Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just got my Tribal Mask! From what I can gather (since I can't make large nets yet), it's still more profitable to use my stamina to crank out Lanterns than Fishing Nets for LI? I've mastered Lanterns, but I'm nowhere near close to GM them.

I just hit exactly the same point, and feels like it. Although I may be way earlier than you, I've only made like 1k lanterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

FreshFeesh posted:

I’m at 86 / 97 / 94 / 85 and four of my six quests require a L6 pet (the other two are waiting on honey and corn jail).

I should have my first billion in the next few days, which I understand should go directly to Storehouse +Inventory. After that I guess it’s Frog time, and then hope to have another bill by the time the next event rolls around for the bonus farming XP.

I guess in the mean time I just keep grinding out that corn and making Large Nets?

Edit: None of the above quests will be completed by my having a frog, sadly

You can safely ignore the Collector quests until you are otherwise just upgrading pets to level 6, they don’t lead anywhere or unlock anything.

The honey struggle is real! I’ve only ever used it for quests, I have all level 6 pets (except onionhead) and now I’m on my final quest that requires honey and still 150 short of the requirement. :effort:

I don’t know about others but I definitely hit the point you’re at around that point of levelling, where you pretty much can’t progress anything and just have to wait it out.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I'm stuck in corn jail good, it looks like. All I have available to me are 99 bottles, corn quandary, strange stones, and fine fishing, and fine fishing wants fish from lake Minerva which I can't access yet. I've got my orchard at the same amount of orange trees as my inventory, so I'm not sure what to do here other than dump more money into my hay field and sawmill for more wood and twine. Am I missing out on something right now?

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Umbreon posted:

I'm stuck in corn jail good, it looks like. All I have available to me are 99 bottles, corn quandary, strange stones, and fine fishing, and fine fishing wants fish from lake Minerva which I can't access yet. I've got my orchard at the same amount of orange trees as my inventory, so I'm not sure what to do here other than dump more money into my hay field and sawmill for more wood and twine. Am I missing out on something right now?

No, that part of the game just sucks. After the corn rune you have to get one from hops (which took me more than 6000 to drop :cry:) but after that is done I got a bunch more quests opening up again.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Umbreon posted:

Presumably you are actively working on the Strange Stones quest, but that should be your focus now if not. Once you unlock a new zone (which that quest does), you have another flurry of activity that opens up.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Klungar posted:

Presumably you are actively working on the Strange Stones quest, but that should be your focus now if not. Once you unlock a new zone (which that quest does), you have another flurry of activity that opens up.

I am, but the strange stones quest wants runestone 11 lol

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Is anyone buying steaks today at 40k?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Umbreon posted:

I am, but the strange stones quest wants runestone 11 lol

Read the thread title for instructions.

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"
Joined yesterday as HGBells and I'm still playing today. I'm very much enjoying the game. Thought I'd say hi.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

koshmar posted:

i am cause that seems to be around the low for risky days. 2 days from now should be on wild tho

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

koshmar posted:

i don't have a huge inventory so I took a stab at it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Corn

Eggplant

Hops

Kill Shinjobi

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Just picked this up and wow, so refreshing to play a mobile game with no ads or freemium nonsense. I’m witchcore in-game!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

DRINK ME posted:

You can safely ignore the Collector quests until you are otherwise just upgrading pets to level 6, they don’t lead anywhere or unlock anything.

Does this include the Anglerfish from the Macaw? I know that’s part of the new fishing area unlock

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

FreshFeesh posted:

Does this include the Anglerfish from the Macaw? I know that’s part of the new fishing area unlock

You need Macaw. You’ll also need Snake for Skull Coin.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

FreshFeesh posted:

You need a single anglerfish so just collect it when you need it

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

Green and Red dragon drops everything except 15, 19, and 20.

Tarantula drops 15 AND 20
Python drops 15
Frog drops 19
Squirrel drops 20

So whatever combination of those

The level 80 fishing area requires Skull Coins which the Python drops and the Squirrel is partially subsidized by the Collector quest that gives 500m. Might be worth getting those over the Tarantula.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The crawl to exploring 99 is sapping my will to live

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
The corn grind is :(

Up to 3600 now and no rune.

