Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

El Diablo Bob O posted:

Wow. This has made me very angry. No lols here.

I realize that none of this is new and par for the course, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm not even sure why it's this in particular for me, besides the fact that they straight-up murdered that reporter. This certainly makes America look piss-weak on foreign affairs as the rest of the world sees the US as a country with no standards or backbone. A man was murdered by an out of control dictatorship and we're just going to let it slide for "peace and stability" like if anyone actually believes this will happen anyway.

Incompetent or ineffectual, our leaders are greedy shitstains and it's because of them we're all screwed.

I hate this loving country.

you forget the part where MBS is still gonna ratfuck Biden and the dems because they like republicans better, Biden is the stupidest idiot alive to think that they’ll actually listen to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the white hand posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1535291954216443910

Both sides agree! it was tough knuckling the saudis down to "we'll forget about the crime we commissioned" but we see eye to eye on it

lol 'both sides agree' is so loving funny. Yea no poo poo Saudis agree it'd be good to forget their whole evil royal family things?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

../the Jakarta Method????

:hmmyes:

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point I'm waiting for Biden to just skip ahead and send the Marines to the Solomon Islands for an amphibious assault

Just merk a teacher right away like Red Dawn

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Grocery prices rose 11.9% annually, the most since 1979, while electricity increased 12%, the most since August 2006. Rent of primary of residence climbed 5.2% from a year earlier, the most since 1987

that seems about right although maybe a little low based on my personal experience. A weeks worth of groceries for me and my fiancee was bout $100 a couple of years ago and now it's closer to $120-$130

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DoubleDonut posted:

I would simply use the vast amount of power that has been surrendered to the Presidency over the last forty years to accomplish things that would make people want to vote for me and my party

wow slow down Cheeto Mussolini

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol if inflation continues unfettered dems are going to lose every race. fetterman, everything lol

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Bananas cost 10$

Dems, "wow that's cheap. #blessed you can buy a banana in America"

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Bananas cost 10$

Dems, "wow that's cheap. #blessed you can buy a banana in America"

marketplace yesterday was the usual perfect flawless diamond

kai ryssdal interviewing 2 economists.

economist 1: idk why everyone keeps saying the economy is bad. consumer impressions, so mysterious
ryssdal: right? why is that
economist 1: idk!
ryssdal: idk!

economist 1: i suppose it's possible that luxury consumers are having some kind of different experience than people who shop at wal mart
economist 2: real wages are down 3%
ryssdal: oh yeah.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

divert all the arms sales from ukraine to yemen

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

divert all the arms sales from ukraine to semen

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the white hand posted:

economist 1: idk why everyone keeps saying the economy is bad. consumer impressions, so mysterious

economist 1: i suppose it's possible that luxury consumers are having some kind of different experience than people who shop at wal mart

kai rhysdal’s is the last voice we will hear before we are electro-prodded into the recycling vats

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

the white hand posted:

:discourse:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

The image link didn't work the first time but I love this as much as the Prince Harry one

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Kai Ryssdal both kept my baby brain asleep and nodding to the liberal world view and accelerated my transition to left wing crank. Once you even begin to suspect that he might actually be full of poo poo his delivery becomes infuriating

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

Kai Ryssdal both kept my baby brain asleep and nodding to the liberal world view and accelerated my transition to left wing crank. Once you even begin to suspect that he might actually be full of poo poo his delivery becomes infuriating

This but everything on NPR. The second you start double checking what they're saying or looking up who funded the last guest, the smug, knowing, entitled delivery of every single piece becomes infuriating.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

every single under 30 they hired sounds like him now, and NPR is unlistenable

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nix Panicus posted:

this...

:meowth: is marketplace

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

the white hand posted:

this...

:meowth: is marketplace

:ssj:

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1410709115333234691

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

someone do an update on the costs of the (carefully curated) items in the original.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Is that just a skillet full of ground beef?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm the plate of rolled American cheese product singles.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
80/20 gb at Walmart is 4.92/lb now, so:

July 2021: 8.20/2lbs
July 2022: 9.84/2lbs

Just the ground beef is now ~20% more expensive

the Biden economic plan is working!!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I can't find it anymore, but shortly after tumpr there was an article about how smarm is so much worse for democracy than people being rude online, and the smarm of the Biden administration is something to behold

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

https://twitter.com/RepStefanik/status/1410734324652003330

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ketchup on the news, there a mus-turd in the presidents diaper

