Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Someone remind me: the same Brits that are making fun of Americans watching DTS are the same ones that were professing their love for some absolutely garbage-tier fast food a few months back, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You could pass at The Chase and Coopers and probably down the straights, so that's maybe 3 passing spots which is 3 more than Monaco has. Mostly though Bathurst is super limited in its race dates and we ain't giving up the 1000 or 12h to accomodate F1 making GBS threads up the mountain.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Alright here's the video of the bathurst lap, I think it'd be amazing to watch now that I've driven it for several laps. This is in iRacing, using the merc W12 from last year, soft tires and wasn't really actively managing the hybrid deployment. Did a 1:35.94 and I think the actual drivers would be closer to a 1:25 in last year's cars. I think in the current gen cars it would be a lot of locked up big diameter wheels hitting walls.

The video quality sucks from the export from the sim, and I had to split it up because imgur doesn't let you upload videos longer than 1min but here you go:

https://i.imgur.com/T8zYSac.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Ssoz8tv.mp4

tryhard

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Custard Undies posted:

Lewis has been an actor, starred in a video game, has a singing career, multi time f1 world champ. Really a movie director/writer/whatever his role is is just another feather in the cap of an amazing career from an amazing man.

We should all feel lucky to be alive to bare witness to the greatness that is Sir Lewis Hamilton!

EGOT
EGOT
EGOT
EGOT

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

xarph posted:

EGOT
EGOT
EGOT
EGOT

Philip Michael Thomas Is criminally underrated as an actor

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Re: Bathurst, I have no idea how you make skyline through to forest elbow safe for f1

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
What are the best racing sim rigs at differing price points? I host my friends to watch races every now and then and it would be a fun time to get blasted and try to race the track they’re on that week.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

What are the best racing sim rigs at differing price points? I host my friends to watch races every now and then and it would be a fun time to get blasted and try to race the track they’re on that week.

Logitech G29 is the starter thing, it's a wheel and pedals and you just clamp it to your desk, it's like $300CAD. But cmon man you're downplaying it we all know you want to be a huge nerd and get super into this and spend thousands.

I don't think it's worth getting into "price points" because there's a lot to a rig, you don't generally buy it all at once. Come visit in the PC Sim Racing thread.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Imagine an F1 car hitting a kangaroo, forever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
My favorite part of this year’s DTS is when Horner says something like “I’m in the spotlight a lot, but my wife understands what that’s like” because they don’t explain what he means by that at all. I bet a lot of people were googling “Christian Horner Red Bull f1 wife”

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I googled "who married the whore spice girl"

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

fun actual real irl fact: i was born at the same hospital sir lewis was and grew up 15 minutes from there. im practically thread royalty

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
With all this uncertainty in the world it’s reassuring to know that that Baku will welcome us once more.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Mokotow posted:

DTS is a lovely show. Besides sometimes showing something actually interesting from behind the scenes, it’s dramatized to the point of being unwatchable. Made it 3 episodes into the current season and I just… can’t.

Check out motogp unlimited if you’re more into a chronological documentary style approach.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
My body is ready to be welcomed by Baku

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Lewizhino

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I think they will replace Christ the Redeemer with a statue of Sir Lewis Hamilton. It makes sense!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's the only logical thing to do

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

happy Baku weekend everyone!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

e:(the post so nice it posted twice)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXaPhotkOfk

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lets go :lando:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

So is Pirelli gonna gently caress it up again?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

loving Haas...

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Good job Mick

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

doesn't look like Mick's fault.

More that Haas apparently can't screw on a hose properly...

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Latifi's car shutting itself down in a valiant act of self preservation.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

gently caress they are all bouncing...

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ApparerentlyNico Nico Rosberg isn't vaxxed and so isn't allowed in the paddock lol. Says he has "monster antibodies" or something.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
My spine hurts just watching all the bouncing. Yikes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

ApparerentlyNico Nico Rosberg isn't vaxxed and so isn't allowed in the paddock lol. Says he has "monster antibodies" or something.

If he can beat Sir Lewis Hamilton in equal machinery, COVID wouldn't stand a chance against his monster antibodies tbh.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Seems like Red Bull have a cheating wing again, looks like they should be banned from the sport and have their last 30 race results voided.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
max verflappen

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
CHEEET

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Also boring mcdull can gently caress off with that "it passes the test" boot licking.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I mean is that wing suspended by rubber bands like an old-school spinning HDD to minimize noise in a beige PC tower?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The track seems specifically designed to make the mercs bounce.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i have a suspicion the mercedes "zero" sidepod design is related to their porpoising problems but they are too committed to it and won't change their development path. but who really knows :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

it must really suck being the lead engineer on the Mercedes right now