Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/LeoTheIronRock/status/1534923632824262659?s=20&t=nJqwqnyRj-DmrsbrFFaAaA

https://twitter.com/Lucky_BunTTV/status/1534719631872729088?s=20&t=nJqwqnyRj-DmrsbrFFaAaA

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fuckin hell

girl dick energy posted:

Obliterated on impact by that last sentence.

:same:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/whynotwes/status/1534924786719236096

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

EVIL Gibson posted:

if you have the account I think putting "in the style of Junji Ito" will give the crab people a flavor

I've been trying that out on DALL-E Mini
https://twitter.com/ThomasClaburn/status/1534917607786041344?t=w4L8X5LIdPRxraS3d3Fyow&s=19

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1534913001555472388?t=UZL0gNU5gpohpt36HkxXFA&s=19

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1534915714947207168?t=-Cvu8rg-VljGmAXqQ9-kgg&s=19

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1534831975093133312?t=-B9nnynAwEeBOOgHjpNgkg&s=19

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Man the facehugger and xenomorph is great.

Here is a quick story of how I trained an ESRGAN upscaler about a year or two.

quote:

I made an ESRGAN using Magic: The Gathering art but I used from a very limited expansion range. It mostly focuses around a horror themed expansion series (Innistrad) so vampires, vampire hunters, mummies, zombies, and lots of media about phobias and terror.

It was used to upscale images to try to give the entered images a Innistrad feel. There were some good moments.

1) During the training and during the Xth generation to test the model, one of the known truths was a caged person screaming. His mouth was a black void with nothing else. Then I noticed smudges appearing inside that void. The model decided something along the lines of "that is a face. There is a big gap in the middle of that face. *Teeth* should go in there!" The model was adding something that wasn't there originally because it was trained and convinced that all gaping mouths should have teeth in 'em

2) All the humanoid characters in Innistrad wear leather and most of them wore buckled belts.
The model then took a downscaled image of a mummy and decided that all these thin bands on the body were belts.

That is how I got a mummy that was entirely wrapped in buckled belts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't think I can even add anything here, the results speak for themselves

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1535092514750963714

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

ஐ - (ai)

The ninth vowel in Tamil

feels like the machines are loving with us

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/weirddalle/status/1535241168115617797

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

EVIL Gibson posted:

Man the facehugger and xenomorph is great.

Here is a quick story of how I trained an ESRGAN upscaler about a year or two.
Post the goth mummy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Splicer posted:

Post the goth mummy

quote:

It is a quiet night in East End. No traffic, except a lorry parked on the kerb. Alas, there goes me mum. She's a goth. She's a mum. She's a goth mum.

I'm on the phone to her, as I am every day, as I have been since I was a teenager, when she came up with the plan of having me on the phone to her every day. It was a plan I wholeheartedly endorsed when she first explained it to me. She has since changed her mind.

She is not happy. She's not happy at all. She's in a mood. A really bad mood. I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised she's in a mood.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

WAFFHOLE

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1535095535127994378?s=20&t=BdsVJz6Fxoa9vdkwlE71nQ

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1535273826728173569?s=20&t=BdsVJz6Fxoa9vdkwlE71nQ

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Jun 10, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

quote:

Legolas and Gimli at the Waffle House in Mordor, by ElvenD

After the battle at Helm's Deep, Gimli had grown hungry. He looked at his newfound friend Legolas and said, "
I think I will eat now. Will you join me, Legolas?"

Legolas looked at Gimli and said, "Gimli, I will not sit at your table. You have been my guest. You have helped me escape from the dungeons of Minas Tirith. You have risked your life for me. I will not eat at your table."

Gimli looked hurt, but said, "I have risked my life for you as well, Legolas."

"That is true," said Legolas, "but we have both risked our lives. You know I do not eat meat, and you know I have no choice in the matter. I will not eat at your table, Gimli. I cannot."

Gimli was quiet for a minute, and then he said, "Then I will eat at the Waffle House."

"What?"

"You have to eat at the Waffle House."

"Why?"

"Because they serve waffles, Legolas."