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Is that just a skillet full of ground beef?

this is what happens when you get your failson/faildaughter interns to make a July 4th graphic having never interacted with a normal person lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Willa Rogers posted:

someone do an update on the costs of the (carefully curated) items in the original.

i wont eat that even if you paid me

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

ex post facho posted:

80/20 gb at Walmart is 4.92/lb now, so:

July 2021: 8.20/2lbs
July 2022: 9.84/2lbs

Just the ground beef is now ~20% more expensive

the Biden economic plan is working!!

eat less meat

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm not sourcing from "The Farm Bureau" here are prices literally right now at my local grocery store:
32oz pork and beans - I found a 28 oz can for 1.77; if it were the same price/oz as their 32oz can it'd be 1.66 for an increase of 0.11 basically
2lbs ground beef - a lb of 80/20 which is as low as I feel is reasonable is 4.73, so 9.66 or 1.46 more than last year
half gallon vanilla ice cream - even the cheap store brand is 6.16 for a half-gallon, which is 1.47 more
Boneless center cut pork chops 2lbs - These run 6.38/lb for me right now so 12.76, or up 1.13
2.5 quarts lemonade - 3.28 for the store brand, so that's down 35 cents. A win!
1lb slices cheese - 5.13, so up 1.08
13 oz potato chip bag - 4.92. Saved a penny!

So, in total, this meal will run you 4.89 more, (39.05 vs 43.94) which is an increase of 12.5%

Also were this spread put before me by someone for an actual 4th of July I would be extremely worried about this person

fast cars loose anus has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Jun 11, 2022

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

we got plain potato chips, vanilla ice cream, baked beans, slices of american cheese, a salad with no dressing, a steak with no seasoning, lemonade with an uncut lime in it, and ground meat with no seasoning or onions or peppers

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Jun 11, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Also the NY Times put out a "Biden might not be able to stand for re-election in 2024" article and in it was this

quote:

Howard Dean, the 73-year-old former Vermont governor and Democratic National Committee chairman who ran for president in 2004, has long called for a younger generation of leaders in their 30s and 40s to rise in the party. He said he had voted for Pete Buttigieg, 40, in the 2020 primary after trying to talk Senator Chris Murphy, 48, of Connecticut into running.

“The generation after me is just a complete trash heap,” Mr. Dean said.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fast cars loose anus posted:

Also the NY Times put out a "Biden might not be able to stand for re-election in 2024" article and in it was this

why arent young mouths voting again

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm not sourcing from "The Farm Bureau" here are prices literally right now at my local grocery store:
32oz pork and beans - I found a 28 oz can for 1.77; if it were the same price/oz as their 32oz can it'd be 1.66 for an increase of 0.11 basically
2lbs ground beef - a lb of 80/20 which is as low as I feel is reasonable is 4.73, so 9.66 or 1.46 more than last year
half gallon vanilla ice cream - even the cheap store brand is 6.16 for a half-gallon, which is 1.47 more
Boneless center cut pork chops 2lbs - These run 6.38/lb for me right now so 12.76, or up 1.13
2.5 quarts lemonade - 3.28 for the store brand, so that's down 35 cents. A win!
1lb slices cheese - 5.13, so up 1.08
13 oz potato chip bag - 4.92. Saved a penny!

So, in total, this meal will run you 4.89 more, (39.05 vs 43.94) which is an increase of 12.5%

Also were this spread put before me by someone for an actual 4th of July I would be extremely worried about this person

:cheers: Given that they handpicked the original food to lowball the total, it's funny that it went up by so much.

I agree about the dogshit meal. :barf:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

also do an update on how much that 600 bucks Biden owes me is worth now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Willa Rogers posted:

:cheers: Given that they handpicked the original food to lowball the total, it's funny that it went up by so much.

lol yepppp it's really obvious when there isn't anything made with wheat, not even white bread on this whitest spread

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

also do an update on how much that 600 bucks Biden owes me is worth now

hyperinflation is a common tactic for nations to devalue their debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

The ones that have actually shocked me when I went to the grocery store were the cheese slices (seriously 5 bucks for kraft singles????) and the fact that eggs have skyrocketed. I had always counted on eggs being available as a super cheap source of protein if everything else inflated to the moon but nope, 18 large eggs is nearly 5 bucks now. I know bird flu has something to do with this but its just lovely that that's happening at the time that other meats are going up.