Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, he was hired for IM at a rate higher than Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr, mainly because Downey had to take a pay cut to afford the insurance to hire him. Downey and Paltrow got a pay bump for IM2 and Howard got fired after asking for a similar bump.

Reportedly Perlmutter told Feige to just recast the role since "It's not like audiences will be able to tell the difference."

He also says that the raise was promised in his contract, not just something he asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1534997261268099072?t=dUHkjUYsEPQyOHKFMPuiuw&s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

OK, so it WAS Thunderbolts the whole time

I know there's been a lot of debate if they were doing Dark Avengers or Thunderbolts

also that article mentions General Ross, but the actor who played him died this year

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess they didn't officially announce but it's kind of funny to call it top secret when a bunch of their post Endgame stuff has clearly been building to it. What's next, the ultra top secret Young Avengers?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Allegedly they are bringing back Mike Colter as Luke Cage…if so, he could be a candidate for the Thunderbolts film

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Allegedly they are bringing back Mike Colter as Luke Cage…if so, he could be a candidate for the Thunderbolts film

Every rumor mill out there is squaring this with Zemo, but not asking how that could possibly work since his MCU variation has a much more clear agenda than the comic book one's general "Do evil because of my dad" plans. He'd be on the team for 10 minutes before rigging Ghost's bed to explode and poisoning Luke Cage.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

theironjef posted:

Every rumor mill out there is squaring this with Zemo, but not asking how that could possibly work since his MCU variation has a much more clear agenda than the comic book one's general "Do evil because of my dad" plans. He'd be on the team for 10 minutes before rigging Ghost's bed to explode and poisoning Luke Cage.

It'd be very Suicide Squad 2016 if they recruited him but he ends up being the problem they have to unite against. So... yeah, maybe don't do that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Zemo’s in the custody of the Wakandans so maybe he agrees to work with whoever is running the Thunderbolts in exchange for freedom

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

US Agent and Yelena for sure, Zemo and Ghost would make sense. Maybe Blonsky depending on how She Hulk goes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There’s also government Vision. And you e got room to introduce some characters like Moonstone, Songbird, or even Osborne as like a financer who by the end turns the Thunderbolts into the Dark Avengers.

Like on paper that’s how I’d do it. Zemo as the guy undermining everything, Moonstone as the manipulator, and Osborne as the eventual usurper. And then a bunch of would be heroes and villains in the middle with some hero leader. I figured Bucky but Luke Cage works too.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 10, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's definitely room to use it to bring Cage in too, on either side since he basically ended his series as a crime boss

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It all depends on how much of the Netflix continuity they're gonna keep. You could also have Bullseye in there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Marvel making Zemo the villain would be hacky after turning a different hero into a villain recently.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jamesman posted:

It all depends on how much of the Netflix continuity they're gonna keep. You could also have Bullseye in there.

Cage and Bullseye in a Thunderbolts with the obvious MCU suspects would be great.

Has Bullseye ever gotten his hands on a shield?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I would admittedly love to see a live action version of the Citizen V suit, it's a shame there's so many steps to it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bring in Taskmaster but give her a personality

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Bring in Taskmaster but give her a personality

I feel like that had to be a deliberate set-up to bring Taskmaster back in the future.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamesman posted:

I feel like that had to be a deliberate set-up to bring Taskmaster back in the future.

I’d say so. Kurylenko isn’t a huge actress or anything, but big enough that it seems odd to give her 2 mins of screen time and call it a day

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The one I hope we see returning is Xialing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My version of Thunderbolts is probably just a dull follow up to Falcon and Winter Soldier.

-Wakanda contacts Bucky and informs him Zemo has escaped/been taken. Bucky tracks down the Thunderbolts. Osborne and Contessa at the top. Moonstone as the shrink. Walker as the team leader. Yelena and Vision in tow. Zemo, Ghost, Blonsky, Taskmaster. Songbird.
- Buckys suspicious about the whole thing but is invited to hang around. They go on a mission or two maybe tracking down one of their prospective members like Ghost or Taskmaster or something. Yelena could get involved through Taskmaster? I dunno.
- There’s obviously shady stuff going on between Osborne, Moonstone, and Contessa. Moonstone probably isn’t Moonstone yet but they pick up the moonstone on a mission. Osborne is trying to use it to power something. Contessa is shady but being undermined by all of them. They all have their own agendas.
- Bucky eventually uncovers the truth and there’s a mini civil war. Moonstone steals the stone for herself. Osborne powers up a suit. Contessa loses control. Zemo takes the fall. Songbird, Walker, and Yelena genuinely want to be heroes. Bucky reluctantly agrees to stay on with the Dark Avengers. Osborne debuts Iron Patriot and this was his plan all along.