"I do not like waffles, Gimli."

jeez legolas stop being a dick. gimli is trying to accomodate you ffs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/Philoceratops/status/1535028096138907648

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

quote:

RARE SIGHTING: Father of Evolution Caught by Wildlife Camera

Shropshire, June 10th: Two years ago, David Wilford set up a camera on his tract near Carwood. "I like to watch the deers," he says, "they're gentle." David's smile is also gentle. It was a pleasant pastime, until that morning when David almost choked on his tea. "Oh, I was having a cuppa, and I was looking at the footage see? There was Rosie [a red deer that Wilford has seen before. —ed.], but then bloody Charles Robert Darwin walked into view!"

Quite a conundrum. Could it be that this grand man has become a cryptid? I asked David, and his reply was succinct: "There's no way that could be."

It's not a new theory, as Charles Darwin did once take a walk in Shropshire. One of the first people to claim he was Charles Robert Darwin was Robert Chambers, who claimed that Darwin had visited him in Shrewsbury. Chambers was the author of The Vestiges of the Natural History of Creation. Although Chambers is now considered a crank, he was a friend of Robert Browning, and the famous poet later became one of the foremost advocates of evolution.

Chambers' book is full of interesting information, but it also has a serious flaw.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Used the AI to do some crime solving and getting DB Cooper's Real Face

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1534805006016081921

And here's a legit good one I managed to get

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Argue posted:

And here's a legit good one I managed to get

That's neat, 'found footage' is a good descriptor. It seems to add that hazy/dreamy quality in compared to similar prompts without it.

P. S. Every alien face I've generated is so much more well defined than the weird blurs I often get for actual people :tinfoil:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't think I can even add anything here, the results speak for themselves

quote:

Transcript 2022/06/05 session #001
In studio: Nicolas Cage

Interviewer: You've mentioned in other interviews that you can sound like a cat?
Nicolas Cage: Yes. I have. *maintains eye contact*
Interviewer: Would you be willing to demonstrate?
Nicolas Cage: Meow, you know. *shrugs*
Interviewer: And
I would like to see you do a little cat-like purr.
Nicolas Cage: I'm not going to purr.
Interviewer: What do you mean?
Nicolas Cage: I can't purr.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly I could believe that Nic Cage can cover the entire range of human emotions but be unable to purr

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
Nic Cage as Skeletor (NeuralBlender)

quote:

The new movie "Skeletor" is getting rave reviews. We sit down with Nicolas Cage, the star of "Skeletor," to ask him a few questions.

Q: What was your motivation when getting into the role of Skeletor for the movie?
A:
When I first heard about the project, I read a very long article in the New York Times. Then, someone at a restaurant told me, in a whisper, that there was a scene in the script where the actor playing Skeletor had to get on a horse and ride. That's what made me do the project. So, I went and talked to a friend of mine, who runs a stable, and we got on a horse and we rode. And I said, "I'll play Skeletor." I've always wanted to play the role. I did the role for one day. I got on a horse, I rode over to New Jersey. I just felt very comfortable with the role.

Q: Does the role suit you?
A: Yes, it does.

Q: What would you like to say to the viewers out there?
A: I like the title "Skeletor." I would rather not call it "Skeletor." We all know what it is. It's the villain of the story. It's the person you should be afraid of. If you're ever involved in a car wreck, you don't say, "Oh, the guy in front of me was driving too fast." You say, "Why do I keep seeing the face of Skeletor?" "Who was driving?" It's like that. "Why do I keep seeing the face of the Evil One?" It should be clear.

Q: The movie has a great story line, and it doesn't look like the kind of thing you'd make at the end of the '80s. Is this the kind of story you're aiming for?
A: It's really like, "What are you doing with your life?" It's like, "Is there a point to this?" I mean, it's not meant to be an '80s version of anything. It's meant to be what it is. It's meant to be a story about a guy, who is the antagonist, who wants to be the boss, who gets his fingers burnt. It's meant to be fun to watch. It's not like the typical '80s movie, where you're supposed to laugh at it. This movie makes you think about it. It makes you think about your life. Is there anything more to your life than just getting to this day, and then going to sleep? It's really that kind of story.

Q: What were your thoughts on the makeup of the movie?
A: I think it's great, because the guy who did my makeup for "The Rock" did it. It was pretty easy.