What's the best way to increase farming? I'm at 82 farming right now.

Best moneymaker without a lava sphere is still lanterns, right?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, lanterns until you unlock the last couple fishing areas and ways to make nets easily.
The FASTEST way to level up farming is to buy new buildings or crop rows, if you’ve already got the 1b storehouse upgrade and a handful of the important pets, definitely look into getting that next. 4 sets of beets or sunflowers a day with grape juice will also give some good gains too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Another row of crops means four more rolls on the corn rune come harvest.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Complete whiffs on the wishing well for my gold leaves two days in a row and only one from dumping a few hundred OJs feels really bad. So close to the last exploration zone, but these leaves will be the death of me.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Kaboobi posted:

Yeah, lanterns until you unlock the last couple fishing areas and ways to make nets easily.
The FASTEST way to level up farming is to buy new buildings or crop rows, if you’ve already got the 1b storehouse upgrade and a handful of the important pets, definitely look into getting that next. 4 sets of beets or sunflowers a day with grape juice will also give some good gains too.

Thanks! I haven' made my first billion yet so I feel like I'm pretty far away from crop rows and a level 6 green dragon. Alas!

The general strategy for the first few billion, as I understand it is:
1. Storehouse
2. Green Dragon
3. Crop rows
4. Red Dragon

Is that right?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm sitting at my fourth billion now, and am indecisive. Have storehouse, lvl 6 Macaw and baboon.

Farm row? Python for those drat skull coins? Buy and work on upgrading a dragon?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

graventy posted:

I'm sitting at my fourth billion now, and am indecisive. Have storehouse, lvl 6 Macaw and baboon.

Farm row? Python for those drat skull coins? Buy and work on upgrading a dragon?

If you’ve already made it past the first gold leaf barrier and don’t immediately need a frog, probably the green dragon? If you’re close to unlocking the last fishing area and need coins, the python isn’t a bad pick. The farm row will shoot your level up by 10 too, so also not a bad option.

Save the red dragon until you have a few of the other pets that fill in the Runestone gaps he has.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Lol, I was so happy to see a new quest come in when my exploring level hit 68, only to see that it requires me going to lake Minerva. Now I have five quests that I can't complete instead of four.

I don't mind corn jail in and of itself, I just wish there was literally anything else to do besides grow corn and invest in my different buildings

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
I’m up to 4600 corn and no rune, my son sits down and goes I’m in corn jail now and gets it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So if I have this right, max fishing xp bonus comes after a 1k streak? Bah, lots of work to do.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Don’t bother grinding streaks for xp. You’ll cap fishing naturally far faster than anything else.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

So if I have this right, max fishing xp bonus comes after a 1k streak? Bah, lots of work to do.

Yeah, but don’t bother. Fishing XP is plentiful (it would most assuredly be your first Level 99), and the bonus doesn’t apply to Nets, only further manual fishing, so it is basically useless.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's definitely the skill I tinker with the least, but I figure if I'm gonna need to grind out gold fish anyway it can't hurt to pluck away at it.

It's.....actually my lowest skill, but that's got more to do with me being lazy crafting nets.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guess I'd better get started on golden fish for the new zone. Bleh.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

It's definitely the skill I tinker with the least, but I figure if I'm gonna need to grind out gold fish anyway it can't hurt to pluck away at it.

It's.....actually my lowest skill, but that's got more to do with me being lazy crafting nets.

Once you unlock the Large Island, everything changes, one of the biggest paradigm shifts in the game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
please get me out of eggplant jail :(

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I hit 99 crafting first. Fishing is second highest but still only 90. Not sure how I'd have enough nets to hit 99 before I finished crafting.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Crafting just hit 92. Friendship ended with Lanterns. Large Net is new best friend.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
lol I’ve grown less then 100 corn and I’ve got two rune 11s meanwhile I’m 1200 cucumbers deep and no rune 6

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Fhqwhgads posted:

Crafting just hit 92. Friendship ended with Lanterns. Large Net is new best friend.

Once you get a dozen raptors it becomes :sickos:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Is there no use for skeleton keys yet? The Macaw has given me tons of them but they seem completely pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

There’s a chest in the final fishing area that uses them.