Something like that. Make it an internal team espionage thing rather than Suicide Squad. And you can still do a big Civil War fight finale and Moonstone and/or Osborne as the end villain.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BrianWilly posted:

I forget what happened with Terrence Howard. It was something weird, though.

You'll find out NEXT TIME, BABY

Anyway, lmbo y'all are debating whether any Marvel actor has been a problematic poo poo and Jeremy Renner's over there in the corner pointing a gun at his wife, unnoticed

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I could see Zemo as the Hannibal Lector type that the team convinces the Wakandans to grant access to because he’s the one guy who will know how to suss out the villain’s Achilles heel.

Also all this talk of Thunderbolts and none of y’all mention the symbiote piece left in the MCU. Monster Gargan eating heads, oh yeah!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

We haven't seen the MCU's Eddie Brock yet either

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Jamesman posted:

What's Marvel's percentage of poo poo Awful People compared to DC's? Are there others I'm forgetting about besides Chris Pratt, Letitia Wright, and Evangeline Lilly?

Can we include Paltrow on the list for Goop?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's finally time for my waifu Songbird to be recognized by the world for the absolute queen she is. Especially when Marvel seems to routinely forget the OG Thunderbolts exist except for Zemo.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CGI facial replacement technology is getting pretty robust. I saw a featurette on Youtube a few weeks ago that showed the process by which a film was "dubbed" by recording the original actors delivering the lines in English (it was a German film) in a studio and then superimposing that footage onto the original film footage. Doing that with a separate actor is a different thing altogether, but I'm sure WB has access to enough money and technical expertise to make it happen if they wanted to.

e: I somehow missed two pages of posts. :eng99: To be clear, this was in reference to Ezra Miller in the Flash film.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jun 10, 2022

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Just loving roger rabbit him or some poo poo,replace him with a childs drawing of a cat,go wild.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

CGI facial replacement technology is getting pretty robust. I saw a featurette on Youtube a few weeks ago that showed the process by which a film was "dubbed" by recording the original actors delivering the lines in English (it was a German film) in a studio and then superimposing that footage onto the original film footage. Doing that with a separate actor is a different thing altogether, but I'm sure WB has access to enough money and technical expertise to make it happen if they wanted to.

e: I somehow missed two pages of posts. :eng99: To be clear, this was in reference to Ezra Miller in the Flash film.

It's time for Undead Peter Cushing to rise once more

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Just saying, there’s a fully completed, unused Sonic the Hedgehog CGI model out there. I’m sure it could be had for cheap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

Just saying, there’s a fully completed, unused Sonic the Hedgehog CGI model out there. I’m sure it could be had for cheap.

Someone hasn't seen Chip and Dale.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Unused" isn't quite true.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

JordanKai posted:

There's no way they could do this. They couldn't even remove Cavill's mustache without making it look weird.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just bring Keaton back for some reshoots and call it Batman: Flashpoint

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super Dan posted:

There's no way they could do this. They couldn't even remove Cavill's mustache without making it look weird.

To be fair that was trying to remove something from an actual face instead of a full replacement.

Still unlikely

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Most WB is gonna do is push the movie a few months, get Ezra into rehab and have them do an apology/promo tour.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The could potentially pull off a convincing deepfake, maybe. It's hard to say without knowing who the replacement actor is and how many resources they would dump into it.

They tried to manually fix the Cavill mustache and did so horribly. Even some ding dongs on youtube can do a better job with a deep fake with much more limited resources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXonpQdOww

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Most WB is gonna do is push the movie a few months, get Ezra into rehab and have them do an apology/promo tour.

I think it is a lot harder to go on a rehab tour for grooming a child.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they made morbius didn't they

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm pretty sure the only reason WB can't pull the moral clause on Ezra is because the law suit in response brings discovery that covers Josstice production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uhh, is there any evidence of that?