Two more Skeletors:

Skeletor in Space

Skeletor Skeletor Skeletor

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

PRESS RELEASE: McDonald's Opens Location In Orbit Around the Planet of Saturn
SATURN (AP) June 10, 2042:
The McDonald's Corporation today announced it will soon open a new restaurant in a new location: orbit around the planet of Saturn. "While it might seem like a long way to go up to Saturn, that's really only about three hundred and sixty million miles," said Ronald McDonald, the company's spokesperson. "And, once you factor in the speed of light traveling out on the McDonald's speed shuttle, it'll only take a little over three days to get there. In any event, it'll be worth the trip, because we'll be able to serve you a Whopper with Cheese and a Large Coke, for just $3.99. That's $1.99 less than it'll cost you anywhere on Earth! And, if you don't like our food, you can jump on in for a free Space Ride. We'll even throw in the McFlurry for you to enjoy on the way up. You don't even have to eat anything on the trip. You can just sit there and stare at the unending expanse of space all by yourself, if you prefer. It'll be a lot like being right here in our new restaurant, right now, only on a much grander scale."
The new Orbit Restaurant will orbit at a height of 100 kilometers above the surface of Saturn, giving customers a completely unique view as they enjoy their meals. Ronald McDonald made the announcement at the McDonald's Corporation office in Chicago, where he answered questions from reporters.
"This is going to be the most thrilling new McDonald's location ever built." Said Ronald, who was decked out in full Space Ride costume for the occasion. "And, once you taste the food, you'll know there's no place like it."
When asked about the opening of the restaurant in space, where he'd never set foot, Ronald replied, "When we first started thinking about opening a restaurant in space, back in 1980, people said it was impossible. But, we didn't listen to those naysayers. And look at us now!"
One reporter asked, "The company's board of directors has been very patient with all of your wild promises and ridiculous plans. Why are you so sure that this time you'll really be able to..."
Ronald interrupted the reporter. "The difference between me and the board of directors is, I'm the one doing the talking. And, I'm the one making the promises that the Board of Directors can actually keep."
Another reporter asked, "But, what about the dangers of going to space? When the shuttle Columbia exploded, it was due to a combination of factors, among them being human error. What makes you think...?"
At this point, Ronald stopped the reporter in his tracks by putting his index finger over her mouth.
"I don't want to spoil the surprise by telling you," he said, "but what I'm about to tell you is the biggest secret in the history of McDonald's Corporation. You ready? Here it comes... space is safe! Really! Now all you have to worry about is what you're going to order for your meal. And, don't worry about forgetting to go to the bathroom on the way up, because you won't have to. And, if you do feel the need to wet your pants, there's paper towels in the dispenser to dry you off. All you have to do is ask for them. Now, where were we? Oh yes, I was about to tell you that going to space is safe. That's right, folks, you can trust the McDonald's Corporation. Trust us. Try us. You'll love us. Here, have some fries with that. They're all free today. On the house."
At this point, Ronald reached across the podium and shook the hands of all the reporters.
"While I have your attention," he said, "I've got just one more thing to say. If I said anything we've said today before, just ignore it. We're all still just talking. This is all just part of my act. You can believe me or not, just as you like. But, just remember this: if we're lying, tomorrow I'm still going to be walking around in fake shoes, and you'll still be listening to me say the same things I just said, only in a different voice. So, you think about that when you're deciding whether or not to go for a swim in the ocean of space, next time you're in a McDonald's restaurant. I'm Ronald McDonald, and I approve this message.
"And now, enjoy your day. Don't forget to have your pictures taken with the Ronald McDonald statue outside. There's no charge for that, either. It's all free, today, in celebration of our grand opening. And, don't forget to tip the guys who are carrying the bags up to the shuttle bay. They've been working hard all day, and they deserve it. Now, if you could just point me in the direction of the bathroom... oh, there it is. Thank you...."

:thunk:

So either they're either trying to get around copyright law by selling Whoppers in space, or they're trying to send a bunch of their harshest critics to their deaths...

