Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I swear, one of these days, if I don't learn the difference between baklava and a balaclava, I'll eat my own hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Really? What's the name of his other leg?
Awful

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009
It's too bad Goatse wasn't around in the age of Kickstarter, he'd really nail those stretch goals.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
A math (major) joke I made up hangover last Saturday:

--

Polish airline decided to buy new airplanes, and invited big aircraft manufacturer to come over and present their planes. As the contract was big, the they bought up their best and newest planes, most beautiful salespersons and best possible catering.

The airline people came, toured the planes, listened to sales pitches, ate, drank and left. The event seemed like a success for the manufacturer.

However, one sales executive checked the catering afterwards:, all beer and vodka was gone, as were most of the food, but there was a lot of pies left over.

- "Was there something wrong with the food?" - asked the executive.
- "Nah, that is just a normal residue" - answered the catering staff. "After touring the complex plane a simple pole will only eye two pies."

Letmebefrank has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Jun 6, 2022

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Letmebefrank posted:

A math (major) joke I made up hangover last Saturday:

--

Polish airline decided to buy new airplanes, and invited big aircraft manufacturer to come over and present their planes. As the contract was big, the they bought up their best and newest planes, most beautiful salespersons and best possible catering.

The airline people came, toured the planes, listened to sales pitches, ate, drank and left. The event seemed like a success for the manufacturer.

However, one sales executive checked the catering afterwards:, all beer and vodka was gone, as were most of the food, but there was a lot of pies left over.

- "Was there something wrong with the food?" - asked the executive.
- "Nah, that is just a normal residue" - answered the catering staff. "After touring the complex plane a simple pole will only eye two pies."

I like it, thanks.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A mathematician named his dog Cauchy. Because it leaves a residue at every simple pole.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

A scientist had been working for a long time to discover a way to live forever. Rather than experiment on humans, however, he tested his formulas on a pair of dolphins, which he kept in the pool behind his house.

One day he finally had a breakthrough: he realized the missing ingredient was a hormone found only in the bodies of sea birds. Grabbing a cage, he rushed off to the beach to capture some.

While he was out, a lion escaped its pen in a nearby zoo. However, it was an elderly, toothless beast, and it only wandered a short distance before settling down on the scientist's front porch to nap in the sun. When the scientist returned with his birds, he was so excited that he barely noticed the lion. He just jumped over it and rushed into his lab. But before he could get started, the FBI broke in and arrested him.

The charge: transporting gulls across a staid lion for immortal porpoises.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
:dadjoke:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
How many fish does it take to protect you from the sun?

Just a pair o' sole.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Two murderers have escaped from prison so police set road blocks on a perimeter. At one of them police men stop two Italians in a car. The Italians ask why they stopped them, the police man says we're looking for two murderers.

The Italians look at each other, then back at the police man and say : ok, we'll do it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
What's the longest word in the English language?

Smiles. There's a mile between the two s's.

What do elephants use for tampons?

Sheep.

This one had everyone in middle school crying from laughing.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

What do elephants use for tampons?

Sheep.

This one had everyone in middle school crying from laughing.

Follow-up joke:

What do elephants use for vibrators?

Epileptics.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Q: why do men take such long craps?

A: it’s the only time our Wive’s can’t nag us! 😂

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wonder why I've never heard an English "whole-word-spoonerism" joke. Like this one in Danish:

Hvad er forskellen på en færge og en boksehandske? (What is the difference between a ferry and a boxing glove?)

En færge tuder i havnen, men en boksehandske havner i tuden (A ferry honks at the landing, but a boxing glove lands on your honker)

Wow I actually managed to translate that while keeping the pun (though the English does sound a bit more awkward to me than the Danish version).

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Carthag Tuek posted:

I wonder why I've never heard an English "whole-word-spoonerism" joke. Like this one in Danish:

Hvad er forskellen på en færge og en boksehandske? (What is the difference between a ferry and a boxing glove?)

En færge tuder i havnen, men en boksehandske havner i tuden (A ferry honks at the landing, but a boxing glove lands on your honker)

Wow I actually managed to translate that while keeping the pun (though the English does sound a bit more awkward to me than the Danish version).

That's impressive translating!

That kind of joke for sure happens in English. For instance,

What's the difference between a circus and a whore house?

One has a cunning array of stunts...

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Hyperlynx posted:

What's the difference between a corn farmer with epilepsy and a prostiture with diarrhea?
One shucks between fits.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
For a more wholesome one.

What's the difference between a metallurgist and burgler?

