Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

Watched Things last night. I hope people went to jail for that.

My brain is refusing to remember any bit of that film even though the evidence that I have watched it is incontrovertible.
Thanks brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I watched the trailer for A Dangerous Man. Did Seagal really not even bother to throw a folder himself? The answer is of course he used one. The whole thing of being a buttery action star who does very little action taxes him greatly.

Also WOW we go dark even in the trailer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

I watched the trailer for A Dangerous Man. Did Seagal really not even bother to throw a folder himself? The answer is of course he used one. The whole thing of being a buttery action star who does very little action taxes him greatly.

Also WOW we go dark even in the trailer.

I don't know about A Dangerous Man, but there are several films of his where he does not come back for ADR, so half his dialogue is dubbed by someone doing a bad Seagal impression. Asking him to throw something seems like too much effort.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He’s probably the worst action star who got their start because of the mafia and has been credibly accused of human trafficking.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Golden Bee posted:

He’s probably the worst action star who got their start because of the mafia and has been credibly accused of human trafficking.

Seagal's entire persona is like that one guy at the tabletop RPG store who will spin you yarns about his secret work in black ops and all of it is BS. The closest he gets to it is he did in fact study aikido in Japan but he even passed his certification because the judge was notorious for not really paying attention and even falling asleep during the demonstrations. Shooing away a loud drunk outside the dojo turned into lethal back alley brawls with the yakuza. If he weren't such a monster he'd be a goldmine.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The Rifftrax video game is out today, and the Rifftrax crew is currently doing a live preview/play-along session on their Twitch channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/rifftrax

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

WhiteHowler posted:

The Rifftrax video game is out today, and the Rifftrax crew is currently doing a live preview/play-along session on their Twitch channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/rifftrax

I got to play this this weekend and this was a ton of fun with the right group of goofy friends. If you have a group of folks who are good at quiplash then its great, if not, skip it.

It is funny to me there's a small group of reviewers that don't understand the concept of riffing and are mad its not just another dubbing game (the previous game the folks made).

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Clouseau posted:

I got to play this this weekend and this was a ton of fun with the right group of goofy friends. If you have a group of folks who are good at quiplash then its great, if not, skip it.

It is funny to me there's a small group of reviewers that don't understand the concept of riffing and are mad its not just another dubbing game (the previous game the folks made).
My regular weekly party game group played several rounds over the weekend. The vast majority of the clips can work just like What the Dub. It's just that occasionally it doesn't put the silence over a distinct line of dialog.

The clip selection is great. We've seen Measuring Man, Fun in Balloonland, and Cat-Women of the Moon so far.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Oh my god how did I make until today without seeing Jack Frost before.

20 mins in and I just saw a kid get beheaded while sledding by a snowman :stare:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Don't eat yellow snow!

Made in America!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Wow what a wild ride

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last week's release, Jurassic Shark is definitely a weird one. Mainly because it is a shark attack movie where all they have is an off the shelf CG plug in for the shark so it barely does anything and almost never actually interacts with the cast.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Another Bill posted:

Oh my god how did I make until today without seeing Jack Frost before.

My friends and I rented this sack of frozen poo poo in HS (late '90s) and I'd forgotten all but the climax - until Rifftrax had to unlock the memories. Thanks?

[See also: Night of the Lepus]

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Teamwork is free on the YouTube channel. Don’t watch it alone!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rifftrax/status/1532791730554032128?s=21&t=Pr61wFqNiIR93lbJ6maErA

LEAVE THE BRONX

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Bronx is a place I should have left!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:banjo::gaz::rock: Leave Bronx leeeeeeeve Bronx

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Even though this is Italy, leave the Bronx!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Is this true? Do you suck?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Oh no, Chunk's been hit in the hunky shoulder! :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

By popular demand posted:

The Bronx is a place I should have left!

that guy is THE HELL from the Bronx!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

precision posted:

that guy is THE HELL from the Bronx!!

I'm a pretty good judge of people who aren't going to leave the Bronx, and this guy is definitely one of 'em!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Our hero is subcontracting a different hero. Our subcontracted hero is subcontracting a child.

Baby leaaaaave Bronx! Someday love will find you! Break those chains that bind you!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just left the RiffTrax version finished and while I didn't enjoy it as much as the MST3k one it drove me to look up what was so bad about the Bronx in the 70's that it inspired these two dystopian films : A massive wave of poverty motivated arsons following urban decay

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah but why did Italy look like that

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This is still a mystery to me, maybe in another 20-30 years I'll get inspired to look that up too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

By popular demand posted:

Just left the RiffTrax version finished and while I didn't enjoy it as much as the MST3k one it drove me to look up what was so bad about the Bronx in the 70's that it inspired these two dystopian films : A massive wave of poverty motivated arsons following urban decay

There's a reason there were movies like Escape from New York in the 70s and 80s and it is because NYC was a real shithole for a while.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

muscles like this! posted:

There's a reason there were movies like Escape from New York in the 70s and 80s and it is because NYC was a real shithole for a while.

Lest we forget the classic headline, "FORD TO CITY: DROP DEAD", back when NYC was basically bankrupt and begging for federal assistance during the Gerald Ford administration

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
watching any documentary about NYC in the 70s is wild. huge parts of it were just straight-up bombed out third world countries

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Even movies like The French Connection or Taxi Driver give a really good indication of the sort of urban decay that was going on in the Big Apple back in the 1970s, if you want to watch something set in NYC without a post-apocalypse or sci-fi element.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This might have just been limited to San Francisco, but fires went up and fire department responses went down every time a fire station was closed in a poor area. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that in NYC too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MatthewJElliot1/status/1535318612063440897

That looks delightful.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, it's one of the movies from the Malcolm in the Middle intro!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I just don't care for those guys, which is sad since they're the only ones that did Armageddon (or at least one of them did) :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is one of those films where some shitheads recruit other shitheads (american) to mess with Cuba and then die horribly, which, you know, a good genre of film.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Much like other Corman movies the ridiculous number of subplots doesn't make the film feel like anything is happening.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

If I’m remembering right, that movie was sold on the fact that one the guys in it looks a lot like Humphrey Bogart.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Escape from the Bronx and after watching the MST3K episode so many times it is weird to hear all the swearing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I got a pleasant surprise today. A local theater has picked up the live event! I missed out the last three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My theater has been doing them for a while but the last couple ones were in a much smaller theater.