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Jun 10, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I an fully ready to believe that Nic Cage would go after a movie role because he heard from some guy in a restaurant that Skeletor rode a horse once.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

PRESS RELEASE: Waffle House Restaurant Opens Location In The Land of Mordor
MIDDLE EARTH (AP) June 10, year 2942 of the third age: A spokesperson for The Waffle House
confirmed today that the company has opened a diner near Mount Doom in the East-Central region of Middle-earth. The diner is the first of many to be opened across the Great-Greywold, Greywold-Ash-Forest and Black-Forest areas, and is expected to become the destination of choice for the people of the Shire and the surrounding regions.
"Our diner will be a place where you can get a full english breakfast and a side order of Sauron," said local diner owner, Arvedui of the Blue Hand Clan. "We really want to make this a place where you can come and relax in a comfortable and familiar environment. You won't even notice that you are in the 'Land of Mordor'."
It is expected that the diner will become a place where hobbits and other friendly creatures will come to fight the long winters and gather for celebrations. The Waffle House believes this will help the general population of Middle-earth get to know each other and ease any potential conflicts. "We think that it would be good to have people from the Shire come here to eat," said Waffle House owner, George Whiteway. "This would also help create a sense of community which we think is lacking in Mordor."
The diner location was chosen due to its strategic location near the Blue Mountains, home of the Barad-dûr and the Black Gate. The diner is set to open its doors within the next few weeks, and representatives from Waffle House are working with the staff of Bree to ensure that all of the roads between the Blue Mountains and the Shire are safe for warg riders.
The Waffle House also confirmed that they are currently hiring staff, and noted that the position of waitress would entail dealing with the occasional orc that walks into the restaurant. "Whether you decide to work at The Waffle House or another diner in the future," said Whiteway, "Your life is in your hands."
The Waffle house is working with local businesses to ensure that all of the supplies needed to run a high-quality operation are available in the immediate area. In addition to hiring a chef from the Shire, Waffle House staff are also looking into recruiting local musicians to create a lively atmosphere at the diner.
"We are so happy to have this opportunity to help with the revitalization of Middle-earth," said Whiteway. "We hope that we can become friends with those that live in the area and make this a place people look forward to visiting every year."

Uh-huh. Sure. A great place for all Shirefolk to come eat. Special discounts for your 111th birthday. Just make sure to dress up and wear your fanciest jewelry.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

XenoCrab posted:

Nic Cage as Skeletor (NeuralBlender)

Then, someone at a restaurant told me, in a whisper, that there was a scene in the script where the actor playing Skeletor had to get on a horse and ride. That's what made me do the project. So, I went and talked to a friend of mine, who runs a stable, and we got on a horse and we rode. And I said, "I'll play Skeletor."

incredible nic cage energy, this is it

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

feedmyleg posted:

:thunk:

So either they're either trying to get around copyright law by selling Whoppers in space, or they're trying to send a bunch of their harshest critics to their deaths...

"Space is safe!", well if McDonald's says so it must be true!!

feedmyleg posted:

Uh-huh. Sure. A great place for all Shirefolk to come eat. Special discounts for your 111th birthday. Just make sure to dress up and wear your fanciest jewelry.

Oh god they're gentrifying Mordor

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Interviewer: Nicolas Cage, why did you accept a role where you you play the trombone in every single scene, even during love-making and gunfights?
Nicolas Cage: I didn't say that. I said it was a couple of years ago. I just said I was a guy that wanted to be in a film where he didn't have to say anything, and I had a couple of days of nothing to do. It was an independent film. It was called Music from a Distance, and it was a strange film. I think that we are all born with a natural ability to understand music and to play music, and I think that it's probably one of the most beautiful gifts that we have, to be able to play music. It's just something that we can all do.

man, that took a lot of tries. usually 1-2-3 is enough, but any role i could think of ("a bag of garbage that was thrown in the woods illegally", "built from legos but everyone else is a human being", etc), it just gave me "oh you know it was a challenge" type platitudes until this one.

also it's strange that there's no movie called "Music from a Distance" in imdb

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Okay, I'm having too much fun...

quote:

