Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Boywhiz88 posted:

Apparently this has a flap, it's just not in play for demo purposes of the suction.

Cats are well known for not being interested in flaps and not being able to go through them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cats are well known for not being interested in flaps and not being able to go through them

the tube has a sensor to detect if something is at the flap and then asks it if it is a cat first before opening

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I frequently mistake my cat for a pile of laundry and vice versa when I get up for water in the middle of the night so not really confident in the ability of a machine to do any better

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

how long until some kid hears his parents coming home early and ditches his lit joint into the laundry vortex, burning his lovely house to the ground

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

I frequently mistake my cat for a pile of laundry and vice versa when I get up for water in the middle of the night so not really confident in the ability of a machine to do any better

i was kidding

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

blatman posted:

how long until some kid hears his parents coming home early and ditches his lit joint into the laundry vortex, burning his lovely house to the ground

You've changed my mind I want these things in every home in America now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My richest friend growing up had central vacuum in his house and he used it for sucking up bugs he found in the house

I always wondered exactly where they went, but not enough to actually find out

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Bloop posted:

My richest friend growing up had central vacuum in his house and he used it for sucking up bugs he found in the house

You know how they used to build houses with razor blade disposal slots that just dumped the razors into the wall? Yeah.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

My neighbor had baseboard vacuum outlet things in every room and instead of a floor vacuum they had this giant braided hose they would plug into the suck outlets and use that to clean a room. Kind of clever but probably a little lost in the sauce.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

You know how they used to build houses with razor blade disposal slots that just dumped the razors into the wall? Yeah.

what, like an apple?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Vacuums weighed a lot more 50 years ago. Just toting a hose around meant also lugging around the metal attachments. My bullshit 3 pound Hoover has nothing on the monstrosities that were built before plastic was used in everything.

You can still buy new Kirbys that are essentially a 70s vacuum. They're stout as hell, heavy as gently caress, and conveniently whored by cold knocking door to door salesmorons that can't see a scam staring them in the face. Or you can just order one online. They're good, but not $1000+ better than my $100 Hoover.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Vacuums weighed a lot more 50 years ago.

No they didn't.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No they didn't.

When they were all metal housing as opposed to plastic, with metal accessories and heavier hoses? When they were costly enough to justify repair shops instead of just buying another one down at the Sears?

Actually, you're probably right, I'm probably thinking about the 50s, by the 70s they surely had cheap plastic pieces of poo poo. Plastic was getting into everything in the 70s.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When they were all metal housing as opposed to plastic, with metal accessories and heavier hoses? When they were costly enough to justify repair shops instead of just buying another one down at the Sears?

Actually, you're probably right, I'm probably thinking about the 50s, by the 70s they surely had cheap plastic pieces of poo poo. Plastic was getting into everything in the 70s.

50 years ago was 2002. Feel old now?!?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

3D Megadoodoo posted:

50 years ago was 2002. Feel old now?!?

Hold on, let me hit this dab rig and contemplate the timeline.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the tube has a sensor to detect if something is at the flap and then asks it if it is a cat first before opening

"*beep doop* are you a cat?"

Cat: Meow

"I heard, 'No.'"

VSSSSSSSSSH MRROOW-

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Cats are inveterate liars though

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The tube asks what would the OTHER cat say if asked if you were a cat, then does the opposite

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The tube merely presents the cat with a hypothetical situation that will cause the cat to short out like a malfunctioning android: it opens the door and says "do you want to go outside or stay inside?"

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

><

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what if you install a similar slot next to the laundry hole that safely deposits the cat somewhere near your home

that way the cat can choose a destination

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

blatman posted:

what if you install a similar slot next to the laundry hole that safely deposits the cat somewhere near your home

that way the cat can choose a destination

Smart collars for your cat that tell the system to shunt the cat to a designated cat landing spot. The collars will require a monthly subscription fee and wifi access to function.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Howard Schultz says Starbucks will never embrace the union as part of the company.

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1535313689955409921

https://perfectunion.us/howard-schultz-says-starbucks-will-never-engage-with-union/

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Cats will avoid it and eventually declare war on it, by dint of the fact that it is a vacuum, the enemy of all cats.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Why did they use a voice codec that makes it sound like a deepfake?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

if we can do that for laundry why can’t we do that for turds?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I should be able to throw my turd at the wall

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

if we can do that for laundry why can’t we do that for turds?

Img-Reagan's-grave

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
show yourself, coward, I will never engage with the union

he should "log off" before he is "logged off"

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

I should be able to throw my turd at the wall

Nothing is stopping you except your own cowardice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Lol if you have to throw turds with your hands. Work out your core more

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
return to monke

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
you can throw a turd at anything. nothing is stopping you. the monitor you're reading this on would look so much better smeared in poo poo than to have your visage upon it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

throw rocks at Starbucks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Norton posted:

i grew up in a house with a built in vacuum system. there were little flaps in every room that when pulled down revealed and turned on the suction holes. you plugged a tube attachment into them and it was supposed to be like a lighter weight solution to carrying a large vacuum around the house because you just needed the hose. it was very stupid but i don't remember it ever causing any problems.

the key difference though is that it was covered by a flap and not always on. i don't see how a gaping intake hole in your walls would not be a cat death trap.

where does the vacuumed up stuff go? is there just a chamber inside the walls with a massive pile of dust and pretzel crumbs?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

There's a big canister in the basement and you still have to change the bag and everything it's only slightly more convenient

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is that bifo?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think it's Bo Burnham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU