Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

blatman posted:

i asked my parents about it a few years back, turns out they wanted to make sure i got the best education possible so they put me in a private school that was willing to put me in first grade a couple years early and they withdrew me as soon as they found out about the americanization thing

reading the first post I thought "I believe them, but I just can't picture it", and now I can. amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

It's only a little light treason

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Did someone tell them it doesn't really count if you tip your desk forward?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

actually all of the deer cam footage has been JT in disguise all along

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

New FNAF looking spooky as hell

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

bottlemen’d

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

If you're going to question my vague recollection of some articles I briefly skimmed years ago, on a subject that I have no expertise whatsoever and limited personal interest in, in a forum dedicated to low stakes shitposting, then you're drat right it's a personal attack and you'd best bring your A game.

Putting this in the file of potential future D&D hover texts.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/buperac/status/1535290774459273217

I believe the standard coping response to the PM being revealed as a pedophile is 'lol. lmao'

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
did you look at anything else from that account?

https://twitter.com/buperac/status/1535426899119198208

they're an antivax freedom convoy albertan separatist who is "just asking questions"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I read the article

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so did i.

it says an unnamed business man presented them with a copy of a confidentiality agreement he didn't feel he was bound by, that they couldn't publish the details of, that has neither been acknowledged or refuted. the business man heavily implies that the prime minister had a sexual relationship with a child, the entire article is based on this accusation and the unprintable confidentiality agreement they were shown.

idk, forward it to rebel and see if they can rake up some muck

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Jun 11, 2022

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
also lol that the buffalo chronicle is in any way a good source

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like, the story is that this unnamed businessman discovered via emails that their child was having a "torrid" affair with the man who is now prime minister, but they cannot provide any evidence of this because it would violate a financial settlement that they aren't even party to. never mind that would be a criminal matter and to the best of my knowledge you can't enforce a contract to cover up the commission of a crime

perhaps the reason no one has picked up this story in the three years since it was published is that the trudeau family has been exerting power and influence over every media outlet in the nation, to keep it suppressed, or, possibly no one else including the rabidly anti-trudeau rags like rebel can find anything to make hay out of.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

my "never been sued for libel" shirt is raising a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I believe the standard coping response to the PM being revealed as a pedophile is 'lol. lmao'

Are you doing a QAnon bit?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they got got by a fake news site that exists explicitly to enable this kind of conspiracy mongering via the credulous and those with an axe to grind

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/stevenchase/status/1535427427152822274?s=20&t=OvdWcxSdny34ZCwh3jcxSw

congratulations to the state of canada, which now has a land border with two countries

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Hand Knit posted:

https://twitter.com/stevenchase/status/1535427427152822274?s=20&t=OvdWcxSdny34ZCwh3jcxSw

congratulations to the state of canada, which now has a land border with two countries

Article: Our government is able to solve its fake problems peacefully, unlike those perifideous Ruskies!!!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I guess someone stopped the alcohol trading and they had to settle it for real

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/08/world/what-in-the-world/canada-denmark-hans-island-whisky-schnapps.html

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

infernal machines posted:

they got got by a fake news site that exists explicitly to enable this kind of conspiracy mongering via the credulous and those with an axe to grind

Yeah...might as well post the Rebel or Post Millenial

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Trudeau is just a dorky entitled theatre nerd who sucks at his job.

Trying to reveal a grand conspiracy greater than that is loving stupid and takes away from the valid criticism about him sucking at his job.

Also linking that article is a fine sign you failed media literacy.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hand Knit posted:

I've been to Hans Island and got to watch some low key passive aggressive claims staking between Canada and Denmark first hand.