XENOMORPH JAYWALKING TRIAL: Courtroom Sketch Artist's Clear View
EARTH (AP) June 10: In what is quickly becoming the most interesting legal trial in decades, a Xenomorph
bursts through the courtroom door and charges down the courtroom corridor, easily tackling two unsuspecting jurors and crushing their skulls like watermelons. The next juror is killed in the same manner moments later, and the one after that. By the time the Xenomorph exits the courtroom, all four of the remaining jurors are dead. 'The Xenomorph seems incredibly focused on the jury,' the courtroom sketch artist says to the judge, 'and it's almost as if it's looking right at me as it goes about its rampage.'
The courtroom is in chaos. The judge calls for the doors to be locked and the jurors instructed not to leave until the next recess.
At this point, the defense and prosecution both lose the plot completely. They all agree that the defense did not receive the memo about the Xenomorph, and the judge has no choice but to declare a mistrial.
'This may be the most bizarre ruling I've ever made,' the judge finally says. 'You may proceed with a new trial. In fact, you're lucky I didn't order immediate execution today. Good day, gentlemen.'
The courtroom doors are opened and the jurors are ushered out, the Xenomorph following them. The courtroom is empty except for the judge and counsel. The judge looks pale and shaken.
'I think he's coming for... us,' the judge whispers to the counsel.
'There's only one thing to do,' counsel says. 'We need to hide. Let's go.'
They hurry out of the courtroom and down the corridor. The Xenomorph appears at the end of the corridor, easily tackling the two of them and crushing them like watermelons. The courtroom artist hastily sketches the scene.
'So much for a new trial,' the judge says. 'I'm going to go down with the ship, I suppose.'
The courtroom artist passes around the sketch later that evening. It's shocking, incredibly detailed, and remarkably accurate. Everyone is baffled. The defense team is considering an appeal.
The Xenomorph is still loose, although it's hiding out at the top of the FBI building. The FBI has placed the entire city under martial law and is planning to deploy one of their newest experimental weapons systems, a giant mobile missile launcher called the God Machine. The God Machine is pretty self-explanatory.

Absolutely self-explanatory.

Also, I ran it another time but forgot to put the jaywalking bit in and...

quote:

XENOMORPH TRIAL: Courtroom Sketch Artist's Clear View
EARTH (AP) June 10: In what is quickly becoming the most interesting legal trial in decades, a Xenomorph
is being brought to trial. The accused, a six foot tall bipedal lizard-like creature dubbed "Skull" has been charged with the brutal killing of two Marines in a "secret" space vessel. The Marines are alleged to have been impaled on massive claws and then boiled alive in a space-craft "saucer" while one of their companions managed to escape by driving a grenade into the monster's skull.
The trial was briefly interrupted today by a violent outburst. During the court's first session, the judge warned the gallery that he'd clear the courtroom if there were any more outbursts.

:v: violent outburst, you say?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I made this Hillary the other day too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1535397883842703360

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/xkcd/status/1535239035433754624?s=20&t=kXkNcsW8lfihmZz0bHd8ug

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

Obliterated on impact by that last sentence.

real "your wife's poison womb is making heaven too crowded" vibes

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

feedmyleg posted:

The diner location was chosen due to its strategic location near the Blue Mountains, home of the Barad-dûr and the Black Gate. The diner is set to open its doors within the next few weeks, and representatives from Waffle House are working with the staff of Bree to ensure that all of the roads between the Blue Mountains and the Shire are safe for warg riders..

What complete poo poo training data did this ai have to misplace the blue mountains.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

XenoCrab posted:

If you're ever involved in a car wreck, you don't say, "Oh, the guy in front of me was driving too fast." You say, "Why do I keep seeing the face of Skeletor?"
:hmmyes:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
"A portrait of Glenn Danzig by Monet" using NeuralBlender

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
New image generation technique from Google that's not based on OpenAI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyOW6fmkgrc

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah it's better than dalle but like typicsl google isn't giving anyone access

https://imagen.research.google/

They have a few madlib examples, and multiple gens for each example

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
How much larger of a leap is it to get these programs to do interpretation not based on user input? Could a program like this ever choose what to draw? Would it be able to render things like ambiguous facial expressions, or deliberately choose colors or modes of rendering unlike what it is drawing research from?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FunkyAl posted:

How much larger of a leap is it to get these programs to do interpretation not based on user input? Could a program like this ever choose what to draw? Would it be able to render things like ambiguous facial expressions, or deliberately choose colors or modes of rendering unlike what it is drawing research from?

Not much of a leap, I don't see why it couldn't come up with something to draw. Just randomly initialize it based on something it knows how to draw like [Happy | Sad | angry] [Corgi | raccoon | child] [running | sitting | eating] etc etc.

All the styles and techniques are directly learned from the training material, though it might be able to combine stuff in novel ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Seems like it's having a good time