Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder what he thinks makes him "illegal"
Contains more than 0.1% w/v cocaine hydrochloride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Dumb as poo poo prole pleb track maintainer: I can't afford the risk of being laid off this year.
Smart urbane cerebral genius Lord Adonis: I don't know what you're complaining about, train drivers are very well paid.

e: I think something like that was the topic of a IWW comic in the 1910s so +1 for the some poo poo never changes crew

I don't know what Adonis is huffing but it has to be an arrestable offense to do it.

It's typical Network Rail want to get rid of their Trackmen (Trackperson? We're called Trackmen but there are women who do the same role so?) at a time where we're told there is a shortage of Trackmen to do the work that needs to be done. I'm seeing it as well, on Sunday I have a 12 hour shift in Bristol because there weren't enough Trackmen to have three teams on so the hours are being extended. 12 hours on track is good to no one, you don't get the quality of work that would be done by people who are working 8 - 81/2 hours and accidents are more likely. I think Network Rail want more people employed by the agencies like I am. We're all on zero hour contracts so if Network Rail decide they don't need workers for a week or whatever they don't have to pay us. But it causes people to leave the industry, why do the backbreaking work on the rails when you can earn just as much in a Tesco warehouse?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder what he thinks makes him "illegal"

Next time I hear a boomer moaning about ”illegals” and saying they should be sent away I'll make sure to say the only illegal that ought to be deported is our illustrious PM

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Excellent.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Speaking of strikes the junior doctors are asking for a reinstation of pay equivalent to 2008 levels or it's strike time. Let's see if anything comes of this.

The govt is going to pass a law making it illegal for doctors to go on strike.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Z the IVth posted:

Speaking of strikes the junior doctors are asking for a reinstation of pay equivalent to 2008 levels or it's strike time. Let's see if anything comes of this.

The govt is going to pass a law making it illegal for doctors to go on strike.

Wonder how effective it would be to ban striking for the only profession who can all call in sick on the same day and provide each other a doctor's note for it.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Actually, the NHS is doing fine financially.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/11/nhs-needs-reform-not-more-money-to-deliver-sajid-javid-says

Saj posted:

... adding that its budget this year exceeded Greece’s GDP.

So? Who cares? Also, clarity on one of the week's main stories.

quote:

In an interview with the Times, he compared the NHS to the now defunct video rental chain Blockbuster, arguing that it needed to be dramatically restructured in order to continue delivering healthcare free at the point of use.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1535574974496395264?s=21&t=fgf_rVyhGqw_Zf19pfCRVg

The Beatles surely couldn't have known that they were writing 'Nowhere Man' about someone who was then two years old.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People didn't boo starmer at the jubbly therefore labour is winning patriotically.

Please do not ask if starmer was at the jubbly or if anybody noticed if he was.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
right now is exactly what all the careerist shitheads in labour told themselves would be their ticket back into power but they've made the leader and the party such non-entities that they don't benefit from the weekly scandles and wacky caricature of corruption and entitlement PM

lol gently caress them, gently caress the labour party forever :hehe:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
people didn't boo starmer because they didn't loving know who he was

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

This is Canon

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

jiggerypokery posted:

This is Canon

I tweeted it at him, but he's had me blocked for a few years so not sure if he'll see it.
If anyone wants to steal my NFT and tweet it at him, please feel free

In other news, amazing things happened in Peckham

https://twitter.com/mcash/status/1535656879988297730
https://twitter.com/mikewhoatv/status/1535662752416649220

e: And this too https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1535598084528406530

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 11, 2022

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
To be honest, I'd probably avoid talking to Femi, too

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
What was the police raid about, a deportation or something else?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

happyhippy posted:

What was the police raid about, a deportation or something else?

Yeah, it was an immigration raid.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/politicsmoments/status/1535357007372374016

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
They're buried in one grave?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Did he get his country back?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1535574974496395264?s=21&t=fgf_rVyhGqw_Zf19pfCRVg

The Beatles surely couldn't have known that they were writing 'Nowhere Man' about someone who was then two years old.

The public agrees

https://twitter.com/leftiestats/status/1535705762873368576?s=21&t=742tLrK8zrk9T6GGPEwGAQ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:ohdear:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Kinky.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I just want you to know that the shinty was good fun today. Kingussie even have an Italian player, shinty is going global man. Scunnered for the poor Caberfeidh keeper Iain McColl though, made some big saves but all anybody will remember is him loving up a goal mouth scramble to let Kingussie back in the game when they were losing 2-0 a few minutes before half-time.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
should we maybe just give up talking about our hosed to death politics and make this a shinty thread instead

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i know absolutely nothing about shinty, but i do like the name

i reckon even if i didn't know what it was, i'd know shinty was something scottish

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Shinty sounds like a magazine aimed at young girls from the 70s.

Something adjacent to the Dandy or Beano, so still something scottish.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They're buried in one grave?

Saved them from figuring out which twin should get which headstone, I guess.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shyrka posted:

Shinty sounds like a magazine aimed at young girls from the 70s.

Something adjacent to the Dandy or Beano, so still something scottish.

You're thinking of Jinty, a girls comic that ran from the 1950s until 1981. It was Fleetway, though, not DC Thomson.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I typed Shinty Féin into the ai thing but it just gave me hockey pictures alas.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone else's internet broken? Google seems to have died. Which is good, but I want my videos

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mine's working fine, alas.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Mine too. (OK that is).

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In my defence, I'm rather high

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hm. Mobile data is fine. My ISP must be having a shitfit. Annoying

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

HopperUK posted:

Hm. Mobile data is fine. My ISP must be having a shitfit. Annoying

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but have you cleared your browser cache?

You can have a look here if you put your ISP in the search box see if any widespread problem.

https://downdetector.co.uk/

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but have you cleared your browser cache?

You can have a look here if you put your ISP in the search box see if any widespread problem.

https://downdetector.co.uk/

Yeah - same issues on phone over wifi, but mobile data is fine, so I'm guessing it's just EE being a chore again. Thank you though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

HopperUK posted:

Yeah - same issues on phone over wifi, but mobile data is fine, so I'm guessing it's just EE being a chore again. Thank you though.

Know how to check if it's DNS?