Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
piss stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
No bullshit, my piss will smell like hot garbage within 15 minutes if eating asparagus. It’s amazing how fast it happens.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh good, 39 posts about asparagus

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
My grandpa would call em spear grasses, fogging out an indoor bathroom with piss stink is one thing, but pissing outside and someone is downwind and notices the smell of urine? It's got some legs

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the best is when you forgot you ate asparagus, and then it's like... 'oh. i ate asparagus.'

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
not traditional but asparagus is delicious in a stir fry

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
people who say 'as-pear-a-gus' instead of 'a-spare-a-gus' should be shot

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
in the produce industry it is lovingly referred to as 'grass'

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
a thick spear is actually quite good, don't be afraid to buy them if they're not skinny! you just gotta peel the bottoms

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
don't snap asparagus at the "natural snapping point" that's not a thing - you are losing alot of usable product. just cut off like an inch from the bottom.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

why is everyone eating so much asparagus anyway? garbage tier useless food imo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
white asparagus is asparagus that has been covered during growing so certain pigments do not grow- it's like cave asparagus! pretty cool.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Walrus posted:

people who say 'as-pear-a-gus' instead of 'a-spare-a-gus' should be shot

it's as-par-a-gus

spare and pear rhyme

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

why is everyone eating so much asparagus anyway? garbage tier useless food imo

its very good for you and super delicious! I can only imagine you've had poorly prepared asparagus. did it still have a snap? gotta be al dente mon ami

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Walrus posted:

its very good for you and super delicious! I can only imagine you've had poorly prepared asparagus. did it still have a snap? gotta be al dente mon ami

if i'm gonna eat some greens it's gonna be lettuce and cucumber and maybe some green beans

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

it's as-par-a-gus

spare and pear rhyme

or 'per' but yeah good call ty

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

if i'm gonna eat some greens it's gonna be lettuce and cucumber and maybe some green beans

if you include some other stuff in your diet every day, like some asparagus, carrots, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, you will honestly feel like a new person in a week. its kinda crazy tbh.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Walrus posted:

a thick spear is actually quite good, don't be afraid to buy them if they're not skinny! you just gotta peel the bottoms

I prefer the thicker ones, especially if I’m grilling them. Way easier to keep them from over cooking.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Walrus posted:

if you include some other stuff in your diet every day, like some asparagus, carrots, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, you will honestly feel like a new person in a week. its kinda crazy tbh.

i try sometimes but i'm prone to depression so it's a lot of easier to guzzle down multiple tubes of pringles then sleep for 13 hours

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I eat asparagus raw and uncooked. Slap some in a Pringles can you didn't cum down the barrel of then you got a treat at your leisure. The aroma of raw asparagus is a more profound bouquet of smells

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
If your piss don't stink, you might have diabetes,

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Zybourne Clock posted:

Sweet as summer wine.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't like eating asparagus but I do enjoy other vegetables. How good for you is asparagus compared to, say, raw carrots, green beans, broccoli, and black beans? I'm still not going to pick it up because I really don't like it, but I'm curious about its benefits.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Diabetic piss is in high demand in German filmmaking

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love asparagus.
Unless it's canned. That stuff is a crime and I have no idea what it's made for. It's awful.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Everyone says that NYC smells like piss, but even if I assume they only mean Manhattan, I don't smell it outside of the train stations and occasionally parks. Is my nose broken?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
*holding a wine glass of piss to my nose and taking a whiff*

...und strong notes of marzipan.

*german audience claps politely*

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Everyone says that NYC smells like piss, but even if I assume they only mean Manhattan, I don't smell it outside of the train stations and occasionally parks. Is my nose broken?

You've become too used to the smell to notice. Better move to Germany.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

YeahTubaMike posted:

In the summer it smells mostly like car exhaust, cigarettes, piss, and fish.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Zybourne Clock posted:

You've become too used to the smell to notice. Better move to Germany.

Germany seems nice, especially the whole "not smelling like pee" part. I'd consider it.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Things that affect my piss smell:

1. Coffee
2. Asparagus
3. These ham steaks that we used to get in MREs, you'd get that salty meat smell in your piss that smelled exactly like the juice the ham was packed in.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
The German countryside smells like pig piss and poo poo because farmers spread those over their fields instead of injecting it underground. Move to Germany, and you will definitely unbreak your nose.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Spreading manure on farm fields?! Only the Germans man, haha wild

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Yeah, it's pretty wild. Like they still live in the 1800s.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I would assume you need to drink more water

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
What smells worse, poo poo or dried piss?

Dried piss is really bad.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I once ate like 6 oz of roasted garlic at once and was breathing, sweating, crying, and pissing garlic smell for like 2 days

Worth it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I should probably drink more water

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have nothing to say on the topic off piss stink, pee smell bad this is known

Pet peeves though, and people not using turn signals though... I've had two near accidents in the past two days at the same drat intersection from people yoloing through a light that had been red for a few seconds already, making a left turn with no signal. Thought I was good to start making my right turn coming from the opposite direction but no, fuckers in their bigass trucks without turn signals on loving blew threw the red light and made their left turn while honking at me and I had to not only slam on my brakes but throw my car in reverse and back off to give their asses room to pass by. would have loving let them hit me if I didn't like my car so much

not a joke gently caress des moines drivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
probe me if you want I'm about to go to bed anyway but I needed to vent about that because goddamn I'm actually scared of that intersection now and its right on my way home from work :toot: