’t go to “her own friend’s birthday without her,” and I don’t think that’s reasonable at all. I feel like her friendship with Jess and my friendship with Jess are separate things, and I’m just going to one of my friend’s birthdays that she’s not invited to, which is reasonable. We’ve been arguing about this for a while now without making progress, and I really think I should be able to go and that I’d be missing out on a very fun time if I didn’t.

WIBTA if I went?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for honking at a man sitting in an empty parking space?

quote:

I [29F] was in a parking lot yesterday, and entered the parking aisle I wanted to park in. This aisle had probably 20 or so spaces, all of which were empty, with just one exception: the very first space in the aisle, the one closest to me, had a man (without a car) crouching in the center of it. He had a backpack open in front of him and it looked like he was searching for something in it. He didn’t appear to see me or hear me since his head was down, and I was driving slowly.

I gave a medium-sized honk, and the man jumped up, super startled and got out of my way. Once he was out of the way, I parked in the space. When I got out of my car, the man approached me. “Was that really necessary?” he asked. He gestured to all the other open spaces in that aisle. “You couldn’t have pulled your car like 5 feet further into the next space? You really had to scare the poo poo out of me like that, and interrupt me while I was searching?” I responded to him that since he’s not a vehicle, he has no right to be occupying that space and that I was legally entitled to it if I wanted it. He questioned me again why I didn’t just pull further, and I responded, “Why should I have to?”

He finished by warning me that if I do that to the wrong person, I could get a fight/road rage incident started, and he huffed off. Was I in the wrong, should I have just pulled my car further, or was I within my rights to honk? AITA?

top comment posted:

INFO: What the hell is wrong with you?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Dude's gonna come home to a distinct lack of a girlfriend, isn't he?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Jess wants to baang baby

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for leaving a couples trip in the middle of the night and “ruining” the vibe?

quote:

Last weekend was my (26Μ) birthday. Me and my GF of 2 years Kenzie (26F) had plans to get dinner. She came to pick me up from work and her car was packed and my best friend/his wife were in the backseat. To my surprise she planned a whole weekend away to my favorite lake, rented a sick house on the water and invited all our friends. Her sister/husband, my friends/their SO’s and a few of Kenzie’s friends all arrived Thursday night. It was an awesome and I was stoked for the weekend. We met thru my best childhood friend Grace (26F). Grace and kenzie were college friends and I never thought I had a chance. Kenzie is beautiful and while I’m not ugly, I’ve always felt like we weren’t in the same league. No idea how I got her and I still don’t.

Thursday night went well. Friday we swam and hung out at the house most of the day. We started drinking and playing games at night. Kenzie’s sister broke out this couples game. Basically you pick one person in the relationship that fits the description or it has prompts to engage in debates between couples. Kenzie was pretty drunk by now because she’s a lightweight and was drinking most of the night.

It was fun till a question of “What originally attracted you to your SO”. Kenzie blurted out “he was safe. And I knew he wouldn’t cheat or leave me.” I looked at her with a face and was like “huh”. She then says “yeah you seemed nice enough and after my abusive ex I wanted a safer option”. Things got really awakened and her sister quickly read a different card. I was really embarrassed and flustered so I said I had to pee and walked outside. I called Grace to tell her what happened (she was working and couldn’t come) and she got upset. I told her I wanted to leave. She said I didn’t need to take that and she would be there in the morning to get me. The night died down and kenzie tried talking to me in front of everyone but I told her we’d talk about it another time. I decided to pack my bags and sleep on the couch. And before anyone woke up I left. I texted Kenzie and told her that I didn’t want to fight about what happened and ruin everyones trip. So I was going home for the weekend and we could talk whenever she got home.

She blew my phone up all Saturday as did a few of my friends. I decided to go golfing and just turn my phone off. I just didn’t want to talk to anyone. When Kenzie showed up at my place Sunday she was fuming. Saying that me leaving early ruined the whole trip. It was all anyone could talk about. And the whole vibe felt off because the birthday boy was gone. That she felt like a POS and I didn’t give her a chance to explain. And she hardly even remembers what she said to begin with. She rented a boat (I love boating) and felt like I disrespected her efforts/money to put together the trip. I told her that I didn’t feel like arguing so I went home to avoid the drama. Some said that it was an AH move to just bail and I should have stayed because she did put a done of effort into the trip. AITA?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for telling my spouse I can smell her privates

quote:

I was eating cake with a fork in front of the freezer. She called me a savage because I didn’t use a plate and was eating it with the door open and container inside the freezer.

I said, “I can smell your vagina from here.”

She’s mad and thinks I insulted her in front of our kids. AITA?

She gave me the silent treatment and I told her she needs to grow up and that she’s acting like a 7th grade crybaby because I meant it as a compliment, like I’m such a savage I can smell you from here. I told her I never said SHE smells. One kid was sleeping and the other was 15 feet away and probably didn’t hear. I told her she’s emotionally abusive for giving me the silent treatment even though I apologized and now she’s even more mad and blocked me.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sister, I can smell your genitals from here.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for leaving a couples trip in the middle of the night and “ruining” the vibe?

JFC don't play these kind of games when you're all wasted, fuckin rookie mistake right there

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for saying the “clean” plates with food on them are dirty?

quote:

To begin, my boyfriend’s grandparents have gone out of town and asked him to watch their house and bunny for about four days.

He is not getting paid but they left some food for him and additionally me when I offered to help out (as my boyfriend still had to work and would be gone roughly up to 10 hours each day).

