Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hardcordion posted:

The most generic simpsons extra ever designed: Hello, I'm Elon Musk

isnt that all celeb cameos on modern Simps? older cameos were allowed to massage the person to fit into the Simpsons artstyle, but not any more? It's like how celeb cameos on Arthur look like uncanny valley monsters. like I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of PR people micromanaging the artists because MY FACE BRAND

Also lol at thinking Simpsons has anY shame, like the only thing I can imagine happening is star trek stealthly editing their musk suck out of existence and hoping the internet doesnt remember/care enough to save the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Speaking of which...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpa8fLQe7O0

I hope they're embarrassed about this. Elon is known as kind of a meme lord, was on SNL, yet the writing and recording leave him flat and unfunny. Not to mention portraying him as anti-environment

On the other hand they get bonus points from me for using an accurate bald eagle cry instead of the generic red-tailed hawk cry that every goddamn raptor gets in every piece of media ever.

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

All of the reviews for the star wars hotel I just looked at show people staring into their smartphone "datapads" in half of the pictures. I took my kid to Disneyland last spring break because he likes star wars now. All the rides and ambiance of the star wars land were a lot of fun. You know what wasn't a lot of fun? Constantly looking at my phone app to book fast pass tickets or find out ride wait times. I did it anyway because it's more fun for kids to go on rides than stand in line but it did not add to the experience. I'm a person shaped like a trash can, not a robot shaped like a trash can. I don't want my "interactive" experience to be through a computer screen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Donkey posted:

All of the reviews for the star wars hotel I just looked at show people staring into their smartphone "datapads" in half of the pictures. I took my kid to Disneyland last spring break because he likes star wars now. All the rides and ambiance of the star wars land were a lot of fun. You know what wasn't a lot of fun? Constantly looking at my phone app to book fast pass tickets or find out ride wait times. I did it anyway because it's more fun for kids to go on rides than stand in line but it did not add to the experience. I'm a person shaped like a trash can, not a robot shaped like a trash can. I don't want my "interactive" experience to be through a computer screen.

did you just wake up from a nap you started in 1997

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I agree with that complaint, having to regularly open your portal to the outside world while you're inside Narnia genuinely does disrupt the immersion they advertised as being one of its key points. Like legit the whole purpose is to forget the world outside the space they designed exists- having you use your OWN technology instead of technology they provide like kiosks et al is the part where the designers were lazy and disinterested.

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I agree with that complaint, having to regularly open your portal to the outside world while you're inside Narnia genuinely does disrupt the immersion they advertised as being one of its key points. Like legit the whole purpose is to forget the world outside the space they designed exists- having you use your OWN technology instead of technology they provide like kiosks et al is the part where the designers were lazy and disinterested.

Yeah, exactly this. The phone is fine for regular life but paying $100 an hour to read fetch quests on my phone like I'm playing Star Wars Galaxies doesn't sound very satisfying. I don't remember seeing Luke Skywalker checking the data terminal to get a map to the shuttle bay while he was escaping the Death Star with his father's corpse (please don't post a hundred screenshots of Star Wars characters using the space computer). For the level of experience it bills itself as, I expect a bunch of Haunted-Mansion-style force ghosts giving me the fetch quests.

Granted, I haven't been to the hotel so maybe it's better than the impressions I got.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

At least we have the eventual Defunctland to look forward to.

I love Defunctland, mainly for the staggering amount of work they put into research and production and making sometimes dry topics enthralling (that 1.45 hour long video about queues, a staggering fine piece of documentary making, it should be nominated for some kind of award). But I also love it for the way the presenter was quite noticeably traumatised by the amount of people emailing him nasty sex stories about the Garfield-themed dark ride at a park in Pittsburgh.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t want to be a first order officer

I want to be a bounty hunter that finds and kills Chewbacca
I have exciting news for you about what the First Order storyline is.

Here's footage of Chewbacca being captured, which they weren't able to see from their table because of the aforementioned pole.

But don't worry, here's their view of the main stage on the other end of the dining room:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Speaking of which...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpa8fLQe7O0

I hope they're embarrassed about this. Elon is known as kind of a meme lord, was on SNL, yet the writing and recording leave him flat and unfunny. Not to mention portraying him as anti-environment

the "funniest" part of this is absolutely Musk obliviously torching

a) an endangered bird
b) the symbol of America
c) a beloved pet (?) in front of its family

intentional or not, that's spicy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yah I’m gonna fuckin kill chewie

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Godspeed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Hell yah I’m gonna fuckin kill chewie

You can try, but he will just turn out to have been on another ship anyway

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
This is why the Experience Bij Experience is the better value.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Donkey posted:

I went to Shanghai Disney (work paid team building) a few years back and I think it hadn’t rolled out the new system, there was just a fast pass option every two hours and no pre-park booking options, but it’s also pretty tiny comparatively.

To get back fully on track with the topic, how about we all just admire the dumb marketing move… of THE DISNEY HANDWICH:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CT37IyTJQy4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, I was actually planning to open up a food truck with a very similar idea, but now I feel like that's not as brilliant as I thought it was

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/10/goodie-bag-to-promote-us-industry-contained-made-in-china-gifts

quote:

A swag bag dished out by the American chamber of commerce to promote US industry at an international summit wasn’t quite on message – with some gifts bearing the slogan “Made in China”.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Alhazred posted:

"Maybe Ted Faro was...right?" is not a take I expected to find anywhere.

Dumb Marketing Moves: Ted Faro is the savior of humankind

Ted Faro correctly realized that the robots could be turned against humanity and pose an existential threat, and also knew that building in a backdoor for himself would create an incentive for someone to gain access to that backdoor and turn them against mankind. He sacrificed total power and control over the world in order to provide safety and security for all mankind.

Therefore, he hired the best programmers he could find and had create a system that was 'unhackable', because if they got hacked, the robots could kill everyone.

As it turned out, the best programmers on the planet didn't make the robots unhackable, the robots got hacked, and they started killing everyone.

If Ted Faro's employees had merely been capable of following simple instructions, everything would have been fine.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Ban this sick filth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"These robots can turn any biomass into fuel."

Ted Faro: That's good!

"Biomass including humans. Like, kids and stuff."

Ted Faro: That's bad.

"And they can reproduce themselves, no need for factories."

Ted Faro: That's good!

"Reproduce themselves by using humans as food."

Ted Faro: That's bad.

"And they'll be fully automated, no need for pilots."

Ted Faro: That's good.

"And there's no way to switch them off."

Ted Faro: ...

"That's bad."

Ted Faro: Excellent. Put them into production.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Eh, you win some, you lose some :shrug:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

CJacobs posted:

All you need to know is that gently caress Ted Faro burnt the bird site to the ground and the world was better off for it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

PhazonLink posted:

isnt that all celeb cameos on modern Simps? older cameos were allowed to massage the person to fit into the Simpsons artstyle, but not any more? It's like how celeb cameos on Arthur look like uncanny valley monsters. like I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of PR people micromanaging the artists because MY FACE BRAND

Also lol at thinking Simpsons has anY shame, like the only thing I can imagine happening is star trek stealthly editing their musk suck out of existence and hoping the internet doesnt remember/care enough to save the original.

Older Simpsons didn't have famous actors portraying themselves, they'd always play some character. Whenever a celebrity appears on modern Simpsons, its always to show how amazing they are, and how lucky the Simpsons are for being to meet them. They might get lightly made fun of, but only to show how quirky and cool they are. Its ridiculous levels of celebrity worship.

Simpsons has become bad marketing for famous people.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Jenny Nicholson is Literally Hitler and Ted Faro was right.

Stay classy, goons.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not sure it really qualifies as marketing but it is a self-torpedo along the vein of many idiot companies itt, the Sydney Herald revealed through really poor phrasing that they gave Rebel Wilson a 2 day deadline to out herself before they did because they are fuckheads

https://twitter.com/meghamohan/status/1535597084589670400?s=20&t=pwqBtQaFHBHVBZT5bZ0iFg

Don't read many threads featuring this kind of human misery(:smith:) anymore so I am unsure if it's the proper one in which to post

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Jun 11, 2022

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Everybody who has been to Disneyland or wants to go to Disneyland needs to be burned for fuel or composted immediately

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

steinrokkan posted:

Everybody who has been to Disneyland or wants to go to Disneyland needs to be burned for fuel or composted immediately

Agreed, Anaheim is terrible. Orlando is definitely the superior city

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Brother Tadger posted:

Agreed, Anaheim is terrible. Orlando is definitely the superior city

I've been to Orlando, so Jesus, how bad is Anaheim?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
At least in Anaheim you can drive an hour or two and see some interesting poo poo.

In Orlando all you'll see is Florida.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You don't go to Orlando to see Orlando

And you don't go there to see the beautiful nature parts of Florida either

You go there for theme parks, and if you're foreign, shopping

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Bloop posted:

I went to drink around the world and also go to Star Wars land

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

steinrokkan posted:

Someone should puke on you

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop posted:

If you're an rear end in a top hat who doesn't like good food, huge parks and lakes, and a thriving LGBT nightlife culture, sure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're an rear end in a top hat who doesn't like good food, huge parks and lakes, and a thriving LGBT nightlife culture, sure.

But I can get all these things without going to Orlando.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

He’s right; you go to Orlando to get robbed/murdered

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

You have described any city with more then 10000 people

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Push El Burrito posted:

At least in Anaheim you can drive an hour or two and see some interesting poo poo.

In Orlando all you'll see is Florida.
Disney World is Florida's Vatican City

bunnyofdoom posted:

I went to drink around the world and also go to Star Wars land
The funnest Vatican City

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

those things are indeed great if you're nearby, but no one travels hundreds of miles to goddamn Orlando for parks and lakes and "nightlife culture" lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Orlando, come visit us for our world famous vaguely defined sights(?) and experiences(???)

Orlando, a place that exists

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

steinrokkan posted:

Orlando, come visit us for our world famous vaguely defined sights(?) and experiences(???)

Orlando, a place that exists

Still a better tagline than you could write for most of my state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

i HATE all those things