Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
it'll be 30 minutes of morbius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
No, 30 minutes of Eddie Brock in that bar being confused as hell while the bartender explains the entire history of the MCU.

"So you're tellin me that there's a guy whose power is to shrink? And that's a good thing?"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

More like they decided to release it when they heard The Batman was almost 3 hours long. Couldn't let that stand.

That being said, if it has an epilogue where they show two new Spiderverses where Norman surrenders, goes to jail, uses the breakthrough to develope medicines, Otto builds an Arc Reactor, Curt Connors creates a ray thay cures Cancer (and turns people into dinosaurs) Max Dillon get's laid etc....

I would gladly watch that as an ending to this movie.

Heck have an Emma Stone cameo and that would be banging.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TwoPair posted:

No, 30 minutes of Eddie Brock in that bar being confused as hell while the bartender explains the entire history of the MCU.

"So you're tellin me that there's a guy whose power is to shrink? And that's a good thing?"

Not gonna lie I'm sold

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Michael Pena explaining everything going on in the marvel movie universe to drunk Tom Hardy sounds great

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You fools. You absolute morons.

It's going to be Spider-Man encountering Morbius, thus retroactively explaining the after credits scene.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Gologle posted:

It'll take 30 minutes of both screen time and in universe time and will involve a lot of groaning and staggering around and they will also visit uncle Ben's grave and she'll talk about how they met and fell in love and how his favorite catchphrase was "with great power there must also come great responsibility" and how would say it all the time to everyone and Peter would be very visibly confused during the whole 30 minutes

"It's more Ben time"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Tom holland fending off noted paedophile Jared leto by explaining he’s not actually 16 but getting nowhere.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jason Schwartzman as The Spot in Spider-Verse 2, hell yeah. The spots look great, kind of a messy ink look instead of the ovals and circles with perfect edges like a Looney Tunes hole.

https://twitter.com/SonyAnimation/status/1536324880341377024

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 13, 2022

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Lobok posted:

Jason Schwartzman as The Spot in Spider-Verse 2, hell yeah. The spots look great, kind of a messy ink look instead of the ovals and circles with perfect edges like a Looney Tunes hole.

https://twitter.com/SonyAnimation/status/1536324880341377024

Dear Hollywood,

There are too many Jason’s these days. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Spot is a rad pick for this animation style, this is going to look dope (not that we didn't already know that)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The spot is a great villain.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It doesn't come with a promotional image/screencap but also Jorma Taccone is playing "an anachronistic" Vulture. So perhaps they're doing the younger, '60s cartoon Vulture Man.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or the 90s one with the weird age vampire powers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gimme 1602

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Or the 90s one with the weird age vampire powers.

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it the '90s are also anachronistic :corsair:

The life-stealing / age vampire powers could be pretty cool because those easily work into any story where you want a character dealing with growing up, what it means to be an adult, etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It could also be the other way, since Spider-Man 2099 is involved.

Is there a future Vulture?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Normal Vulture just even older.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It could also be the other way, since Spider-Man 2099 is involved.

Is there a future Vulture?

Funnily enough I legit think that Vulture 2099 was the very first super villain in the 2099 books who was "same super villain name as a 616 Marvel villain....but with 2099 at the end!"
His first appearance was in Spider-man 2099 # 6. Which makes it one of the first of the 2099 comics.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm sad the 2099 books didn't catch on. Not because they were good books, but because I have all the #1s and I'd hoped to retire off the money for selling them

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Spot is a great choice for animation. Gonna look so good.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Spot's spots were connected to like every ongoing plot from the back half of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon so I wonder if this movie will have any neogenic nightmares in it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Dear Hollywood,

There are too many Jason’s these days. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

Battle Royale with all the Chris's

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lobok posted:

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it the '90s are also anachronistic :corsair:

The life-stealing / age vampire powers could be pretty cool because those easily work into any story where you want a character dealing with growing up, what it means to be an adult, etc.

I'd imagine the main goal of it was so that there wouldn't be a cartoon with a hero beating up a senior citizen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'd imagine the main goal of it was so that there wouldn't be a cartoon with a hero beating up a senior citizen.

At least not visually. He still was a senior citizen by age. But yeah I guess kids weren't ready for that GILF (Grandpa I'd Love to Fight).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1536499479225958401?t=byIkYssQivh7dZER3ooO7A&s=19

Uhhhhhhhhh

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
J-j-j-joker face
J-j-joker face

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
haha what

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, can't say I saw that coming.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i liked joker for what it was, but it does not need a sequel and it definitely does not need a harley quinn that will fit into the world and tone it created.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hopefully this keeps her away from X-Men.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Huh. Here I was thinking that Joker 2 wouldn't be a lonely island sketch and yet I probably will be wrong

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to read that headline and just see Gaga and miss the part about the sequel being a musical. That's the bananas part for me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

X-O posted:

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to read that headline and just see Gaga and miss the part about the sequel being a musical. That's the bananas part for me.

Yyyyyyyyyep!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

Also that they don't have Phoenix nailed down to return.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/PoorlyAgedStuff/status/1536390078032973825

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Speaking of which, when does strange 2 hit d+again?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

site posted:

Speaking of which, when does strange 2 hit d+again?

The 22nd.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

X-O posted:

I don't hate the idea.

I mean, let me clarify: I hate the general idea, but if Todd Philips isn't actually interested in making more faux-serious grimdark chud-bait and is instead actually interested in making an anachronistic comic book movie that is outside of the norm, then I don't hate the specific idea.