I went to get a small plate for food and was disgusted to find a “clean” plate with still some bits of food on it as well as, at minimum, the second one I can see in the pile. I was pretty grossed out and voiced my concern and disgust towards it and my boyfriend says that’s normal (for both his house and his grandparents’) and it’s “nothing to worry about”. I was pretty shocked. I decided I’d clean the stuff myself but, in summary, I couldn’t.

He thought I was weird and a clean freak for thinking the plates were gross and not properly cleaned. I only retorted that “it’s very basic cleaning procedure to at least make sure there’s no food left on ‘clean’ dishes.” For some reason he seemed to interpret this as an attack on his grandparents and he seemed to partially raise his guard.

On the second night (tonight) when I was getting ready to prepare some food for him and I that I’d brought, I was looking around and following the notes posted everywhere they left for us to find things. Most importantly a pot for the stove.

The one I pull out I already had my hesitations about it’s cleanliness. It’s a deep pan as they didn’t necessarily have a pot. Now wary of the cooking utensils in the house, I slid my finger across the inside bottom of the pan only to be met with what felt like a layer of shortening and the smell of old food. This was just a standard metal pan, to be clear. It also wasn’t any kind of polish or similar wax given the smell.

He saw my disgust at discovering the semi unclean pan and seemed to get mad and defensive toward me and my reaction, saying things like: “It’s not their fault, they don’t have a dishwasher” “It’s just how they do it” and most notably “They’re old”

At this point I just couldn’t comprehend why he thought I was being unreasonable in my “superior cleanliness standards” as he roughly called it in a blatantly mocking way. At that point I gave my second and last retort:

“My own grandparents are twenty plus years older than yours,” (big generation age gap in my family), “whose dishwasher doesn’t always work and yet they’ll still scrub by hand to make sure all food and grease come off of anything used for food.”

Am I the rear end in a top hat for saying the dishes/utensils/pots/etc at my boyfriend’s grandparents’ house aren’t clean because I found food on them? Do I really just have “too-high standards” as he says? Is the state of the kitchenware in this context actually normal?

I’m genuinely not sure anymore given how defensive he got over the whole thing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for honking at a man sitting in an empty parking space?

She was perfectly within her rights to honk at that man. He probably came to that parking lot by public transport, (like a poor). How dare he move out of the road into an empty space whilst looking for something in his backpack, surely he should have made Enrique search for it instead), and FORCE her to drive an extra 2 metres to the next free space.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

You don't have to lay down on the horn, either. More often than not a light tap will get someone's attention without terrifying anyone.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITBF because I took someone at their word?

quote:

My husband and I recently went camping for the first time with a couple of friends we have known for a long time. We paid for the camp sites and they offered to bring the food. Sweet.

A couple of days before the trip my husband gets a text from them asking what he would like to have to eat. Cool. They reassure him they would have enough for everyone, but with a caveat. I would have to bring my own food. I'm a vegetarian, have been the whole time they've known us, so it's not new or a surprise.

My feelings were hurt. It felt very exclusionary to me. My husband said that I was overreacting, that they meant no harm.

So I brought my own food. I meal planned for the whole trip just to ensure I wasn't down to eating a squished hot dog bun with a slice of cooler water cheese. I cooked my food while they were cooking for everyone else and ate with everyone else. More or less.

I'm glad I did, because breakfast day one was bacon pancakes. She had a lovely taco salad prepared for lunch as well. Chock full of ground beef taco meat. And so on......

But, here's the thing. Now I'm getting feedback that I made them uncomfortable by not eating the food they brought. After they said that the food wasn't for me. So, was I wrong for bringing my own food when specifically instructed to?

With "friends" like that......

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Evil Willow posted:

AITBF because I took someone at their word?

lmao putting bacon in the pancakes and then getting pissed off because your vegetarian friend brought her own food, ruining your plans to force her to eat meat

what kind of loving children is OP "friends" with anyway

OP posted:

The feedback is actually coming from mutual friends. And I admit, I did get a bit fancy with some of my meals. But my days of eating a stale cracker in a corner are over.

It's kind of ridiculous when you realize we're all in our 50's.

huh.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Evil Willow posted:

...I completely fail to see the problem here. She was attracted to him because he was (well, seemed) nice and made her feel safe. That's a good thing.

I was first attracted to my husband because he's a nice person. He knows that and it makes him happy, because he is a nice person.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Cloacamazing! posted:

...I completely fail to see the problem here. She was attracted to him because he was (well, seemed) nice and made her feel safe. That's a good thing.

I was first attracted to my husband because he's a nice person. He knows that and it makes him happy, because he is a nice person.

Rubbing your partner's nose in their insecurities -and confirming them to boot- is a problem, yes.

edit: To clarify, the 'safe' comment wasn't about how he makes her feel, but rather that he was a sure bet who wouldn't stray. Since she's out of his league.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 10, 2022

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I was attracted by his inoffensive odor and ability to walk upright.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I was attracted by his inoffensive odor and ability to walk upright.

I'm happy for you but I couldn't handle the insecurity of a fully mobile, neutral smelling partner

Give me them smelly, odd limbed uggos so I can rest easy

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Cloacamazing! posted:

He didn't make her feel safe, he was safe, a subtle but very important difference.

In so many words she was saying she settled for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Serephina posted:

Rubbing your partner's nose in their insecurities -and confirming them to boot- is a problem, yes.

edit: To clarify, the 'safe' comment wasn't about how he makes her feel, but rather that he was a sure bet who wouldn't stray. Since she's out of his league.

Hard disagree. My self esteem is in the shitter and I never felt a bigger mixture of just plain happy and sad that the bar is so low when my husband told me he's so happy cause I don't treat him like poo poo, tell him what he can or can't do, or belittle him. Guy needs therapy if he's that insecure.