Glad they decided to solve the issue of that barren, frozen, wind swept hunk of useless real estate with Solomon-like wisdom

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

makes sense that they would want to resolve this dispute now because i'm guessing russia is gonna start disputing newly opened water ways (also nat gas deposits) in the arctic because of climate change

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Not a reliable source.

https://www.canadaland.com/the-buffalo-chronicle-is-not-reliable/?fbclid=IwAR3xBMY-EXcBri4Mj8I4aWIkqTF8AjEWz6-XGDd5J2zWn-fLrizmpJqCaWE

quote:

I reached the owner of the site, Matthew Ricchiazzi, to ask for details of their reporting, but didn’t receive much. Ricchiazzi says he agreed to keep his writers’ names secret — he says he has two contributors in Canada — and that, while he hasn’t independently verified much of their reporting, he is very confident it is all accurate.

Ricchiazzi is a failed municipal candidate in Buffalo — he couldn’t get enough valid signatures to run for mayor in 2009, and was later rejected as a school board candidate. And he’s gotten in trouble for his work on The Buffalo Chronicle before.

In 2012, Ricchiazzi had a hand in spreading a homophobic mailout targeting a Republican state senator who voted in support of gay marriage. Last January, a Rochester-based company had to issue a statement specifically calling out a story on the Chronicle’s website as false. The website lists the outlet’s corporate name as “The Buffalo Chronicle Media Group,” and yet I haven’t been able to find any corporation registered under that name in New York State.

Many of the names listed on the Chronicle’s website as staff members either haven’t written for the site in years, or deny knowing anything about the operation. The Chronicle’s website has reported that a former municipal Green Party candidate, Terrence Robinson, was its managing editor. Elsewhere, it lists him as its city hall reporter. When reached by phone, Robinson didn’t even know the Chronicle had a website — he thought it was a Facebook page.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Robinson told me. He laughed when I told him that the page lists his email address and phone number. “Oh my god,” he said, adding: “It’s some cover.”

Today, Ricchiazzi lists himself as a consultant with Enkindle Strategies — a company which has no web history to speak of, and does not appear to exist apart from its mention on Ricchiazzi’s LinkedIn page.

On Sunday, I decided to start working up a story on the Chronicle. I pitched a column about the weird saga to the The Globe and Mail (which ultimately passed) and reached out to Ricchiazzi for comment. I wanted to know the names of his so-called reporters, whether he could even try to back up some of the outlandish claims he published, and whether he had been paying the Canadian Press for their photos and stories.

Ricchiazzi replied that he would “under no circumstances” respond to a request for comment from any publication that would “allow for the State-sponsorship of its journalism or journalists” and refused comment on my questions. Ricchiazzi then threatened legal action if I published anything suggesting he refused comment.

On Monday morning, Ricchiazzi published a story — written in the same tone and voice as the previous articles — claiming I was a Liberal operative and suggesting I had attempted “political intimidation and extortion.”

The publication’s bizarre reaction aside, it wasn’t exactly difficult to figure out that the Chronicle was an unreliable outlet. All the details I’ve recounted here are relatively easy to find out with a basic amount of Googling. The politicians and social media denizens who amplified the nonsense reporting did none of this. Because the stories suited the political bent of those happily clicking “share,” the conspiracy theories were unleashed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmfao the Buffalo Chronicle has less journalistic integrity than the Epoch Times. I think one (former) buddy shared some vaccine poo poo from there on Facebook and got roundly ridiculed for it.

flashy_mcflash has issued a correction as of 18:55 on Jun 12, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Oct 29, 2022

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Legit posted that article like 10 hours ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is cspam, no one reads the thread

:justpost:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

infernal machines posted:

this is cspam, no one reads the thread

:justpost:

never read :justpost:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

write-only thread

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
i read every single post but the psychic damage it has inflicted renders me unable to post except in brief moments of lucidity. let this be a lesson to you all

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

runs in out of breath. hey everyone! have you heard the latest news? you know the news. putin puts pm peter poutine in position to put pending package of pistols to ponbas a priority

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Trudeau’s mom was a milf and people probably need to be more considerate of the psychological toll of that

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

never read :justpost:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i have every poster in this thread on ignore

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Oct 29, 2022

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I'm sorry. The ponbas

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Futanari Damacy posted:

Sick of Michaels already. Take them away!

You can take my Michaels but you'll never take my freedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

don't doxx me and the mods