Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Improbable Lobster posted:

Woke and woke scold are terms exclusively used by people like Rogan and Peterson because they're authoritarian nonsense words that they apply to literally anyonw disagreeing with them

yeah here in the coop kids club we use the words RadLib and IdPol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Woke-scolds are kind of like those people who constantly correct your pronunciation or factual accuracy in conversation. Sure, they may be technically correct, but they're loving annoying nonetheless. I liken them to over-zealous church biddies who sniff around for the scriptural infractions of others and make a point to be as loud as possible about everything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Cool cool just want to give my support for big tiddies.

The human bra, everyone.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
bloody swimsuit mawdel

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Improbable Lobster posted:

Woke and woke scold are terms exclusively used by people like Rogan and Peterson because they're authoritarian nonsense words that they apply to literally anyonw disagreeing with them

I mean I using it right now and I'm nothing ike those guys lol.

But, I'll just say "annoying pedantic fuckwit" next time someone derails a conversation about movies to point out that A Fish Called Wanda "makes fun of people with stutters" and is "unwatchable" for that reason. (true story)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grimdude posted:

Okay everyone it was a problematic take. We don't need another page of woke-scolding over someone insulting Jordan Peterson's lovely daughter.

Tarkus posted:

Woke-scolds are kind of like those people who constantly correct your pronunciation or factual accuracy in conversation. Sure, they may be technically correct, but they're loving annoying nonetheless. I liken them to over-zealous church biddies who sniff around for the scriptural infractions of others and make a point to be as loud as possible about everything.

Woke scold my dick and balls

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The human bra, everyone.

mods plz etc.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Pacing around my 2 bedroom glass box Toronto condominium, seething about the woman who was the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model, like a normal person

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I paint myself in blackface and put a pillow in the back of my pants in a crude simulation of being a large bodied curvy lady. I gaze at myself in the mirror and mutter... "ugly... ugly... ugly".

I am totally mentally ok, and a professor!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

harrowing

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Another Bill posted:

Pacing around my 2 bedroom glass box Toronto condominium, seething about the woman who was the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model, like a normal person

Doesn't Jorp live in 'Sauga, like a true caker?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I hope he gets so upset that it causes further misfortune in his life

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I tried to do one of those AI images of jorp as a fat lady in a bikini, but the resulting images seemed more like they were making light of fat ladies in bikini than jorp so I won't bother posting it. I don't want to be mean to fat ladies in bikinis I only want to be mean to jorp. I just checked his website to see if he's going to be near me, but he isn't doing any dumb talks until 2023. I want to glue all of his doors shut.

Oh gosh no I hope I'm not pre-woke scolding myself.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

All you need to do is photoshop that weirdly lobster red image of Jorp from the cover of their carnivore diet book, slap it onto a swimsuit illustrated magazine cover, and put that in his tweet instead.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

The Fattest PI posted:

I don't want to be mean to fat ladies in bikinis I only want to be mean to jorp.

I just checked and you are literally the first person in to make that sentence, so you can add that on your resume.

It would be a plus if I was your hiring manager.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

She's totally getting flashbacks to when he used that tone on her at age 6 to lecture her about, I dunno, the depravity of using the same knife for the jam and the peanut butter without washing it.

Also, for gently caress's sake, use a pop filter, Jorp.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
non-athletic bawdy

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Fuckin authoritarians trying to force their unrealistic standards on us. We were meant to pop. We were born to pop. I'm tired of this marxist agenda trying to pretend there's no pops.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This mf cant get hard for anyone lmao

Edit: pop boners not mics or pills, Jorp.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Imagine buying two SM7Bs for that 'pro podcaster' look and not bothering to hit them with any EQ or a slammed compressor.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Jorp kabobs, Jorp gumbo, Jorp ice cream, Jorp skin coats, Jorp hubcaps, Jorp contact lenses, Jorp-based religion.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mister Speaker posted:

Imagine buying two SM7Bs for that 'pro podcaster' look and not bothering to hit them with any EQ or a slammed compressor.

And still whiny as poo poo even with the proximity effect.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

I would take him a tiny bit more seriously if he filtered a Darth Vader voice in.

*Raspy breathing*:

"You will make your bed."

"I... Will make my bed. I wanted to make my bed."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm an audio engineer by trade, and this kind of poo poo annoys me to no end. I don't mention it, other than when the discussion is specifically brought up, because no one ever wants to hear (heh) about it, but goddamn people; take a minute to learn A THING about audio and recording.

Just another thing I don't like about Jorp. :colbert:

Edit:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

And still whiny as poo poo even with the proximity effect.

The 'whine' can also be from an improperly pointed mic. Pro-tip: place it high, aim it downward at your mouth/neck/chest. Aiming it upwards (essentially tip your nose) from below loses a lot of bass and adds more of the 'whine', if that's what you're referring to.

This is assuming he's using a cardiod or figure-8 polar pattern.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 11, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's a 7B, it just does cardioid AFAIK.

Edit: You hiring, Rupert? :D

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

DominoKitten posted:

All you need to do is photoshop that weirdly lobster red image of Jorp from the cover of their carnivore diet book, slap it onto a swimsuit illustrated magazine cover, and put that in his tweet instead.

A lobster posted:

Edit:
:kstare:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

https://youtu.be/dHO30Xzzhac

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Well that's horrifying. Thank you for that.

(someone probe this person)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peter's son

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Jordan Peniscum

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Welp just leveled up after watching 10 hours of Doctor Jordan Peterson. Can't decide whether to put these new skill points into Agreeableness or Extraversion. My Neuroticism is
already maxxed out.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ok where the gently caress are the probes. Where are you mods? Sleeping?

edit: bottom left is the most funny to me. "Oh, you're drowning teddy bear? I want to watch. I.... want..... to watch...... (creepy masturbating face).

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

cleaning their room

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
:roflolmao:

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm an audio engineer by trade, and this kind of poo poo annoys me to no end. I don't mention it, other than when the discussion is specifically brought up, because no one ever wants to hear (heh) about it, but goddamn people; take a minute to learn A THING about audio and recording.

Just another thing I don't like about Jorp. :colbert:

Edit:

The 'whine' can also be from an improperly pointed mic. Pro-tip: place it high, aim it downward at your mouth/neck/chest. Aiming it upwards (essentially tip your nose) from below loses a lot of bass and adds more of the 'whine', if that's what you're referring to.

This is assuming he's using a cardiod or figure-8 polar pattern.

I wish I knew this when I did some guest spots on a real, big-time podcast radio thing. They had the same mics used in that Jorp clip, but we were in a branch studio with the audio engineers on another continent. It was about the size of two phone booths and had big bay widows on the two main walls, which meant the mics were too good and would pic up the echo off the windows and begin a feedback loop. We had to practically kiss the mics, which were cocked at an angle, not at the chest as you suggest, and speak in borderline ASMR tones. It sounded great, but meant a good chunk of my attention was spent babying the audio setup instead of on what I was talking about.

Anyway, I have shut off podcasts and youtube videos because the makers couldn't be bothered about audio quality. Is there something about audio compression or bit rates that seem to amplify sibilance, or is that just me and my tinnitus?

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
what you need is a podcast that records onto tape. more pleasing frequency response and roll-off