Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions seriously seems like they got exactly who they wanted with the first four picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I want to see Dan Campbell coach a game in the race car helmet

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1534898467448844293?t=Kr7YZp-16R4mCDXNyOH41w&s=19

lmao good riddance

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1534960733649358848

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1534964551166201857

Bears are going to the World Series.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 9, 2022

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hizawk posted:

The Lions seriously seems like they got exactly who they wanted with the first four picks.

Interesting they had Joseph with a 2nd round grade. We knew they needed a safety, but nobody really knew which ones they liked.

Sounds like the would have taken Cine if they had stayed at 32.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It sounds like Rodgers made it fairly clear to Adams that there's at most 2 seasons left before he retires, and that was a big factor in Adams deciding to go to Vegas instead so he could get 5 years with a good quarterback instead of 2 years with an elite QB and 3 with ???

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1534990723631570944

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

quote:

Lions spent a long period of time testing the throwing arms of the running backs, tight ends, and wide receivers. Of the group, I thought Godwin Igwebuike had some of the best throws of the group. Tom Kennedy, who had the perfect throw to Kalif Raymond in last year’s season finale, also dropped a dime during the session. Raymond picked out the best throwers from his group after practice.

When Jared Goff is your QB, and you have no backup QB, everyone is your QB.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wait, the Lions really have no backup QB? I figured they were checking these guys out for potential trick plays.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Wait, the Lions really have no backup QB? I figured they were checking these guys out for potential trick plays.

David Blough and Tim Boyle have a hard time throwing the ball in practice. Like, terrible.

The drop-off from Jared Goff to the backup QB is probably the greatest talent drop off in backup QBs from all 32 teams.

Jared Goff isn't that good to begin with.

Hizawk fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 11, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

When Jared Goff is your QB, and you have no backup QB, everyone is your QB.

Hey, it worked against Green Bay!

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1480247823736131588?t=qfKLE_JEXMhIQYKMBWqDLA&s=19

In other news, a second retirement has hit Allen Park:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSRaven/status/1535588556424548352?t=kkyP292ien_PRHPpTBdKrA&s=19

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Penisini

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"Long" John Penisini

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

End of the Penei Sewell - Analzone - Penisini era of the Lions. :sad:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounds like a good time over there in Detroit

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Retired for medical reasons.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Allergic to the lions?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Allergic to the lions?

Isnt everybody? Staffords allergies cleared right up.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I know Olin likes to talk poo poo but this will be the worst offensive line in the league by a country mile.

https://twitter.com/olin_kreutz/status/1536418021924818944?t=4a3zUKJDTdSiqXWHjeC7Zw&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Isn't Patrick supposed to be your center?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He is. He has literally only played Center here in camp. Olin is just tweeting poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Once Justin Fields gets ceremonially sacrificed week one we can get back to Bears football.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Once Justin Fields gets ceremonially sacrificed week one we can get back to Bears football.

Siemian is a Traditional Bears Quarterback (bad)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Trevor "Jonathan Quinn" Siemian

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Joke of Bears' Quarterbacks (bad)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Maybe the double negative of being a bad QB for a bad team will somehow make Siemian good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Maybe the double negative of being a bad QB for a bad team will somehow make Siemian good.

Didn't work when he was the starter at northwestern

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I feel like the Bears have tried this strategy multiple times

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Worked for Jim Miller :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1536806586903060480

lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
lol bears

maybe their awfulness will help detroit get to the playoffs

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lions sign Devin Funchess, TE.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

My first thought was that the Lions must not like what they're seeing out of the TE they drafted this year. But I think that might be overreacting a little. Obviously the truth must be that they're gonna let Hockenson walk.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

tinstaach posted:

My first thought was that the Lions must not like what they're seeing out of the TE they drafted this year. But I think that might be overreacting a little. Obviously the truth must be that they're gonna let Hockenson walk.

Definitely a replacement for hock. Or that they only have hock and the injured rookie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Niwrad posted:

I know Olin likes to talk poo poo but this will be the worst offensive line in the league by a country mile.

https://twitter.com/olin_kreutz/status/1536418021924818944?t=4a3zUKJDTdSiqXWHjeC7Zw&s=19

Borom Whitehair would be a good name for a character in a bad fantasy novel.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Quinn didn't show up to minicamp. Looks like he wants out and can't blame him. Maybe can get a halfway decent pick for him? Although trading him earlier when teams had cap space seems like it would have been easier.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Even Tony likes to save big money.

Please get here already, training camp.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Robert Quinn story continues to be extremely Bears to me. He sucked the year Pagano made him play in a 2 point stance, and then set the Bears single season sack record in a season where everybody got fired. And now he’s the only old guy left on a defense which was the oldest in the league.

I hope he keeps holding out and we trade him to some AFC playoff contender who could actually use what he has left in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

The Robert Quinn story continues to be extremely Bears to me. He sucked the year Pagano made him play in a 2 point stance, and then set the Bears single season sack record in a season where everybody got fired. And now he’s the only old guy left on a defense which was the oldest in the league.

I hope he keeps holding out and we trade him to some AFC playoff contender who could actually use what he has left in the tank.

Is this actually a thing or just an old guy avoiding excess wear and tear?

I don't mind if they trade him if they can get some value, but I'm not sure plus 30 guys skipping minicamp means anything. Unless there's news I'm missing.