One watches steel, the other steals watches.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
/\E: yeah like that /\

I think by "whole word" they mean the words stay the same as opposed to the usually English versions where they get jumbled up.

lovely example: what's the difference between (some coward named Bruce idk) and Bruce Bagemhil? One chickened out and the other outs chickens.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah, like Splicer said, where entire words get switched instead of just the first letter/syllable. Also nice one, hooman!

Also thanks Hyperlynx :)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

Yeah, like Splicer said, where entire words get switched instead of just the first letter/syllable. Also nice one, hooman!

Hvad er forskel mellem H.C. Andersen og en dildo?

H.C. Andersen er forfatter; en dildo er for mutter.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rust Martialis posted:

Hvad er forskel mellem H.C. Andersen og en dildo?

H.C. Andersen er forfatter; en dildo er for mutter.

rofl den var ny for mig

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Selachian posted:

A scientist had been working for a long time to discover a way to live forever. Rather than experiment on humans, however, he tested his formulas on a pair of dolphins, which he kept in the pool behind his house.

One day he finally had a breakthrough: he realized the missing ingredient was a hormone found only in the bodies of sea birds. Grabbing a cage, he rushed off to the beach to capture some.

While he was out, a lion escaped its pen in a nearby zoo. However, it was an elderly, toothless beast, and it only wandered a short distance before settling down on the scientist's front porch to nap in the sun. When the scientist returned with his birds, he was so excited that he barely noticed the lion. He just jumped over it and rushed into his lab. But before he could get started, the FBI broke in and arrested him.

The charge: transporting gulls across a staid lion for immortal porpoises.

This was better when the birds were mynahs.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Carthag Tuek posted:

Hm. There was a joke in Asterix, I think in The Chieftain's Shield, where they turn up at a hot springs medical place, and ask one of the workers there where the head doctor is, and the worker tells them, and finishes with "tell him your condition, whatever springs to mind. I've got to mind the springs".

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I mean the common answer to "I have a hole in my sock" is "better than the other way around."

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Of course you do, how else are you going to put it on? /dadjoke

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

hooman posted:

For a more wholesome one.

What's the difference between a metallurgist and burgler?

One watches steel, the other steals watches.

Reminds me of:
What's the difference between a jeweler and a jailor?

One sells watches, the other watches cells.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hyperlynx posted:

Hm. There was a joke in Asterix, I think in The Chieftain's Shield, where they turn up at a hot springs medical place, and ask one of the workers there where the head doctor is, and the worker tells them, and finishes with "tell him your condition, whatever springs to mind. I've got to mind the springs".

Yes!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I mean the common answer to "I have a hole in my sock" is "better than the other way around."

alright! (form is off, but I'll accept it)

Dodgeball posted:

Reminds me of:
What's the difference between a jeweler and a jailor?

One sells watches, the other watches cells.

Yes!!

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
I'm reminded of Norm MacDonald trying to work towards jokes where the punchline is as close as possible to the setup. One example:

"Christie Brinkley has announced she is divorcing Billy Joel. She said she knew the marriage was over when she realized, 'She is Christie Brinkley, and he is Billy Joel.'"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hyperlynx posted:

The better version of that is "What's the difference between a magician's wand and a policeman's truncheon? One's for cunning stunts..."

On the subject of elephant jokes: why do elephants have four feet?

Because they'd look silly with only six inches.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jedit posted:

The better version of that is "What's the difference between a magician's wand and a policeman's truncheon? One's for cunning stunts..."

... and the other's for police brutality? I don't get it :confused:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Hyperlynx posted:

I've always heard that one as the difference between a circus and parliament...

:hmmyes:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Hyperlynx posted:

What’s the difference between a smart little person and an STD?

One is a cunning runt…

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

HEY ANYONE HEARD THE ONE ABOUT THE STUNNING CUNTS

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

many people warned posters like you might show up, yes

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I've always liked the ones where a word is turned into a different category, like a noun into a verb or the other way round.

"Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana."

or

"What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? You can roast beef."

Or a (sadly untranslateable) German one:

"Ich hasse Menschen, die Redensarten falsch benutzen. Die nerven wie Drahtseile."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?

"I've never paid to have a garbanzo bean on my face."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dave Syndrome posted:

Or a (sadly untranslateable) German one:

"Ich hasse Menschen, die Redensarten falsch benutzen. Die nerven wie Drahtseile."

It can't be directly translated, but the meaning is conveyed by "I hate people who use idioms. They should knock it off."

Jedit has a new favorite as of 09:09 on Jun 11, 2022

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Rust Martialis posted:

What's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?

"I've never paid to have a garbanzo bean on my face."

speak for yourself

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

George Carlin famously said about acceptable language for television: “You can prick your finger – Just don’t finger your prick.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tom Waits is responsible for both "Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends" and "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."